• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Seems we've picked up a few keyboard commandos recently.. If it doesn't say G++++, S&W or Springfield they "know" it's unreliable, cheap junk.. I'll say it again, IMHO the Dagger is extremely reliable( on par with a G++++) and the best value in a striker fired pistol on the market. Maybe we can get doddg to road test a dagger and the P17 to get some real downrange info on them. :draw:
    Looked up this post on my .22LR thread:

Had fun trying out a Kel-Tec P17 that Zachcz bought new.
    140 rounds with no issues.
    WEIGHT = less than 14 ozs.
    MAGAZINE =16 rds (x3)
    LENGTH= 6.7″
    BARREL LENGTH = 3.8″
    HEIGHT = 5.3″
    WIDTH = 1.2″
    TRIGGER PULL = 3lbs
    Sights = fiber optic front sight & adjustable rear sight

I hate the magazines since they don't have a "plunger" to assist pushing the spring down for the next round.
    After a couple of mags killing my thumb, I limited my loading to loading only 10 rounds, haha!

Maybe with a different ammo I could get 5/5 rds. into my 1.75" circles??
    But, the Federal AutoMatch traditionally does a fine job for me.
    1670525373491.png Range 10.28.2022 Zack 2nd range New on 2x3 in badge.jpg Range 10.28.2022 Zack 2nd range New on 3.75 in circle.jpg Range 10.28.2022 Zack 2nd range New on 7 grps 2.5 in.jpg Range 10.28.2022 Zack 2nd range New on 7 two in grps.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    He’s shot both some. Hasn’t shot my new dagger yet. I’ll have to text him and let him know his services are needed.
    8 pm on Wednesday evening I tested positive for Covid.
    That was a surprise!
    Temp has been between 101-102 with sore throat & "wozziness" when I get up & some real muscle pain, but I can't complain.
    Hopefully in 3-5 days it will be gone.
    The wife & I spent the whole day together on Tuesday running errands, so I assume she'll have to take her turn with it: bummer!

All that to say, there won't be any range days for a week or 2 or whatever.

FNparabellum

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Aug 30, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Palmetto State Armory showed off its own PS9 Dagger. It's a $300 G19 size/copy.

Palmetto State Armory PS9 Dagger: $300 Glock Killer [UPDATED]

PSA-Glock-Compatible-Pistol.jpg

Should be interesting.
    Ive shot one and its pretty good and affordable

WillH

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2022
    Fort Wayne
    I think a big part of what makes Glock Glock is its reputation for reliability. The PS9 is going to need a fair amount of time on the market for it to build a comparable reputation, and even then the superstitious will still say "it's not a Glock." Definitely an interesting addition to the market

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Maybe I missed it ... Why does nobody say Glock?

I assume it's some sort of joke that I'm not in on having not been an active member for the last several years.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I ran 250rds through my Dagger so far. It had a few hiccups (failure to feed) the first few magazines, but has been flawless since. I used Glock 19rd magazines only so far.
    I shot 124gr RN Hoosier Bullets, 124gr RMR HP, 147gr Summit City Bullets RN.
    I have Magpul, and ETS magazines I want to try out as well.
    Glock 19x magazines are good to go.
    Next range trip will be Magpul magazines.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    I ran 250rds through my Dagger so far. It had a few hiccups (failure to feed) the first few magazines, but has been flawless since. I used Glock 19rd magazines only so far.
    I shot 124gr RN Hoosier Bullets, 124gr RMR HP, 147gr Summit City Bullets RN.
    I have Magpul, and ETS magazines I want to try out as well.
    Glock 19x magazines are good to go.
    Next range trip will be Magpul magazines.
    Only issue I've had with either of mine was using a Magpul 27 round mag I picked up just for range use.. Nearly always catches the empty between the slide and barrel on the last round. With Glock mags, flawless.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Only issue I've had with either of mine was using a Magpul 27 round mag I picked up just for range use.. Nearly always catches the empty between the slide and barrel on the last round. With Glock mags, flawless.
    I had quite a bit of metal shaving after I took it apart after shooting it. A few places wore in. I'm thinking it must have been a little rough, but not enough to completely stop it from functioning.
    I think I took some pictures. If I did I'll post them.
    Like I said after the first 2 magazines it ran flawlessly.
    It was only 2 failures to feed total. After that it just ran well with the 3 different types of bullets I used.
    I'm going to run some 124gr XTP next range trip to add to the list as well. Along with a lot more 147gr RN.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Not for me but my son is asking me where to buy a Glock 19. I want to suggest he look at the Dagger but there seems to be so many models.

Can one of you give me an idea of which one he should get?

He knows how to shoot a little but I don't see him getting into competitions or spending weekends at the range. He has a 3 year old, a 4 week old and a demanding position in the USSF.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Honestly they are priced very similarly when some of more expensive models are on sale thst I would just go with what one he finds most visually appeasing

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Not for me but my son is asking me where to buy a Glock 19. I want to suggest he look at the Dagger but there seems to be so many models.

Can one of you give me an idea of which one he should get?

He knows how to shoot a little but I don't see him getting into competitions or spending weekends at the range. He has a 3 year old, a 4 week old and a demanding position in the USSF.
    If he wants a G19 like pistol here is a nice deal.

1673633076669.png

1673633222641.png

Last edited:
    Top Bottom