• ...and so much more!
  • SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    IANAL, but I do try to think about the PURPOSE of laws... in this case it's about managing the fish populations of the state for the public good. A wholly owned private pond ain't about that. So, what you take out of that pond and licensing requirements don't apply.

As others have said, transporting the fish could technically get sticky... possession limits don't have a loophole for privately taken fish... but in reality, only if your local CO is a **** and you've done something to **** him/her off so that you get pulled over upon leaving your buddy's place.

For the nit-picky, ie those who pick nits solely for the satisfaction of picking nits and no other reason, the solution would be fish fry at you buddy's place. :)

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    You're at a red light at 3 am. It's been 2 minutes. You haven't seen a car.

How free are you?
    If you are on a motorcycle, scooter, moped, or bicycle, it is perfectly legal to run that red light after 120 seconds if it is safe to do so thanks to the dead red law in Indiana.

I know that's not what you were getting at, but not many people know this.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If you are on a motorcycle, scooter, moped, or bicycle, it is perfectly legal to run that red light after 120 seconds if it is safe to do so thanks to the dead red law in Indiana.

I use this a lot. Sometimes I cheat it in the car too. Shhhhhh...

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi

Let's be honest, if you're on a bicycle... red lights mean nothing.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Try that sitting on a Harley in a down pour.
    Yup. I was free after a short minute.
    I learned my lesson at the light on 65 south exit onto for s.r. 26... sat there on the harley after visiting my at the time g.f. in monticello. 3 am, october timeframe...

a minute or 2 in a cop pulled up next to me. He nodded at me as if saying follow me, and continued to run the light.... I followed him, lessoned learned. . . Got pulled over immediately and never saw my wallet again.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest

Done that numerous times after the was law was enacted. Quite a few area lights ( especially at a couple off ramps ) don’t seem to pick up the presence of a motorcycle sitting there.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Done that numerous times after the was law was enacted. Quite a few area lights ( especially at a couple off ramps ) don’t seem to pick up the presence of a motorcycle sitting there.
    Not sure why they use weight based systems and not a vison system. :dunno:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Its not weight, its magetic sensor loops buried in the road. Motorcycles often dont have enough metal in them to trigger the lights.

They even make a magnet attachment to stick to the bottom of your bike to make the loops think your bike is big like a car.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    :hijack:
    I've seen wheel chair riders put magnets under the foot rest on chairs for that reason. Illinois has the bike/light rule too. They call it reasonable accommodation. I would just count to 120 myself. Any law is infringement.:blahblah:

Last edited:

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Those magnets don’t work, some people say parking over the lines and restarting, or placing your kick stand down will help set them off.
    Ive always just pulled up and motioned the cars behind me forward if I couldnt trip a light. People usually understand because we've been sitting around for longer than usual. If no one is behind me I just go when its safe.

Top Bottom