• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    It is an arrogance of those that, most of, do not believe in a higher power than man…

Don't get me wrong, I think we harm our world in numerous ways with pollution and other things, but, I don't believe driving a gas combustion engine car is causing the issues the "experts" say. Plus, "trust the experts" is a phrase I won't be using again any time soon.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Maybe scientists should willing give out their political affiliation and the full list of funding in an attempt to improve their image and dispel the ideas of their bias. When their attitude is to expect me to figure out their level of truth, I prefer to consider them all liars and slaves to their financier. Much easier for me and decreases their credibility.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

mike45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    east central
    Don't get me wrong, I think we harm our world in numerous ways with pollution and other things, but, I don't believe driving a gas combustion engine car is causing the issues the "experts" say. Plus, "trust the experts" is a phrase I won't be using again any time soon.
    Here are just a few of the things the smartest people in the world knew for a fact.
    Don't question the smart people.

Phlogiston a substance supposed by 18th-century chemists to exist in all combustible bodies, and to be released in combustion.

Blood letting was the best medical treatment.

The grand canyon was cut by a small river over millions of years.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Here are just a few of the things the smartest people in the world knew for a fact.
    Don't question the smart people.

Phlogiston a substance supposed by 18th-century chemists to exist in all combustible bodies, and to be released in combustion.

Blood letting was the best medical treatment.

The grand canyon was cut by a small river over millions of years.

Don't forget the brainiac "experts" who told us that 20 somethings and children needed to be vaccinated against COVID and that wearing cloth masks would help prevent the spread of an airborne virus.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It is interesting to me the arrogance of the young. They have no experience to learn what lies and evil man is capable of yet they scoff openly at those who do have that experience.

Message to the young, we old thought we knew something when we were young too…

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    It is interesting to me the arrogance of the young. They have no experience to learn what lies and evil man is capable of yet they scoff openly at those who do have that experience.

Message to the young, we old thought we knew something when we were young too…
    The stupidity of the young increases the likelihood that they will not have the mental intellect to swindle my life savings from me in my elderly years. I see no reason to change their future learning opportunities. I’ll still consider hiring them to mow my yard in the summer and shovel my drive in the winter. I probably won’t meet the $15/hour they will demand…

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...I’ll still consider hiring them to mow my yard in the summer and shovel my drive in the winter. I probably won’t meet the $15/hour they will demand…

Good luck with that! :)

Folks around here can't find "kids" to work at all. Adult odd job/handymen/yard/grunt workers cannot be found for under $15, likely closer to twenty (cash.)

You can thank a couple years of money for nuttin' from the government, killing off what was left of cheap labor. That and social media networking would be workers to "not settle" for anything less than high pay and low work.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Good luck with that! :)

Folks around here can't find "kids" to work at all. Adult odd job/handymen/yard/grunt workers cannot be found for under $15, likely closer to twenty (cash.)

You can thank a couple years of money for nuttin' from the government, killing off what was left of cheap labor. That and social media networking would be workers to "not settle" for anything less than high pay and low work.

Some years ago I decided to hire the son of some friends, at the parents suggestion, to mow my grass. Then in the summer his mom would call and say it is too hot for him to be out. Then a different friend hired a neighborhood boy to cut their grass, his mom did it 3/4 of the times…

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    As with most topics political, the left's view may well be grounded in fact/science. Had they not already cried wolf 10 times (like they always do), sensationalizing as much as possible (like they always do) then moving the goal posts when their claims don't pan out (like they always do), they may have actually had some luck convincing people who don't lick windows for pleasure. I don't see the leftiest of lefties Obama buying multi million dollar properties on islands if he believed they were gonna be under water soon as is claimed by many. He may be a lot of things but stupid ain't one of em, he didn't sell his soul to the devil just to squander what he made.

The climate is changing, no doubt. It always has, sometimes faster and sometimes slower than it currently is. We may be able to slow it but it would be nice to see some unbiased research to prove it so those of us who have long since written off the left and anything they have to say might be willing to work towards improving where we can. Until that day, whatever influence humans beings are having on the climate isn't going to change course.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    As with most topics political, the left's view may well be grounded in fact/science. Had they not already cried wolf 10 times (like they always do), sensationalizing as much as possible (like they always do) then moving the goal posts when their claims don't pan out (like they always do), they may have actually had some luck convincing people who don't lick windows for pleasure. I don't see the leftiest of lefties Obama buying multi million dollar properties on islands if he believed they were gonna be under water soon as is claimed by many. He may be a lot of things but stupid ain't one of em, he didn't sell his soul to the devil just to squander what he made.

The climate is changing, no doubt. It always has, sometimes faster and sometimes slower than it currently is. We may be able to slow it but it would be nice to see some unbiased research to prove it so those of us who have long since written off the left and anything they have to say might be willing to work towards improving where we can. Until that day, whatever influence humans beings are having on the climate isn't going to change course.
    The science is sunspot cycles, the rest is BS…

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Some years ago I decided to hire the son of some friends, at the parents suggestion, to mow my grass. Then in the summer his mom would call and say it is too hot for him to be out. Then a different friend hired a neighborhood boy to cut their grass, his mom did it 3/4 of the times…

Parents need to let their kids fail.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That is oversimplifying things just as much as the claim it is all man made. Man has learned a lot. I am betting there is still a lot to learn about how the planetary climate works though.
    Sure there is more to learn but sun spot science is a mature science…

Top Bottom