• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Normally crows are a lot more skittish that the pair that were hanging out in one of my backyard trees a bit ago. They were making a lot of noise and watched me as I walked into the house. Laughing at me?

They were still laughing as I stepped out the door and used the storm door to stabilize my hold on the Mrod. One of them isn't laughing anymore...;)

I was down to 2200ish PSI, so had to go to work. 50 squats later, back up to the redline of 3000 PSI.

Last edited:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You do recognize who I posted, don'tcha? Husband named Fred. He wasn't pleased when he read you were pumping Ethel. :)

c98739a46d49dbc7a9e1ae096847f08c.jpg

Last edited:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    How many pumps would it take to fill the scuba tank?
    LOL. an 80 cubic foot tank would take more life than I have in me,maybe longer than the pump would last. Having a tank filled by compressor in a specialty shop gives a whole lot of easier shooting. I had a fireman fill one on the down low because there are not a lot of scuba shops in Dallas. I am told some paintball places will fill a tank, but I never needed to check it out.

On the other side, maybe if I used a hand pump, I would not have needed a longer belt and bigger pants...

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...On the other side, maybe if I used a hand pump, I would not have needed a longer belt and bigger pants...

That's part of my motivation, the other part is self sufficiency.

I went into the PCP thing knowing that I'd be either throwing crazy money at accessories or pumping. Hell, the pumps that will get to 3000psi+ aren't cheap themselves. I was very lucky and bought a pristine used PCP package, from INGO classifieds, that included the pump.

I was also lucky to chat with a fellow INGOer some years back about his PCP. He was a bean pole shaped feller that talked about not having enough weight to push his pump to fill the PCP gun to max.

There is enough lard in my ass to get it done. It's not like pumping up a basketball or bicycle tire though. I credit the gent above for opening my eyes to the chore pumping is. I actually don't hate the pump. It's a needed workout. We should all do more squats. ;)

Tryin'

Victimized
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I made a setup for charging soda last summer with a 20 gallon tank. The tank was $100 high pressure hoses were $30 gauge was $30 and assorted fittings were another 30-40 $.

Sometimes you can catch tanks on Facebook market place or Craig’s list really cheap like $20-$40 range. As far as having paintball outfits filling tanks = outrageous $.

Go to Indiana gas in marion or Weldstar in Logansport and its a tank swap deal. If you or a buddy have a mig welder you can also transfer from that tank just need the adapter. View attachment 171904
    View attachment 171905
    View attachment 171906
    PCPs used compressed air, not CO2. At crazy high pressures. CO2 runs about 850-870 PSIG, not anywhere close to the 2800-3100 that most PCP guns utilize.

Jsomerset

Sharpshooter
    Jan 31, 2016
    Somerset
    PCPs used compressed air, not CO2. At crazy high pressures. CO2 runs about 850-870 PSIG, not anywhere close to the 2800-3100 that most PCP guns utilize.
    Sorry I was told by a tank delivery guy that co2 tanks had a never exceed pressure of 3000psi. I’ll remove the bogus information.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Sorry I was told by a tank delivery guy that co2 tanks had a never exceed pressure of 3000psi. I’ll remove the bogus information.
    Not a problem, sir. The tank shown is likely a tank with a service pressure of 2065 or 2265 PSIG, but the valve may have a burst disc rated at significantly less than that because of the CO2 service. There will be a stamped area on the shoulder with the DOT info for the tank, but that will not necessarily include the valve.

I used to run a fill plant for several varieties of packaged gases. There are some combos you can get away with and some you can't. And unless you know what you are doing, the difference between getting away with it and not can be two digits of a part number with the consequences being two of YOUR digits.

Top Bottom