• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    BP pistols are non-guns by the Feds but states have rules on the BP guns. At one time you had to register BP pistols in Michigan if you lived there. You can try Cabela's for BP pistols. Dixie Gun Works will ship, also Midway. Navy Arms, Taylor's, Sportsman's, EMF and a lot of others.

If you want a pair of stainless 2nd gen Colt 1860 Armies dig very dip in the billfold. I think only 1200-1500 were made.

I don't like the large grip of the 1860 Army as well as the grips on the 1851, 1861 Navy .36.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    BP pistols are non-guns by the Feds but states have rules on the BP guns. At one time you had to register BP pistols in Michigan if you lived there. You can try Cabela's for BP pistols. Dixie Gun Works will ship, also Midway. Navy Arms, Taylor's, Sportsman's, EMF and a lot of others.

If you want a pair of stainless 2nd gen Colt 1860 Armies dig very dip in the billfold. I think only 1200-1500 were made.

I don't like the large grip of the 1860 Army as well as the grips on the 1851, 1861 Navy .36.
    Yes not looking for a colt. A clone will be fine. I like the look of the brass uberti.

Mangledman

Plinker
    Feb 11, 2019
    Veedersburg
    I know a young (ish) man who stole a car when he was 18, and has a felony. For whatever reason he hasn't gone to the trouble to get it expunged, but he seems quite happy and does quite well hunting with black powder.
    If that were I, I would go with a scofield model and carry many loaded cylinders. No ballistics on roundball as well

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    If that were I, I would go with a scofield model and carry many loaded cylinders. No ballistics on roundball as well
    I would NOT do that. Po po still frowns on felons carrying a revolver. A single shot, in the woods, obviously a hunting gun. But I wouldn't carry a revolver anywhere, if I were a felon. The young man mentioned upthread doesn't even own a revolver for this reason.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Rendezvous!
    Can you spectate or do you have to participate?

When I was a kid in California. My family went to them all the time.

I was a tomahawk throwing champ at 6.
    Had an "indian name". We were fur traders. Dad was a mountain man. Mom dressed as an indian. It was amazing.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    Brass framed guns will not hold up for long term heavy shoting. My first C&B was brass framed and the frame has stretched and bowed. That is after more rounds than my grandson can count. The steel frame brass trigger guard and back strap works fine. Today Pieta might have just a small edge over the Uberti. I have Colt, Pieta, and Uberti 1851, 1860, and 1861's. This is a bad time to buy as finding caps is hard. You can get good leather from Carrico Leather LLC http://www.carricoleather.com/home/instockspecials.html

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Jan 19, 2009
    Doing the cylinder trick with the 1858 Remington takes some work on the gun and practice. In the BP era the best method for higher firepower was simply to carry a lot of revolvers. Clint always makes it look easy in the movies.;)

Top Bottom