• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redleg16

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Kentucky Gun Co has primers in various flavors, free shipping & no hazmat on my order.

Stopped by there yesterday, they had LR, SR and SP 1000/box at $85, case pack only, had about 5 cases per out on the table.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Kentucky Gun Co has primers in various flavors, free shipping & no hazmat on my order.

How'd you get free shipping and no hazmat fee? A coupon code?

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Plainfield Shooter Supply has primers. Not cheap but available. I believe they are on consignment since it's cash only and were a separate transaction from the Dillon tool head I bought. $550 out the door. 5K minimum purchase. Price tag should read "We got 'em, you want' em, ante up". I did this morning. Winchester large pistol.

For the non-mathmagicians, that's $110 per thousand. For comparison purposes, the price tags on each box of 1K was dated 9/18/13 and priced $39.99. We shoulda' bought a train car load 9 years ago!

Jlong51454

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2022
    Indainapolis
    Plainfield Shooter Supply has primers. Not cheap but available. I believe they are on consignment since it's cash only and were a separate transaction from the Dillon tool head I bought. $550 out the door. 5K minimum purchase. Price tag should read "We got 'em, you want' em, ante up". I did this morning. Winchester large pistol.

For the non-mathmagicians, that's $110 per thousand. For comparison purposes, the price tags on each box of 1K was dated 9/18/13 and priced $39.99. We shoulda' bought a train car load 9 years ago!
    Yeah I saw those when I was in there I couldn't hold my nose tight enough to pay that.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    What I want to know is this: If a pretty much specialty company like CCI which manufactures primers allegedly 24/7 does indeed manufacture all these primers; where are they all going? A black hole in the universe? A big unseen warehouse a la Raiders of the Lost Ark? Distributors who are hoarding and holding back to increase profits? It’s been 2+ years of ridiculous prices for primers! What’s their big excuse now? Seriously???
    PS: Same thing goes for Remington, Federal, etc. etc.

I’ve vented and feel a little better now.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    What I want to know is this: If a pretty much specialty company like CCI which manufactures primers allegedly 24/7 does indeed manufacture all these primers; where are they all going? A black hole in the universe? A big unseen warehouse a la Raiders of the Lost Ark? Distributors who are hoarding and holding back to increase profits? It’s been 2+ years of ridiculous prices for primers! What’s their big excuse now? Seriously???

Ask the Gummint! You know, dept of ag, postal service, dept of ed, dept of housing, doj, fbi, nsa, Cia, replacing what we left in Afghanistan, what we are sending to Ukraine, tsa, homeland security, dept of nat resources, etc.. Don't forget the irs for the new 87,000 auditors they will hire. The list is endless (just like Gummint agencies)!
    And of course private people/groups/organizations that are hoarding (have to mention those or I will be accused of some kind of ism).

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County

CCI, Remington and Federal are all owned by the same company, Vista.

Keep in mind that demand is still much higher than it was before covid. I'm still getting backorders on ammunition that I placed 4 years ago. While they do seem to be slowly getting caught up, ammo is still flying off the shelves. We are still getting 4 to 6 pallets of ammo, powder and reloading supplies EVERY MONTH.

We are getting primers, but demand is so high they just disappear. We got 135,000 primers a couple months ago. They were mostly sold out in a week (and that's with a limit of 1,000 per customer).

Until they get caught up on ammo backorders, you won't see any big quantities of primers.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    CCI, Remington and Federal are all owned by the same company, Vista.

Keep in mind that demand is still much higher than it was before covid. I'm still getting backorders on ammunition that I placed 4 years ago. While they do seem to be slowly getting caught up, ammo is still flying off the shelves. We are still getting 4 to 6 pallets of ammo, powder and reloading supplies EVERY MONTH.

We are getting primers, but demand is so high they just disappear. We got 135,000 primers a couple months ago. They were mostly sold out in a week (and that's with a limit of 1,000 per customer).

Until they get caught up on ammo backorders, you won't see any big quantities of primers.
    I made the decision to reload in the spring of 2014 after two years of trying to find reasonably priced 9mm post Sandy Hook. The only thing stopping me for two more years was not being able to find small pistol primers. Not only are veteran reloaders stocking up on primers but think about how many new reloaders have entered the market post Covid due to the ammo shortages. In my opinion we aren't close to catching up with primer demand any time soon.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    It was 2012 when I started. One of my winter activities. I loaded the last of my primers last winter. I haven’t been able to buy primers since pre-covid.

It doesn’t look like I’ll be reloading this winter.

But, it gives me justification to but a new .22 pistol since I envision my future of shooting to be heavily focused on rimfire!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

Not sure how good they are but midway has some small pistol primers in.
    If I could order 5K, I'd probably give them a try. I doubt they would be any worse than my Fort Smith primers I am currently using.

They give me opportunities to practice malfunction drills! :):

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Anybody in Northern IN seen 209 primers in stock anywhere recently? Not so desperate that I want to pay shipping/hazmat right now.
    We have had 209 primers in stock consistently for a few months now. We also have enough to bring them to the Crown Point gun show each time as well. They have been selling steadily, but we can keep them in stock with no limits.

Top Bottom