• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Not sure if this should be in the 2A legislation section or not.

There's two guns I want to buy (uberti 1860 army, and henry wildlife 45-70). They have been no where to be be found.
    But last week I held the uberti in my hand in northern Michigan. I didn't think I could buy it since I was not from michigan. But I just learned it doesn't count bc it's black powder gun and I probably could have bought it .

So set me straight. Could I have bought it? If it doesn't count as a firearm and no ffl is needed. If a friend in northern michigan was willing would they legally be able to buy it for me and ship it to my house?

Failing all that,any one where I could find those guns in Indiana? You'd be my best friend if you could point me to them.

GoBoilers!

Marksman
    Sep 2, 2008
    You could have bought it. No FFL needed. Black powder guns can be shipped directly to your home. Do not ask me why, or how they are not considered "fire arms" but that is the way it goes. Therefore you do not need a license to carry one, and it does not matter where they are in your vehicle, or who is driving, etc.

And keep you eye on the for sale ads. here. I traded some ammo for a cap and ball revolver about two weeks ago - from a post on INGO.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I know a young (ish) man who stole a car when he was 18, and has a felony. For whatever reason he hasn't gone to the trouble to get it expunged, but he seems quite happy and does quite well hunting with black powder.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Jan 19, 2009
    Cap and ball stuff is fine and I like it, but remember you can buy Uberti 1860 conversion guns like the originals that shoot cartridges.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Well **** I should have asked the guy at the counter. Our dumb ass gun laws are frustrating.

Maybe I'll get lucky and find one at the 1500 this weekend. It was only $255 in MI
    Seriously $255. That would have been an excellent buy. Cheapest I've seen them for around here is $350 + Governor's fee

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Had a dealer that said he had to do call ins on black powder guns no exceptions i haven't been back there since!!!!!!! this is in midwest indiana, by the way graf and sons just showed yesterday they have several revolvers, single shots and rifles new in stock just received and they will ship to your door in indiana!!!!!!!!!!

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    I know a young (ish) man who stole a car when he was 18, and has a felony. For whatever reason he hasn't gone to the trouble to get it expunged, but he seems quite happy and does quite well hunting with black powder.
    The way I understand it, he can possess it as long as it's unloaded. When it's loaded, he is violating the law by possessing it. I'm not a lawyer though, so I could be wrong.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Ludco in Parker City has plenty. Best place to get real BP is Friendship when they have the Muzzle loader shoots.
    At friendship shoot wasn't there a guy who hand made BP revolvers, single shot pistols and BP rifles? It's been a long time since I've been there. But I kind of remember talking to him about it. Can't remember his name. Maybe you know who I'm talking about.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Well **** I should have asked the guy at the counter. Our dumb ass gun laws are frustrating.

Maybe I'll get lucky and find one at the 1500 this weekend. It was only $255 in MI

Call back and see if he'll ship it to you, never know unless you ask.
    It can be mailed to your door.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    At friendship shoot wasn't there a guy who hand made BP revolvers, single shot pistols and BP rifles? It's been a long time since I've been there. But I kind of remember talking to him about it. Can't remember his name. Maybe you know who I'm talking about.
    Lots of BP custom builders there. The Kentucky/Pennsylvania long rifle is by far the most beautiful rifle ever produced...IMHO.
    Nothing quite so elegant....

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Friendship is the Mecca of BP guns... get a membership so you can get into the grounds, there are deals-a-plenty in the Sheep sheds and Lamb sheds (commercial row) Everything from kits to Handmade guns, and accessories.....Magyars, you are right, they are works of art!!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spencerab23
    Top Bottom