Prosecutor Says Colion Noir Should Be In Prison?! (You Decide)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

I'll give you the same advice I give my family. If you are involved in a self defense shooting, give responding officers a "public safety" statement. Essentially, "This person was trying (add in applicable felony), I was in fear for my life (or the life of a 3rd party), and I had to protect myself." Let them know if there are other suspects outstanding. However, don't get into the details. You want to set the basic scene for responding officers, so they can start their investigation. However, a detailed (official, recorded) statement should involve a lawyer.....PERIOD!!! Follow your lawyers advise. It's the same advise I give my officers as well. It's just smart.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    LOL… My first thought when reading the title of the thread was ”What the…?”. I’ve seen this video before. I don’t know where this prosecutor is from but would his take ever happen anywhere in Indiana?

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    LOL… My first thought when reading the title of the thread was ”What the…?”. I’ve seen this video before. I don’t know where this prosecutor is from but would his take ever happen anywhere in Indiana?
    I wouldn't say it would not happen, just look at the Rittenhouse nonsense, but in Indiana you don't have a duty to retreat and you can protect a third party.

I believe Colion is from Texas, but I don't know where this was supposed to take place

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I wouldn't say it would not happen, just look at the Rittenhouse nonsense, but in Indiana you don't have a duty to retreat and you can protect a third party.

I believe Colion is from Texas, but I don't know where this was supposed to take place
    So ANY legal insight should be taken with a grain of salt if it's not specific to existing State laws where you live. That is the downside of these YouTube videos. They might be entertaining but they could be perpetuating bad legal advise.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    These scenarios are like law school exams. You are asked to assume a bunch of stuff is true and then analyze as though there is no conflicting evidence.

Life isn't like that. With that many people, every witness will have seen something different. If you are lucky, they only contradict each other 60% of the time. You can and should train and gather information, but I'm afraid too many people view these contrived scenarios looking for the "right" answer so they can have a personal card catalog of "if this is what happens, then I do that" as if any of this is in a textbook somewhere. The best thing you can do is try to train the panic out so that you can make decisions instead of simply have reactions.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I'll give you the same advice I give my family. If you are involved in a self defense shooting, give responding officers a "public safety" statement. Essentially, "This person was trying (add in applicable felony), I was in fear for my life (or the life of a 3rd party), and I had to protect myself." Let them know if there are other suspects outstanding. However, don't get into the details. You want to set the basic scene for responding officers, so they can start their investigation. However, a detailed (official, recorded) statement should involve a lawyer.....PERIOD!!! Follow your lawyers advise. It's the same advise I give my officers as well. It's just smart.
    This is essentially what John Farnam (and other cops I’ve talked to) teaches in his classes, along with pointing out any evidence helpful To you, like “he dropped his gun in those bushes can as he ran away.”

James Duane is really interesting and convincing, but handled (or knows of) cases people who said too much or nothing at all to the police and got busted and maybe convicted. Particular to self-defense, he didn’t cover any cases where someone did talk to the police and was not charged. This is the part that Denny and other cops know and Duane doesn’t (or at least didn’t acknowledge). It would be interesting to have a study that includes that group.

Of course, if you haven’t practiced a little to be able to use Denny’s advice, you’re probably better just to shut up until you talk to your lawyer. I was once in a close-knit training group, had several police officers, and one day they arranged a mock self-defense scenario where the cops quizzed us afterward as if they were investigating. Everybody knows it’s role-playing, and what the answer supposed to be, but it was interesting, how much my internal tension went up at being questioned even though it wasn’t “real “.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    In other words state the foregoing basics and then shut the $$LL up and ask for an attorney and then shut up again! No matter how the police may cajole you, shut up. The more you talk the more you are screwed. Shut up, that is what the 5th Amendment is all about.
    Did I say SHUT UP? Period! :horse:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    How 'bout we just train to NOT lose track of how many shots we throw at a fleeing "threat?" Are they still a threat while fleeing?

The shot in the back is the whole problem, right? Could likely be the whole difference in whether you are charged with anything or not, correct?

jlw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2018
    Georgia
    How 'bout we just train to NOT lose track of how many shots we throw at a fleeing "threat?" Are they still a threat while fleeing?

The shot in the back is the whole problem, right? Could likely be the whole difference in whether you are charged with anything or not, correct?

Getting the number of shots wrong in an actual incident is incredibly common. High end “operator” types get it wrong.

Don’t answer that question. Don’t guess at an answer.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Getting the number of shots wrong in an actual incident is incredibly common. High end “operator” types get it wrong.

Don’t answer that question. Don’t guess at an answer.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is not as much the number of shots vs programming in to stop shooting when the attacker flees?

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I guess what I'm trying to get at is not as much the number of shots vs programming in to stop shooting when the attacker flees?

The time it takes to recognize changes and then react takes time and results in people getting shot in the back. Stop going with the gun grabber nonsense of "he was shot in the back" bs.

Instead normalize and educate people that if you do dumb **** and put people in danger there is a solid chance you're going to catch some lead, front, back, side, bottom, top doesn't matter. Stop blaming people that are not the problem, put the responsibility where it belongs.

Last edited:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    For those of us who just don't want to sit through another BS Utube vid, did Colion Noir shoot somebody?

Top Bottom