• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • -XL-

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    What's the deal with this place? I read online that the proprietor has an FFL so I went there about a year ago and spoke to him about doing a transfer. (I forget his name, Korean guy...)

He said he'd do it for $15 but when I called back with the information on where I'd like him to fax his FFL to, he gave me some BS about not having his State FFL up to date? WTF does that mean? I ended up going through Diane Penley in Westfield+1

Anyway, this was about a year ago, and I wanted to do another transfer but B&D won't return my phone calls (busy with the AR group buy?) so I went back to Quartermaster.

Again I got the same line about waiting on the State paperwork.

Is this a legitimate requirement or am I getting the brush off because I'm not a LEO?

skydelta34

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have worked with Song at Quartermaster in the past (non leo) probably about 2 yrs ago. He was a good guy to deal with and I recommended him on occasion. However, I got the same story that you did not long ago so I just went back to Dianne at B&D. I have always had good transactions with B&D, it is just not as convenient since they are farther north. I assume you are looking for someone on the northside, I would suggest you look up Michiana on this site, he just got his ffl. Of course, if you want to drive out to airport area, you can work with Karl. I have not worked with Michiana or Karl yet.

-XL-

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    I have worked with Song at Quartermaster in the past (non leo) probably about 2 yrs ago. He was a good guy to deal with and I recommended him on occasion. However, I got the same story that you did not long ago so I just went back to Dianne at B&D. I have always had good transactions with B&D, it is just not as convenient since they are farther north. I assume you are looking for someone on the northside, I would suggest you look up Michiana on this site, he just got his ffl. Of course, if you want to drive out to airport area, you can work with Karl. I have not worked with Michiana or Karl yet.
    Song seemed like a cool guy when I spoke to him, but I won't even bother asking about the ffl again. Maybe if i need a balaclava or a holster I might go back there. I wonder if he'd sell me a kevlar helmet or vest or if I'd get the runaround?

B&D was an interesting experience when I got my lower. She was a sweetheart on the phone and we b.s.d for half an hour about non gun stuff, did the deal in her kitchen while her husband watched TV on the couch and her daughter(?) who couldn't have been more than six or seven buzzed around the front yard on a 4wd ATV. :laugh:

God Bless America :patriot:

Top Bottom