• ...and so much more!
  • zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Im trying to decide if I wanna let go of complete pistol or just the slide and keep The compact frame in case I want to carry with the slightly smaller frame.

Not sure what makes more sense. One upper with two frames or just two complete guns or just keep the one I like the best a deal with it. If I’m worried about carrying smaller I have other options.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    For a leather holster for the Dagger with threaded barrel should I go with a G17 leather holster?
    Thinking about adding a muzzle brake on something like this.

Or something simple like this

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I know I'm playing the devil's advocate to a point, but I'm not following what some of you are doing. It sounds like you are buying a decent pistol at a bargain price and then ordering slides, barrels and frames to modify it.

By the time you are done, would you be further ahead buying a Glock?

It would seem the overriding purpose of the Dagger is to buy a budget minded "Glock" clone. But by the time you guys are done, no telling how much money you will have wrapped up in one.

Not that I have any issues with that, just trying to understand the motivation and end goal. I'm getting ready to spend almost $1K on a target .22 pistol/red dot set up so I'm used to stuff like this. :ugh:

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I haven’t spent much on either of mine but no real extras. The dagger feels better than a Glock to me and seems to be the opinion of anyone that’s held one. I’ve been trying to keep them cheap for sure but some people have added a ton for sure. I’m at about 450 in one with American flag slide and nicer night sights. In the one I just ordered I’ll be in at 400 for a better feeling and looking 19x. Not decades of proven reliability but it’s basically a one to one copy of internals so I’m assuming it will be good to go. This will be my third thst I pick up tomorrow and have not had a problem out of any of them.

I have same argument when people buy Glocks and add a bunch of aftermarket stuff to make it try to compete with something more expensive. IMO a 500 gun with 500 in upgrades is still a 500 gun.

For me the dagger was a cheap way to get back Into polymer at range. No matter how much money I throw at it or a Glock it’s never gonna be as nice of a shooter as a CZ so I’m just trying to be cheap with upgrades to get it to look like I want.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I know I'm playing the devil's advocate to a point, but I'm not following what some of you are doing. It sounds like you are buying a decent pistol at a bargain price and then ordering slides, barrels and frames to modify it.

By the time you are done, would you be further ahead buying a Glock?

It would seem the overriding purpose of the Dagger is to buy a budget minded "Glock" clone. But by the time you guys are done, no telling how much money you will have wrapped up in one.

Not that I have any issues with that, just trying to understand the motivation and end goal. I'm getting ready to spend almost $1K on a target .22 pistol/red dot set up so I'm used to stuff like this. :ugh:
    One word explains all of it.

lego.jpg

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Got the out for delivery notification for mine. Hopefully it gets to bobcat and processed early enough I can pick up in my afternoon break or immediately after work. Not exactly sure why but kinda excited about this one today

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have zero optics on any of my existing handguns so I am a bit unfamiliar with them. Pushing 50 the eyes are starting to change a bit. In order to put a optic on a Dagger I need one labeled RMR slide. . . correct?

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I have zero optics on any of my existing handguns so I am a bit unfamiliar with them. Pushing 50 the eyes are starting to change a bit. In order to put an optic on a Dagger I need one labeled RMR slide. . . correct?
    Rmr one will fit certain optics and doctor cut will fit others. Rmr seems to be most popular.

Jeffforpresident

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Nov 12, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Has anybody heard anymore about their 43x dagger? I know it got released at shot show this year, so just judging by when the dagger actually started showing up in stores, shouldn’t it be showing up soon?

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Has anybody heard anymore about their 43x dagger? I know it got released at shot show this year, so just judging by when the dagger actually started showing up in stores, shouldn’t it be showing up soon?
    Haven’t heard much more about it but patiently waiting to pick one up. I’ve been completely happier with the daggers.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I think that the delay is in the testing of the magazines. Take this for what it's worth, this was posted on Reddit about a month ago:

"PSA founder and owner/CEO of JJE Capital Holdings, LLC (PSA's parent company) Jamin McCallum just said that 50 Micro Dagger™ 15-round polymer G43X/G48 magazines are "going through an extensive function and durability regiment. If they pass the mag will go into production."

The mags are rumored to work fine with the stock G43x/48 mag release, since they are a polymer design. If the mags work, they will sell like hotcakes.

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    I have been following this thread for a while. Finally pulled the trigger. Haven't been to the range yet. I find the magazine release is really hard to depress - seems a lot of people are having this problem. I have been dropping, reinserting the magazine and dropping it, over and over the past day or so. Has really improved but still has a way to go. Anyway.....
    IMG_3542.jpeg

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have been following this thread for a while. Finally pulled the trigger. Haven't been to the range yet. I find the magazine release is really hard to depress - seems a lot of people are having this problem. I have been dropping, reinserting the magazine and dropping it, over and over the past day or so. Has really improved but still has a way to go. Anyway.....
    View attachment 234833
    Mag release looks a little funky. The orientation is perpendicular to most releases. Hopefully you will get used to it. Or maybe you can get an extended one or a weaker spring.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    View attachment 234833
    Yep I have no problem pushing it but it was a surprise when hitting it. So I decided to give it a 100 push test, and it's still pretty stiff. I figure it will wear in with use. Also dry fired it about 100x so far. It feels great in my hand. I figure the trigger will get better I'd say around 1000 pulls. It isn't bad now but it definitely is a new trigger. I got the G45 version.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    View attachment 234833
    I went by Parabellum a couple of days ago and they had a few more Daggers in but they didn't have a green one so I'm assuming you ordered direct.. 50 rounds through my new gray full size today and I'm considering transitioning to a Dagger for EDC and liquidating a couple of Glocks.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Yep I have no problem pushing it but it was a surprise when hitting it. So I decided to give it a 100 push test, and it's still pretty stiff. I figure it will wear in with use. Also dry fired it about 100x so far. It feels great in my hand. I figure the trigger will get better I'd say around 1000 pulls. It isn't bad now but it definitely is a new trigger. I got the G45 version.
    I haven't figured out why the mag release is difficult.. I put an extended Glock mag release in mine and it helped.. Rockyourglock store has some reduced power mag catch springs.. I'm going to order a couple of those and see if it helps.
    Get it apart and lube it. If I have a complaint about PSA it's that they ship the guns very dry.. Lube the connector and the RSA, that will help smooth things out.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I put an extended Glock mag release in mine and it helped.
    Gen 3 style extended Glock mag releases on a defensive pistol are a bad idea. Makes the pistol a lot more prone to unintended mag releases while handling in a defensive encounter.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Gen 3 style extended Glock mag releases on a defensive pistol are a bad idea. Makes the pistol a lot more prone to unintended mag releases while handling in a defensive encounter.
    I did see several videos of policeman in shooting dropping their magazines
    One in I believe Houston dropped his 3 or more times, he had a red dot and he may have had an extended release as well. It was not a good thing in that situation. He reloaded pretty good but he kept dropping them. He ended up picking up a magazine or two he had dropped earlier to finish the fight. Good thing he had backup.

Top Bottom