• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    What are your thoughts on Pro Mags? I cannot find ANY OEM mags for my pistol so I thought I would try some Pro Mags. The price sure is right.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I've used Pro Mags and most were fine. The last few I bought were covered in some kind of preservative and I had to take them apart and clean them.

Check Greg Cote's site, he sells MecGar mags for many guns. He won't spam you if you put in a request for out of stock notifications.

Some guns the oem mags are only run periodically. I bought a S&W 422 and put in out is stick notification requests at about a half dozen sites. I got in stock notices from all of them at almost the same time, so you may have to be patient to get OEM mags

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    I've used Pro Mags and most were fine. The last few I bought were covered in some kind of preservative and I had to take them apart and clean them.

Check Greg Cote's site, he sells MecGar mags for many guns. He won't spam you if you put in a request for out of stock notifications.

Some guns the oem mags are only run periodically. I bought a S&W 422 and put in out is stick notification requests at about a half dozen sites. I got in stock notices from all of them at almost the same time, so you may have to be patient to get OEM mags
    Yeah, that's what I did. CZ P-10 C 15 rd. OEM mags are impossible to find at the moment.

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    What pistols?
    I have several pro mags for different guns and they have been great.
    Ok thanks. Looking for CZ P-10 C 15 rd. mags. OEMs are impossible to find. Put in email notifications when back in stock at several places. Went ahead and ordered 2 of the Pro Mags for now. Can't beat the price. That's what I was worried about. At half the price, wondered if they are GTG.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Ok thanks. Looking for CZ P-10 C 15 rd. mags. OEMs are impossible to find. Put in email notifications when back in stock at several places. Went ahead and ordered 2 of the Pro Mags for now. Can't beat the price. That's what I was worried about. At half the price, wondered if they are GTG.
    Put in a notice request here:

Very good place to do business with.

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    Put in a notice request here:

Very good place to do business with.
    Just did. Thanks for the help.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I just got some P07 and P09 mags from Greg Cote LLC recently and also ordered some rubber and metal floor plates for some 75 mags I have that don’t want to fit properly in my P01s. I’ve ordered dozens of mags from him over the years and he always has best quality and good service. If you leave a request and an email he’ll notify you when he has new mags in stock. As soon as you get the notification though ORDER as they go fast.
    Pro Mags are usually only a last ditch effort, surprised they are actually still in business.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    BTW, I didn't know this. Glad to know. I thought maybe they stopped making spare mags for this pistol. "F'ing bastards!" lol
    They might have, but my experience with the S&W 422 (which also fit the Model 41) mags is that they show up periodically as available, which leads me to believe that they are made when conditions permit or demand is high. I waited 2 months to get extra mags for the 422, they show up as available every once in a while. When they are out of stock they sometimes sell for high prices on eBay, etc.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Pro Mags are usually only a last ditch effort, surprised they are actually still in business.
    My ProMag experience has not been bad. The double stack mags I've bought worked fine, I had some single stack mags for a Ruger EC9S that were range only, not dependable. I used ProMag SR9 mags in my Ruger PC Carbine for a couple of steel matches with no issues until I got OEM mags and I have tow M&P 9 mags that work fine.

I did have to thoroughly clean them they had a thick gunk on them.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    My ProMag experience has not been bad. The double stack mags I've bought worked fine, I had some single stack mags for a Ruger EC9S that were range only, not dependable. I used ProMag SR9 mags in my Ruger PC Carbine for a couple of steel matches with no issues until I got OEM mags and I have tow M&P 9 mags that work fine.

I did have to thoroughly clean them they had a thick gunk on them.
    About 100 years ago when I first started shooting I tried a couple Pro Mags and they were just crap! The older guys laughed at me and said if you want a magazine to work never buy a Pro Mag. Over the years it seems as if most complaints about magazines have been about Pro Mag. I just steer clear of them and when asked I convey the same message. There is a reason they’re so cheap. MecGar is my go to mag for most weapons except the 1911 where I use Colt, Wilson, McCormick, Ed Brown, Tripp etc…
    MecGar is also the maker many OEM factory magazines. I always look for them over factory and save a few bucks.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    About 100 years ago when I first started shooting I tried a couple Pro Mags and they were just crap! The older guys laughed at me and said if you want a magazine to work never buy a Pro Mag. Over the years it seems as if most complaints about magazines have been about Pro Mag. I just steer clear of them and when asked I convey the same message. There is a reason they’re so cheap. MecGar is my go to mag for most weapons except the 1911 where I use Colt, Wilson, McCormick, Ed Brown, Tripp etc…
    MecGar is also the maker many OEM factory magazines. I always look for them over factory and save a few bucks.
    Sometimes you have to buy what's available. I prefer not to buy ProMags, but I have had a much better experience with them than many people.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    I have Pro Mags that I use in three of my guns for range use only. I haven't had any problems with them, but I don't trust them for carry purposes just because of their reputation.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Here are 17rd mags for it. I'm not sure if this site is legit though. I've never used them personally.

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN

Here are 17rd mags for it. I'm not sure if this site is legit though. I've never used them personally.
    Unfortunately, needs to be 15 rd. I've also found some 10 rounders, but, no one has 15 rd. Oh well. I ordered a couple Pro Mags. They will hold me til some OEMs come back on sale.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Unfortunately, needs to be 15 rd. I've also found some 10 rounders, but, no one has 15 rd. Oh well. I ordered a couple Pro Mags. They will hold me til some OEMs come back on sale.
    Remove the +2 for a original end.

Let us know how the Pro Mags work.
    I bought some 30 years ago and never bought another one. Yes it was that bad.

Top Bottom