• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The latest forecast looks like there might be a break in the rain just about the time the rally is going on. :yesway:

Now we have to decide to bet on, or against the weather forecasters! I'm good with just no lightning.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Last edited:

BobDaniels

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Boone Co
    Thank you to all involved in organizing this event; I am certain it has been time consuming and frustrating at times. We need all the voices we can get.

That said, I am looking for clarification on some things: On the facebook flyer, I noticed something along the lines of "we prefer long guns not be carried" or something along those lines. Are long guns not allowed? On a flyer that was posted a few posts back, it stated "empty mag wells preferred". Are loaded firearms not allowed?

Thank you, in advance, for the clarification.

PS: not trying to start anything, just want to know the rules before I play the game.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Thank you to all involved in organizing this event; I am certain it has been time consuming and frustrating at times. We need all the voices we can get.

That said, I am looking for clarification on some things: On the facebook flyer, I noticed something along the lines of "we prefer long guns not be carried" or something along those lines. Are long guns not allowed? On a flyer that was posted a few posts back, it stated "empty mag wells preferred". Are loaded firearms not allowed?

Thank you, in advance, for the clarification.

PS: not trying to start anything, just want to know the rules before I play the game.

The organizers have asked us not to carry long guns. Those of us that think we should honor the organizer's request are called butters, cowards, traitors, etc. :dunno:

I take it as "please dont, but if you insist, make sure its not chambered".

They asked that we show up exactly as we EDC to show that we are normal folks, not extremist whackjobs. (but to be fair, some of them will still consider us extremist whackjobs if we OC in business casual attire.)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I apologize if I missed it, but is there a certain time/place where INGO members are planning to meet? Not sure if I'm going to be able to make it, but I thought I'd verify just in case.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Brother Bill and I were discussing tarps and pop ups earlier (texting, not INGO) I'm bringing one of each and all the tie downs I got to help keep thePA equipment dry. If any INGOERS can stash such things in the car in case it's needed it would be most appreciated

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I apologize if I missed it, but is there a certain time/place where INGO members are planning to meet? Not sure if I'm going to be able to make it, but I thought I'd verify just in case.
    South side of the Capitol, north side of Washington St. scroll back a few pages for parking options and GFZ map

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    South side of the Capitol, north side of Washington St. scroll back a few pages for parking options and GFZ map

I'm a little confused... From the GFZ map a few pages back, it looks like the north side of Washington St. is the GFZ? Or is the sidewalk okay and the GFZ actually begins once you step off the north side of the sidewalk?

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    The organizers have asked us not to carry long guns. Those of us that think we should honor the organizer's request are called butters, cowards, traitors, etc. :dunno:

I take it as "please dont, but if you insist, make sure its not chambered".

They asked that we show up exactly as we EDC to show that we are normal folks, not extremist whackjobs. (but to be fair, some of them will still consider us extremist whackjobs if we OC in business casual attire.)

I guess I'd better reconsider appearing with cowboy garb and weaponry.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'm a little confused... From the GFZ map a few pages back, it looks like the north side of Washington St. is the GFZ? Or is the sidewalk okay and the GFZ actually begins once you step off the north side of the sidewalk?
    Sidewalks next to Washington St are public . Stay off the grass

sgtmack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    I'll be wearing some camo, my only Gore-tex is Air Force issue. Are we carrying rifles or not? I would prefer too, it would have a color matching magazine.:)
    I have a normal sling, will be carried muzzle down over my shoulder.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Later more local posts requested empty magazine wells. All camo and slung low ready sounds like what they are trying to avoid

Low ready with a rifle means shouldered with the muzzle down. Not sure what a sling has to do with that. I would expect to get shot if I was carrying low ready in public with a rifle.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Low ready with a rifle means shouldered with the muzzle down. Not sure what a sling has to do with that. I would expect to get shot if I was carrying low ready in public with a rifle.

Single point sling will cause this. Famous pic of two jack wagons posing in a Chipotle several years ago did absolutely nothing to help our cause.

Top Bottom