• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    And this is one reason why escrows should not be allowed. "Only increased" $45 a month is a $540 increase. Same problem with property taxes. Mine went up virtually the same as your insurance, $500 per year but since I don't escrow my tax or insurance I notice the increase to only $4000 a year from $3500 last year.

If people were forced to pay their property tax once or twice a year directly to the county there would be a major rebellion to roll back the rent we pay on our homes. The same with insurance. If it went up "only" $540 a year, it has to be close to $2000 a year, which when escrowed in disappears.

If escrow accounts were done away with, and people were forced to save up to pay the full insurance or tax there would be a loud call for change. Fortunately most insurance companies allow partial payments, with a fee.

Insurance is different than property tax. I have had hail and storm damage to my house twice which made it nice that I had a good insurance policy which I do pay for. Taxes on the other hand are outrageous. Why should someone 70 or older pay taxes for schools that they will never again use? Why did my 90 year old mother have to pay property taxes for schools she never used. I can see some for police, fire and even the library but that is all.
    No mortgage means we see those bills each year. We pay close attention to it

Top Bottom