• tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    Remove the +2 for a original end.

Let us know how the Pro Mags work.
    I bought some 30 years ago and never bought another one. Yes it was that bad.
    Hmmm, after further investigation, I believe you are right. The mags will be for an S not a C, BTW. I have already purchased the sleeves. I could just use the plates from my S mags, just for starters. If I like (this is just an experiment) then order some more plates. The Pro Mags are on the way. Will check them out, see what I think. Even if I like them, I still may order some OEMs.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Hmmm, after further investigation, I believe you are right. The mags will be for an S not a C, BTW. I have already purchased the sleeves. I could just use the plates from my S mags, just for starters. If I like (this is just an experiment) then order some more plates. The Pro Mags are on the way. Will check them out, see what I think. Even if I like them, I still may order some OEMs.
    Has Pro Mag gotten better I mean it was 30 years ago. Maybe they have improved. I made the mistake of buying a 30rd Ruger Mini 14 magazine of their brand. They were horrible.
    I also bought a 15rd Beretta 92FS magazine it was also horrible.
    I know companies can improve like Taurus has definitely improved over the last 30 years.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    P10s OEM: https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/magazines/cz-p-series-magazines/cz-p10s-p10-12-rnd-mag.html

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    The magazine controls the feed process of your firearm, which is where the vast majority of non-user-induced malfunctions occurr. Life is too short to go cheap on mags, and ProMags are truly junk, both by reputation and personal experience. Hold one side by side with an OEM mag and you can outright feel the difference.

If you want to save money, some OEMs will sell the same mags that they provide to the name brand companies for a reduced price without the branding. Mec-Gar is a good example of this...they make mags for Sig, CZ, and a few other companies. MDS used to do the same for Beretta, but I'm not sure if thats still the case. This is the only way I'd cut corners on magazines, because it's the exact same magazine, just missing some branding.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I have one Pro Mag for a S&W 4506 or S&W 645 bought eight or ten years ago. Got it to use as a "Barney Mag" when shooting IDPA with either of the mentioned guns, it is black in color and all my other mags are silver. That makes it easy to see the difference since I also use it for "pull trigger" command and those guns have the mag disconnect.
    That said I use it only for the range and have shot it many times with no problems. What I heard in the past is they had quality control lapses and bad mags were not caught at the factory. Makes sense to me because most comments I have heard is they are fine or junk from the start. Jim.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I have a couple promags from before I knew better. They're reliable... I trust them to fail 100% of the time if loaded with more than 12 rounds (of 18).

It's worth the wait for mec-gar.

They look great, but, won't know for sure til I see how they fit. I think someone just made them on their 3D printer.
    You'd be correct. And what's the matter with that, LOL? I designed and printed my own grip spacers for full-size mags in my CZ75 P-01.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    When I bought my M&P 9c, I wanted a second mag, and at the time couldn't find a OEM S&W mag, nor a Magpul (always the go to IMO) found a Pro Mag at Rural King, and bought same, I have to say it has been reliable, and I do carry it as second mag, I'm thinking their earlier reputation caused some improvements, but not sure....YMMV

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    So, got back in town, noticed an email from Palmetto State Armory stating that the CZ P-10 15 rd. mags are back in stock (email arrived 2 hrs. before I opened it). Immediately went to their site to place an order; already out of stock again. lol That's how quick you have to be.

Top Bottom