• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    Ok, thought I'd show the diff between 17 rd. & 15 rd.

This is the 15 rd. ProMag with the sleeve I got off of Etsy:
    15 rd..jpg

And here is the CZ 17 rd. mag with sleeve:
    17 rd..jpg

As you can see, the sleeves aren't a perfect fit, but, for the price, I'm cool with them. Now, as for the ProMags? They are VERY gritty and cheap sounding/feeling. The CZ is very smooth and quiet. That's just from pushing in on them with my thumb. Now, if the ProMags perform flawlessly at the range, why not recommended them? I will try to make it to the range tomorrow.

p.s. I think I might carry the 17 + 1 mag. I carry OTW with a button down shirt draped over it. So, grip size isn't as important as barrel length. (Don't want the barrel poking out when I bend over to pick anything up).

Last edited:

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    I remember about 25 years ago at the 1500 seeing a sign that said something like "Promags, $2 each. They may not work, but they sure are cheap!". We used to use them for stoppage drills.

I don't personally use them, but from my understanding, they have improved a lot over the years.

From the feedback I've gotten from the various Pro mags I sell, most of the box mags work pretty well. Their drum mags tend to be a little less reliable (this is true with drum mags in general as well), but I still have many customers that love them.

When people ask, I tell them what a couple others on this thread have said. They are fine for the range, but I would NEVER trust my life to them. The only "aftermarket" mags I use are Mec-Gar. I don't really consider them to be aftermarket.

D K

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    Sad to say that I'm here to join the support group.

Shot 2 loads through a new 13rd Promag today, two malfunctions in the first 13 rds, 2 jams in the second 13 rds.

The last round shot ejected, and the slide racked forward on an empty chamber. Ejecting the mag showed that the follower flipped sideways.

Emailed Promag today to see what they'll do, but if they send a replacement, it's definitely going to be getting a coat of orange and only used at the range.

Anyone selling OEM Glock 21 mags? My 2 Glock mags fed flawlessly.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis

Shot 2 loads through a new 13rd Promag today, two malfunctions in the first 13 rds, 2 jams in the second 13 rds.

The last round shot ejected, and the slide racked forward on an empty chamber. Ejecting the mag showed that the follower flipped sideways.

Emailed Promag today to see what they'll do, but if they send a replacement, it's definitely going to be getting a coat of orange and only used at the range.

Shocking... positively shocking

goldfinger-connery.gif

Go here please. https://aimsurplus.com/products/glock-model-21-45-auto-13rd-magazine-factory-new

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Stay away from Promag. I'd contact promag and send them back and have them warranty them until you get some that work or they give your money back. They need to be forced to provide a decent magazine and until people push them by forcing them to do so they won't.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I bought a 17 M&P pro-mag, when I got my 9c, I have shot alot of rounds out of it, and no problems, that being said, I had heard horror stories about Pro-mags, and mine has been very good, have done several mag dumps with it, and it works...YMMV

SmokingTrigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2023
    Hancock County
    A magazine that malfunctions constantly in my possession gets destroyed and tossed in the trash. I won't take the chance of someone grabbing that magazine and trying to use it for self defense.

Just a few weeks ago I took a hammer to a wilson combat magazine that wouldn't feed. I bought pro mags 1 time over 10 years ago and will never buy another.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    The only manufacturer making mags for the two smiths was pro mag. They seem to function fine with the limited range time I’ve had with them. Cycle and load well. I did have to clean them because they felt dirty and gritty.

As with most things, ymmv

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I have pro mags for the Ruger SR series that work great. I use them for steel challenge matches with no problems. My only issue with them was they had so much "preservative" on them I had to thoroughly clean them before use.

5Five6

ProMags have something for just about everything I think and so far I've been impressed with their quality and function

5Five6

I've always went that route when others weren't available. Prices are better for sure and quality as well as function hasn't been an issue yet

Top Bottom