Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Georgia
    Michigan
    TCU
    OSU

GA V OSU
    M V TCU

Unlikely, but could you imagine THE GAME?
    Hard to beat someone twice if you can get there.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Alabama is lobbying hard to get in. I could see TCU dropping, but they’re still one loss. Nick Sabin is whining about his two losses not meaning anything. I don see any realistic justification for OSU or TCU not staying in the playoffs.

I think GA and Michigan obviously stay #1 and #2. OSU #3. TCU #4. If that’s the final ranking, GA plays TCU and Michigan plays OSU. I think OSU is better than TCU. But who kniws how they’ll rank. But no way should bamma be in it at this point.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Alabama is lobbying hard to get in. I could see TCU dropping, but they’re still one loss. Nick Sabin is whining about his two losses not meaning anything. I don see any realistic justification for OSU or TCU not staying in the playoffs.

I think GA and Michigan obviously stay #1 and #2. OSU #3. TCU #4. If that’s the final ranking, GA plays TCU and Michigan plays OSU. I think OSU is better than TCU. But who kniws how they’ll rank. But no way should bamma be in it at this point.
    Probably right, but it sucks for a team to rise to the occasion and soundly beat their bitter rival, only to have to play them again to get to the National championship. No one else in the country has to do that.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Probably right, but it sucks for a team to rise to the occasion and soundly beat their bitter rival, only to have to play them again to get to the National championship. No one else in the country has to do that.
    Definitely. If they're gonna bring back ohio state I think they should be in at #4. That way it's Georgia vs Ohio State and Michigan vs TCU.

I believe the committee will set it up this way as to avoid as best they can a replay of the Michigan/Ohio State game

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte

Saw that interview. Sabin is a good coach, but 0 morals. Can’t stand the guy. His 2 losses mean he can sit the playoffs this year. Probably whining because of some clause in his contract and he’s losing big bucks.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Did you guys know that a top way of predicting wins (not spreads) is simply looking at the number of 5 star recruits on the teams? Remarkably accurate.

Georgia has 16, Ohio State 14, Michigan 2, TCU has 0, as best I can see.

I used to go to a site that had all the major teams listed with the number of five and four star recruits each had.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I was asking the Michigan fans how winning the Big Game then losing the Championship to OSU would feel...
    It sucks that it works this way, but if Michigan lost to OS it they would not even be in the conversation to get in with two losses.

I am excited for the new playoff in 2024 with 12 teams. Late December will be a cool time for football. The run to the playoffs in the NFL and the college playoffs.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Definitely. If they're gonna bring back ohio state I think they should be in at #4. That way it's Georgia vs Ohio State and Michigan vs TCU.

I believe the committee will set it up this way as to avoid as best they can a replay of the Michigan/Ohio State game
    Idunno. I was talking about a true ranking, not setting up a ranking to optimize the outcome you want. I don’t want UM to play OSU again. They already beat them. I’d rather play TCU first to remove any doubt. But I honestly believe UM is better than OSU and I think OSU is better than TCU. And GA is better than all of them.

Top Bottom