• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Haven't bought much in the way of supplies in the last 4 to 5 months, so I might not be up to speed on the most current prices, but the sale kind of seems like what I call 'the Amazon method', in that prices are high enough to cover the 'free' hazmat (or in Amazon's case, the 'free' shipping)

Their powder prices especially seem high, although it is good to see some Reloader available
    I mean with nothing in stock anywhere really you can charge whatever you want. Free shipping is almost always a gimmick…

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Ridiculous! A “come on” if I ever saw one. At the price they are asking for the primers in the ad, hazmat, shipping and taxes (LOL) should all be free. In fact at the price of those primers, they should reload your ammo for you! Just ridiculous price gouging!!!
    Not so sure. I checked Brownells and Midway and Natchezes prices are comparable, Brownells and Midway ARE still charging hazmat, they have little in stock in primers and do not have Reloader available

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Ridiculous! A “come on” if I ever saw one. At the price they are asking for the primers in the ad, hazmat, shipping and taxes (LOL) should all be free. In fact at the price of those primers, they should reload your ammo for you! Just ridiculous price gouging!!!
    Prices aren’t what they used to be. It’s not price gouging if they are charging a similar markup to everyone else. The only other solution would be if they stop offering primers and powder to everyone. Market is the market.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    My main issue right now is not finding primers but finding places that will sell enough of them to make shipping and hazmat worthwhile, i.e. At least 5000

I see small pistol at Brownells from time to time but with those prices and Limited to 2k, ugh!

Natchezss allows up to 5K but I haven’t seen small pistol primers in stock in a long time. Seems they have a pretty good supply of NATO small rifle primers, but I have plenty of srp atm.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    My main issue right now is not finding primers but finding places that will sell enough of them to make shipping and hazmat worthwhile, i.e. At least 5000

I see small pistol at Brownells from time to time but with those prices and Limited to 2k, ugh!

Natchezss allows up to 5K but I haven’t seen small pistol primers in stock in a long time. Seems they have a pretty good supply of NATO small rifle primers, but I have plenty of srp atm.
    Same here. I have all but given up on buying SPP's at a reasonable price. I'm stocking up on factory loaded stuff. I don't like it as much as my loads, but I will make it work.

That and more focus on .22 moving forward.

If I find 5K of Federal's at around the $80/k price, I'll buy some.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

$89 for 1000 primers

$95.22 delivered per 1000 no limit :D

Free shipping not even hazmat fee. Grab them before they figure it out.

1669463888448.png

Last edited:

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I don't how or if this is legit. $25 flat fee to ship, minimum order of $200.
    Where did thay get all these and at this price. They take regular CC's and have a phone number in OH.

1669780152979.png

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    I don't how or if this is legit. $25 flat fee to ship, minimum order of $200.
    Where did thay get all these and at this price. They take regular CC's and have a phone number in OH.

View attachment 239644
    It's a scam.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I think prices will come down. I understand capitalism and all that, but these price hikes aren't just due to increases in costs to manufacture. This is also due to shortages and high demand.

I am hoping that when supply/demand evens out, the prices will drop considerably. I can accept a 25% increase, but really not much more.

So that would mean primers selling at less than $50/1000.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    I picked up some of those Argentine primers. Will load up 10rds and test them.
    I figure that should give a somewhat good sample to judge if they are any good. Then if that works well I'll load up the other 90 and see how that goes.
    I'll report back once I get them and test them.
    I would be interested in seeing how they do.

I did a search and found a forum discussion on those primers. Even had a guy from Argentina chime in on his experience.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have so many difficulties with my Fort Smith primers that I can't get through some of the drills I do. Pretty frustrating. I probably have another 3K loaded rounds to go through.

I bought them just as we were getting into covid on a group buy. Reviews said they were good to go. Lesson learned. Never again.

DS, I hope you have better success than me.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    I have so many difficulties with my Fort Smith primers that I can't get through some of the drills I do. Pretty frustrating. I probably have another 3K loaded rounds to go through.

I bought them just as we were getting into covid on a group buy. Reviews said they were good to go. Lesson learned. Never again.

DS, I hope you have better success than me.
    That's a shame you're having such rotten luck. Having only gotten into reloading in 2020, I've pretty much only been able to buy off-brand primers, and so far I've had extremely good luck with Murom primers. I'm several hundred rounds in on both their small rifle and small pistol primers, and not had a single one fail to go off.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    When it comes to guns and ammo, I want what I know works. Hence my hesitation to get the ginex or others.
    CCI, Federal, S&B I have no reservations about.

I think @Creedmoor said the ginex are ok, but I am still reading many posts about them being too tight fitting on various other forums.

Top Bottom