• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgtmack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    I think we got confused. When it was raining I carried my rifle like this. IMG_20180413_195516.jpg

That is what I was trying to describe. Slung over the shoulder with the muzzle down so it doesn't get rained in.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

When I have my AR in a single point sling, it looks close enough to be low ready that a novice cant tell the difference. Its not over my shoulder out of the way, and it appears to be ready to fire in a moment's notice. As illustrated by the first pic in your article by the soldiers on patrol.

When trying to control mine on the single point, its hard NOT to handle it like low ready.

But dont mind me, I'm just a Butter. :rolleyes:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It ain’t low ready if your paws are off of it!
    Whatever. Ive never seen anyone carry in front via single point and NOT put their mitts on it at some time.

If it makes you feel better I'll say it. "you are right". It aint "low ready" but its still perceived as aggressive. :rolleyes:

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    OK -

I have to leave (AAGGGAAIINNNNNN) in a minute ... run run run ...

1. Thanks Kelly for the help - Hoping a few of you may be able to help w/ tarps and pops ups if weather is bad. ... REALLLY REALLY important.

2. Carry LEGALLY - the empty chamber & mag well on long guns is "RESPECTFULLY REQUESTED" - ONLY BECAUSE of the CROWDED SITUATION.
    Carry legally and safely. /discussion and /my opinion. I'll have my INSs 3% Custom AR myself. in USGI - Applseed Sling. ... (and need someone to hold it when I'm on stage).

3. DRESS - is be normal & yourself - "battle rattle" is what we do not what - SEE POST 176. REPEAT SEE POST 176 ...

4. I just got home from an interview with Eric Feldman with WISH TV 8 - will air at 10 and 11 on the rally and why it is important.
    NOTE: I have never done a sit down interview like this before ... I'll accept critiques later - I got the call at 5:30 and drove down town for it immediately.

... calls for not carrying are for other locations - but FOLLOW the LAW. See the pictures from 2013 ...

5. we now have several more speakers that are NOT listed yet. but I'll try to get it shared. Gotta RUN RUN RUN ... and write write write ... new sign, speech ... etc.

BB3 - OUT.

REPEAT - SEE POST 176 ... WISH TV 10 and 11 ... (oh and interview seemed "fair" but that's unedited and I was VERY nervous)

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Whatever. Ive never seen anyone carry in front via single point and NOT put their mitts on it at some time.

If it makes you feel better I'll say it. "you are right". It aint "low ready" but its still perceived as aggressive. :rolleyes:

I see your point but yeah I’m a stickler about terminology. I would never carry a rifle in public with any sling that required me to have to touch the rifle continually. So two-point for me, out front, African carry, maybe hell even out back muzzle up with a flower or a “have a nice day” lollipop in the barrel.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    OK -

1. Thanks Kelly for the help - Hoping a few of you may be able to help w/ tarps and pops ups if weather is bad. ... REALLLY REALLY important.

2. Carry LEGALLY - the empty chamber & mag well on long guns is "RESPECTFULLY REQUESTED" - ONLY BECAUSE of the CROWDED SITUATION.
    Carry legally and safely. /discussion and /my opinion. I'll have my INSs 3% Custom AR myself. in USGI - Applseed Sling. ... (and need someone to hold it when I'm on stage).

3. DRESS - is be normal & yourself - "battle rattle" is what we do not what - SEE POST 176. REPEAT SEE POST 176 ...

4. I just got home from an interview with Eric Feldman with WISH TV 8 - will air at 10 and 11 on the rally and why it is important.
    NOTE: I have never done a sit down interview like this before ... I'll accept critiques later - I got the call at 5:30 and drove down town for it immediately.

... calls for not carrying are for other locations - but FOLLOW the LAW. See the pictures from 2013 ...

5. we now have several more speakers that are NOT listed yet. but I'll try to get it shared. Gotta RUN RUN RUN ... and write write write ... new sign, speech ... etc.

BB3 - OUT.

REPEAT - SEE POST 176 ... WISH TV 10 and 11 ... (oh and interview seemed "fair" but that's unedited and I was VERY nervous)

I'll be watching WISH TV at 10 Bill. I have the pop-up and other stuff (tie down straps and tarp) loaded in the car. Looks like rain gear will be the uniform of the day tomorrow. I don't think any of us will melt if we get rained on. Rain jacket means CC for the Glock, I may bring the AR tomorrow.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'll be watching WISH TV at 10 Bill. I have the pop-up and other stuff (tie down straps and tarp) loaded in the car. Looks like rain gear will be the uniform of the day tomorrow. I don't think any of us will melt if we get rained on. Rain jacket means CC for the Glock, I may bring the AR tomorrow.

Me, BB3, and now you... ARs for everyone!

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Me, BB3, and now you... ARs for everyone!

UPON FURTHER REVIEW: this weather change is playing hell with my arthritis, particularly in my neck. I just slung my RRA LAR-15 a minute ago, I don't think 6 hours with a slung rifle is an option tomorrow. Mine is very GI except for the BCM nickel-boron BCG, my kind of rifle. I think it'll be EDC on my hip, getting old really sucks.

Kklingberg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Hammond
    So what time exactly. I was late to valpo because I misunderstood and didn’t read properly. Now I saw from Mrgunsngear that it’s supposed to be 2pm eastern time in Indy. So that would mean I need to leave at 11am from Hammond to show up on time. Can anyone confirm? And I’ll say straight up, I’m OC my AR. But my sidearm will be concealed because it’s going to be 40 degrees, so I’ll have a jacket on.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    So what time exactly. I was late to valpo because I misunderstood and didn’t read properly. Now I saw from Mrgunsngear that it’s supposed to be 2pm eastern time in Indy. So that would mean I need to leave at 11am from Hammond to show up on time. Can anyone confirm? And I’ll say straight up, I’m OC my AR. But my sidearm will be concealed because it’s going to be 40 degrees, so I’ll have a jacket on.

2 PM indy or eastern time, starts the speaking portion. Be early.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

1400 EDT, be there at 1330. They organizers are requesting empty mag wells on ARs, etc. 40 degrees? It'll be 70 down here with a low of 50 overnight. Part of the confusion is the National Organizer (NCCPA) has rallies going in 45 State Capitols (from 1400 EDT to 0800 Hawaii time) all starting at the same time. If we went with Zulu time a lot of confusion would end.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    OK -

BB3 - OUT.

Hey Bill, did you ask that kid if his Mom dropped him off at the station :laugh:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    1400 EDT, be there at 1330. They organizers are requesting empty mag wells on ARs, etc. 40 degrees? It'll be 70 down here with a low of 50 overnight. Part of the confusion is the National Organizer (NCCPA) has rallies going in 45 State Capitols (from 1400 EDT to 0800 Hawaii time) all starting at the same time. If we went with Zulu time a lot of confusion would end.

No, that would be the beginning of even MORE confusion. :):

And yes, good job Bill!

And I'd suggest a quick wipe down of the weapons gents. Keep our other enemy at bay; RUST!

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    No, that would be the beginning of even MORE confusion. :):

And yes, good job Bill!

And I'd suggest a quick wipe down of the weapons gents. Keep our other enemy at bay; RUST!

WHAT??! Zulu time was used on the time/date group on messages (SARAH LITE and earlier) since WAY before the Interwebz. Next you'll say the 24 hour clock (AKA Military Time) will confuse the masses. I say, NO WAY!! Learn military time!!

Top Bottom