Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Not sure what day yet, but I should have a truck coming sometime next week. The invoice says that there will be several cases of Remington small pistol primers. If they are the same as they were last time, they should be $72.90 plus tax ($78) per 1,000. Strict LIMIT OF 1,000 PER CUSTOMER.
    I generally update the Facebook page more frequently, but I'll try to remember to post something on my forum here when I know better what the truck schedule will be.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Unfortunately I'm not driving for 1 brick... Waiting for at least to be able to buy a sleeve. I can wait. :thumbsup:
    I agree, I want to buy 5K but isn't a "sleeve" just 100 primers?

And after buying Fort Smith brand primers and having plenty of opportunities clearing malfunctions due to primers not igniting, I really want to stick with either CCI or Federals with a strong preference for Federals.

I will pay $80/1000 for Federals if I can buy 5K. Unless I buy them locally, then I'll buy just 1K. It's the hazmat fee that makes it necessary to buy at least 5K at a time so I can spread out the costs better.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    I agree, I want to buy 5K but isn't a "sleeve" just 100 primers?

And after buying Fort Smith brand primers and having plenty of opportunities clearing malfunctions due to primers not igniting, I really want to stick with either CCI or Federals with a strong preference for Federals.

I will pay $80/1000 for Federals if I can buy 5K. Unless I buy them locally, then I'll buy just 1K. It's the hazmat fee that makes it necessary to buy at least 5K at a time so I can spread out the costs better.
    You are correct... I thought a sleeve was a cardboard box of 5 bricks.

From Cabelas website (FWIW)... Link

1665075430913.png

Last edited:

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Unfortunately I'm not driving for 1 brick... Waiting for at least to be able to buy a sleeve. I can wait. :thumbsup:

Edit: Make that a case of 5 bricks. :ingo:
    I understand. I don't like putting limits on things, my goal is to sell as much as possible. I just try to take care of as many local customers as possible. Without limits they would be sold out in a few minutes. As it is, they still usually sell out within a day or so, even when I get over 135,000 in one shipment. I look forward to the day I don't have to limit primers.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    I need a couple jugs of powder too but I'm waiting as well.

To be clear- this is not a knock on Brian's. Some reloaders need 1 brick. I get it. :thumbsup:
    I didn't take it as a knock on me. I was just trying to explain why I feel the need to limit items like primers. I completely understand the economics involved and the need to purchase large quantities.

It's not as bad now, but when this all started people would try to buy everything I had in stock of some items just to sell them on Gunbroker at a profit. My goal is to get reloading supplies in the hands of people that use them (as opposed to resellers), as many as possible and at a fair price.

I do wholesale a lot of powder, ammo and other supplies to other dealers, but ONLY items that I have plenty of in stock. When I wholesale to other dealers, it's at a price that they are still able to sell it to the end user at a reasonable price. Some of you may have noticed that there are some dealers that leave my price tags on items and sell them at the exact same price that I do. As long as I have more than enough to be able to keep it on the shelf at the store consistently, I don't have limits and I'll wholesale it. I also only take items to gun shows that I have a surplus of (this is why I don't typically have primers at gun shows).

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    RMCENTERFIREPRIMERS.jpg

Several cases of Remington small pistol and a few boxes of Remington small rifle bench rest:
    $72.90 plus tax ($78), limit 1,000 total primers per customer

Also have a few Federal gold medal small rifle match:
    $91.59 plus tax ($98), limit 1,000 total primers per customer

While supplies last

If you can't be at the store at 11 when we open, CALL and have us hold them for you until you can pick them up this week.

Top Bottom