• ...and so much more!
  • abovebrew

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Hello,

I'm looking to purchase a particular revolver (Colt Python). Are you able to do private sales at the Indy 1500 events? Would I get kicked out if I wore a huge sign saying "WTB Colt Python"?

Thanks for the advice.

Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    I have sold or traded many guns by carrying a backpack with a dowel rod sporting a 8-1/2 x 11 paper sign advertising. I have never been told it wasn't allowed.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hello,

I'm looking to purchase a particular revolver (Colt Python). Are you able to do private sales at the Indy 1500 events? Would I get kicked out if I wore a huge sign saying "WTB Colt Python"?

Thanks for the advice.

Hello and welcome to INGO. I've never seen a WTB sign on an individual at the 1500. You'll see vendors with those signs at their tables, but WTS is what you see from individuals. I say go for it! It's a gun show, someone will sell you a gun.

As it gets closer to the next 1500 you'll see threads on the subject. If you're there on Friday stop by the NRA booth, I'm the 50-something with the grey beard.

abovebrew

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Appreciate the warm welcome and the advice. I've got my eye on a couple online auctions, but I would much prefer to buy locally and not pay tax / shipping / FFL / ETC fees. If I don't have a python in my hands by then, I'll be sure to stop by the booth and introduce myself. Cheers.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Appreciate the warm welcome and the advice. I've got my eye on a couple online auctions, but I would much prefer to buy locally and not pay tax / shipping / FFL / ETC fees. If I don't have a python in my hands by then, I'll be sure to stop by the booth and introduce myself. Cheers.

Hit the link below and introduce yourself to the group. Maybe tell the story with your handle. Gotta be a story there...

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/introductions-greetings/

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hello and welcome to INGO. I've never seen a WTB sign on an individual at the 1500. You'll see vendors with those signs at their tables, but WTS is what you see from individuals. I say go for it! It's a gun show, someone will sell you a gun.

As it gets closer to the next 1500 you'll see threads on the subject. If you're there on Friday stop by the NRA booth, I'm the 50-something with the grey beard.

Hey Kelly.....as this gets closer let me know. I would love to come out and see you and many other friends.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I think last time I was there, they had a sign posted saying no deals in the parking lot. But memory is fuzzy on that.

I remember my pals and joking about buying each other's guns for a few bucks just to "buck the system"

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hey Kelly.....as this gets closer let me know. I would love to come out and see you and many other friends.

I'll be bumping a thread here in, oh wow it's in less than three weeks! Haven't seen you since the south-side M&E TT POC'd. Nothing like hanging out at a gun show, seeing INGOers in real life, playing "spot the zombie", or "who really doesn't fit in at a gun show?" :laugh: In the big pavilion this time.

abovebrew

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2019
    Indianapolis
    I'll stop by at the booth.

I also need to give Mr. Johnson (the safe guy) a hard time about not returning my call about a request to move a 2,000LB safe out of my basement.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I didn't have much luck selling a shot gun last time I went. I may ask my gf to get tarted up and put the shotgun in her hands with a for sale sign and see if she has more luck than I.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Hello,

Thanks for the advice.
    I’ve done multiple private sales at the Indy gun show. Someone else said to put a flag type thing displaying what you have. Many people walk around with a riffle on a strap over their shoulder with a sign sticking out of it. Very good way to find what you’re looking for if you want to sell it. People will notice

Top Bottom