• ...and so much more!
  • Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    If they don't fly out of here and I have plenty to keep the store stocked, I'll be bringing primers to the Crown Point gun show on the 20th and 21st of this month. I always prioritize my local customers first, but as long as there are plenty to go around I will bring them to shows.
    Sure wish I had time to come see you. Been wanting to see the store since forever.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Update on Argentine primers. Just found out my son's handgun has a worn out firing pin spring. So the 3 dead primers or failures to fire were his handgun. My Dagger has shot all except a few hard primers which went bang on restrike. My Dagger also fired the supposed dead primers my son gave me that his gun could not get to fire.
    He's going to get a new spring since it has around close to 5k rounds or more through it.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    Last edited:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    It has been a long time, but I remember Fiocchi Pistol primers being in an odd package of 1500 primers. That made them look expensive but they were actually a little cheaper than Winchester or CCI, and definitely cheaper than Remington. I never had any problems with them.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    It has been a long time, but I remember Fiocchi Pistol primers being in an odd package of 1500 primers. That made them look expensive but they were actually a little cheaper than Winchester or CCI, and definitely cheaper than Remington. I never had any problems with them.
    I’ve still got some of them. Never had an issue at all either. I’d buy a bunch more if they become available too!

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    UNIS Genex small pistol primers during loading seemed “normal”.
    I have mixed range brass. Super mixed. I even have some that has crimped primer pockets. I did not remove the crimp prior to loading. I load on a Dillon XL650 which is notorious for primer system issues. These primers loaded well, even in those few crimped pocket cases. Some seemed to “fall in” the case, some seemed snug.
    I want to qualify that statement by saying: most of my brass is not just once fired….some of it, probably 10-15 times and still going.
    I did not reduce my powder charge as it was not at maximum anyway. I will try to get to the range Monday or Tuesday and see how they work in my P320/P365 X MACRO TACOPS.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    UNIS Genex small pistol primers during loading seemed “normal”.
    I have mixed range brass. Super mixed. I even have some that has crimped primer pockets. I did not remove the crimp prior to loading. I load on a Dillon XL650 which is notorious for primer system issues. These primers loaded well, even in those few crimped pocket cases. Some seemed to “fall in” the case, some seemed snug.
    I want to qualify that statement by saying: most of my brass is not just once fired….some of it, probably 10-15 times and still going.
    I did not reduce my powder charge as it was not at maximum anyway. I will try to get to the range Monday or Tuesday and see how they work in my P320/P365 X MACRO TACOPS.
    I run a few Dillon's, what problems are you having with the primer feeds?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

$90 for 1000
    limit 10k

1685580370189.png

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    This story kind of reminds me of BT.

At the wrong place at the wrong time.

I haven’t read all those articles posted above yet, but is there a preliminary cause listed?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

$65 per 1000 limit 2

Unfortunately a limited but does show a big store dropped their prices from $100.
    Good sign though. We get to $50/1000 and I'll get back in the game!

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Update on Argentine primers. Just found out my son's handgun has a worn out firing pin spring. So the 3 dead primers or failures to fire were his handgun. My Dagger has shot all except a few hard primers which went bang on restrike. My Dagger also fired the supposed dead primers my son gave me that his gun could not get to fire.
    He's going to get a new spring since it has around close to 5k rounds or more through it.
    I haven't had much luck with the SA small pistol primers from Argentina. The first go around, I seated them with my Dillon 550 flush like I have done other American made primers and have never had a problem. The first box of 50, I had 10 not ignite on the first try out of my Sig M17. They all eventually ignited, sometimes after the 2nd strike and some on the 3rd. I seated the next box of 50 using my Hornady hand primer. It seated them below flush and they were really flattened, much more than primers in factory loaded ammo. I still had failures to ignite with 4 rounds on the first try. I'm really disappointed in these SA small pistol primers. Anyone else had any luck using these? If so, did you do anything different, like enlarge the primer pockets on the brass?

Top Bottom