• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Phil Smith of NAGAA announced that the TV station screwed up his statement.

If we can't in-fight....will be able to fight at all?

Which is why, IF you get interviewed by the media, have someone on "your" side record it.
    That's good advice. It's been a while, but when I have been called upon to make a statement to the media, I have been misquoted every time. Heck, when I have issued written press releases...those have been misquoted as well.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I have noticed over the years, the Dems usually have some gunowner/hunter group that they trot out to support their gun grabbing candidate with the assurance that gun-owners area reasonable and support common sense gun control...

I remember a Mike W (?) that they kept trotting out.

Ah here it is.
    Mike Weisser
    He even commented on gun forums how HE was right, everyone ELSE was wrong, and how if we didn't give away some rights they'd ALL be taken away from us.
    Also, cause he owns a gun store, he's more knowledgeable and smarter than the rest of us.

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012

Ah here it is.
    Mike Weisser
    He even commented on gun forums how HE was right, everyone ELSE was wrong, and how if we didn't give away some rights they'd ALL be taken away from us.
    Also, cause he owns a gun store, he's more knowledgeable and smarter than the rest of us.

What a tool. He looks like the kind of guy that would keep his weapon at low ready when a customer walks in.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Ah here it is.
    Mike Weisser

I remember this. He was a tool.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Not to put too fine a point on it, but the right is for the public to peaceably assemble. Private land? Gub'mint can't say squat.
    Public parks or blocking traffic in the streets....safety concerns call for a little advance notice, thus the "permit".
    And this would be why I said "not always".... ;) And government still steps in when you gather on private property without gaining the owner's permission first. i.e. let's meet for a march to the Capitol. We can start at the burger joint at the corner of Walk and Don't Walk.... Unless the owner of the burger joint doesn't want a bunch of cars taking up his parking spaces, or a bunch of people protesting the destruction of the snail darter's habitat, or God forbid, a bunch of people carrying rifles and shotguns! ;)

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I forgot about that guy, they were trotting him out a lot several years ago, haven't heard much since. Edit: this is new I went to FB to search his store Ware Gun Shop and a message popped up asking if I really wanted to go there, and then another message popped up saying:

This search may be associated with the sale of firearms​

The private sale of firearms can cause harm and is illegal in most countries.

When people don't follow our Community Standards, we sometimes restrict or disable their account.

The FB hasn't been updated since 2019 and the website link is bad, maybe he finally went out of business?

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    And this would be why I said "not always".... ;) And government still steps in when you gather on private property without gaining the owner's permission first. i.e. let's meet for a march to the Capitol. We can start at the burger joint at the corner of Walk and Don't Walk.... Unless the owner of the burger joint doesn't want a bunch of cars taking up his parking spaces, or a bunch of people protesting the destruction of the snail darter's habitat, or God forbid, a bunch of people carrying rifles and shotguns! ;)

Again, I humbly suggest that your missing my point.
    The people have the right to peaceably assemble.....not to march anywhere, not to block traffic or entryways, not to violate someone else's private property rights by trespassing on their property without permission.......I have the right to gather on MY property, or someone else's, with their permission, and express my views without fear of Government repercussions or reprisals. I have no right to march anywhere, or scream at people, or block them from carrying out their chosen activities. That's not peaceable, that's a circus. My right does not override the rights of any other citizen.
    And I can exercise this right with no Governmental interference.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Again, I humbly suggest that your missing my point.
    The people have the right to peaceably assemble.....not to march anywhere, not to block traffic or entryways, not to violate someone else's private property rights by trespassing on their property without permission.......I have the right to gather on MY property, or someone else's, with their permission, and express my views without fear of Government repercussions or reprisals. I have no right to march anywhere, or scream at people, or block them from carrying out their chosen activities. That's not peaceable, that's a circus. My right does not override the rights of any other citizen.
    And I can exercise this right with no Governmental interference.
    OK, that's fair. So you're going to "assemble" on your property... not go anywhere, just gather and perhaps discuss whatever... i.e. right of free association (not specified in the Constitution, nor does it need to be, under the 9A)

The point of your assembly would be..... what, exactly? You're not going to get any politician's interest by doing so, and I don't imagine you'll change any minds, as those who come to your property for this meeting probably already agree with you.

Also not sure I agree that marching anywhere would of necessity be a circus, though as has been demonstrated, it certainly could be. The activities you describe beyond the mere act of moving from point A to point B are good examples of how it could so devolve.

I appreciate you making your point as you did, clarifying what I had missed. Of note, you don't HAVE to convince anyone by assembling, I just think if you're going to, there should be a reason, a point to it.

Blessings,
    Bill

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ryandeleeuw340
    Top Bottom