• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Our grandson has won a stupid prize, and is currently in the IDOC Reception Diagnostic Center. Any idea how long is normal/usual/standard for a person to be processed and moved to the next place? He has been there approx 1 month, and we would like to visit, but cain't while he is there.

Thanks

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I am sorry to hear you are dealing with this. Looks like the website says they usually process them in about 4 weeks. He must have really messed up. Just ignore if this is not what you need. Just thought I would try helping. Wishing you all the best. Click intake process.

edit: BTW.....I am not a lawyer or cop......just a guy that reads the court news every day.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Sorry to hear my friend. Hopefully he isnt in for too long and learns his lesson and gets back on the straight and narrow once he gets out.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    I am sorry to hear you are dealing with this. Looks like the website says they usually process them in about 4 weeks. He must have really messed up. Just ignore if this is not what you need. Just thought I would try helping. Wishing you all the best. Click intake process.

edit: BTW.....I am not a lawyer or cop......just a guy that reads the court news every day.
    I have been monitoring that site, waiting on information. Just getting impatient. Bad me.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    2 years was the sentence. And I sure hope so, time will tell.
    I know how you feel my friend. All we can do is teach them well and hope they learn. If his sentence was 2 years, he should get out in 1 or less. He probably was in county jail for a while waiting as well? Hopefully he commits himself to doing all he can to be a value to society and maybe helping himself along the way.

I really have mixed emotions, I will not lie. I want criminals in jail, especially poison slingers. I have zero use for people who deal drugs that kill others. But with that said, and I am not insinuating your grandson is drug offense, I will always have compassion for the family of the other side. It is no more your fault he is in trouble than it is my fault that a drug dealer took my daughters life.

You and I are just collateral damage wrestling with our emotions. Wishing you all the best my friend. I am sure it worries you.....hoping all works out for you.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Dang, I didn't know that existed. A whole month or more of "intake" with no visitation before you even get shipped on to wherever the sentence is being served? Guess I had figured you went from sentencing straight to county for short sentences or on a bus to your prison for longer ones.

That kinda sucks.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    The grandson's experience was eye popping.
    He'd been on house arrest(?) for a year. Court date, plea bargain, things didn't go as planned/expected. He was taken out in cuffs to local jail holding, no visitors, for a few days. Then transferred to another holding center for about 10 days with no visitors, then finally the RDC.
    His lawyer had said plea deal, should be a slap across the face, say 6 months local lockup. Judge and DA thought otherwise.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    That's too bad for your gs's situation, it must suck. I hope this scares him straight so he doesn't repeat in the future.

On the plus side (don't take this the wrong way), it sounds like Terra Haute is doing something right by actually locking up law breakers, something we could use here in Indy. If he lived in Indy, he'd likely be at home or back on the streets right now.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Not Terriblehut, Da Kid and family are over Shelbyville way.

And I disagree with your assessment. If he wasn't a corn-fed white boy, what passes for a "justice system" would have treated him differently. But that is enough of that. Not going down this road any farther. I/we would really just like to be able to visit him.

Thanks for your concern.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Not Terriblehut, Da Kid and family are over Shelbyville way.

And I disagree with your assessment. If he wasn't a corn-fed white boy, what passes for a "justice system" would have treated him differently. But that is enough of that. Not going down this road any farther. I/we would really just like to be able to visit him.

Thanks for your concern.
    Ah, Shelbytucky - ok. You are right though it's not supposed to be that way, justice is (supposed to be) blind and all. Apparently not anymore.

Sorry, had no idea about your/his race, ethnicity, etc.. I was just trying to make a point and probably not a good one.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Ah, Shelbytucky - ok. You are right though it's not supposed to be that way, justice is (supposed to be) blind and all. Apparently not anymore.

Sorry, had no idea about your/his race, ethnicity, etc.. I was just trying to make a point and probably not a good one.
    No worries or problems. You made a comment, I made a comment, both about the system. Nothing personal.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Lawyer, if you have one or if he has one. They can have contact. Might be the only way if you have to get in touch for certain reasons.

I built a Few electronic control systems in most of the state and federal run facilities of this type. I did the RDC. When I was not building these I did schools. So I know the common and testing areas in the RDC.

The RDC is where they decide where to ship out to.
    There are sections for drug/alcohol rehab GED, and they do some basic mental health and health diagnostics tests which can take some time.

Fall/ early winter takes the longest to get them out. You hit thanksgiving and maybe Veterans Day. Those three days don’t count nor do weekends and pretty much Monday mornings and Friday afternoons. If he arrived on Thursday or Friday throw those two days out also.

I would think you should hear something by next week. Normally the long it takes the lower security placement they enter into. This is not a bad thing. The repeat offenders were breezed put like the wind blowing in the yard. Those who remained the longest were normally sent to the lower security placements. Seems clark state forest camp was popular when I was upgrading a system when they were open after original install.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Lawyer, if you have one or if he has one. They can have contact. Might be the only way if you have to get in touch for certain reasons.

I built a Few electronic control systems in most of the state and federal run facilities of this type. I did the RDC. When I was not building these I did schools. So I know the common and testing areas in the RDC.

The RDC is where they decide where to ship out to.
    There are sections for drug/alcohol rehab GED, and they do some basic mental health and health diagnostics tests which can take some time.

Fall/ early winter takes the longest to get them out. You hit thanksgiving and maybe Veterans Day. Those three days don’t count nor do weekends and pretty much Monday mornings and Friday afternoons. If he arrived on Thursday or Friday throw those two days out also.

I would think you should hear something by next week. Normally the long it takes the lower security placement they enter into. This is not a bad thing. The repeat offenders were breezed put like the wind blowing in the yard. Those who remained the longest were normally sent to the lower security placements. Seems clark state forest camp was popular when I was upgrading a system when they were open after original install.
    Thank your for that.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Just in case anyone is interested.....

The RDC page was updated today, and the grandson is now in the STOP facility. Which I hope means the Heritage Trail Correctional Facility in Plainfield.

See about getting in to see him this coming week.

Thanks for listening to an impatient old man.
    Congrats buddy! Hope you get to see him soon.....and he probably feels the same.

Top Bottom