• ...and so much more!
  • Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Could I get some opinions on how SRP and LRP are valued? Historically, and currently?
    Please and thanks.
    Asking because a neighbor wants to work a trade.
    SRP and LPP were about $30 per thousand prior to the pandemic. At the height of profiteering, they were going for $250 per thousand at online sites. Since they started appearing on store shelves and online retail again, prices have been $67 - $78 per thousand in my experience. Also consider additional shipping and haz-mat fees of up to $35 for items purchased online. For sites limiting you to one item per day, you could have up to $110 invested in one brick before taxes.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Just snagged 5,000 federal gold small pistol primers at natchez, all gone now as i was going to post the link but they still have magnum small pistol at this time! Hated to pay the the cost but the 1050 auto really eats them up

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Man..
    It seems the primer problem is certainly improving. Once we all stock up at the high price and feel comfortable and stop buying the price should drop. That said the future is unknown so I'm still buying. Probably will until my supply is a couple two or three years worth.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Anybody run small magnum primers in 9mm? I'm thinking about grabbing two bricks
    I have not, my understanding is that the Magnum primers may have a little thicker cup as well as being a little hotter. Seems I read that some that have done it and have had some issues with light strikes on certain guns

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    In the time it took me to check my stock of lil gun, they sold out of spp, :-(
    FYI, I was at the Lima, OH Tri-State Collectors gunshow, and although a lot of prices (like handgun ammo and primers) were typical gunshow/inflated I saw quite a bit of powder - including Lilgun, which I had not seen for some time - for $31 to $33 per pound

Several people had new quality brass (starline and winny), as well as once fired, in about any rifle or pistol size you could want for reasonable prices. Found some 130 gr .356 pills for 38SA too, which aren't an everyday thing. Primers were available from several sellers but nothing under $200/1000

I'm finding some gunshows are becoming worth going to again, beyond the fact that a gun show is always a good way to have a pleasant afternoon. That gun show runs the first weekend of every month now through December

hoglegs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2017
    NWI
    I'm just glad they are beginning to show up on shelves occasionally... FYI if anyone is near the Cabelas in Hammond they had 25 bricks of CCI #450 small magnum rifle in stock today for $65. Not bad when you consider no hazmat fees & shipping.

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    I have not, my understanding is that the Magnum primers may have a little thicker cup as well as being a little hotter. Seems I read that some that have done it and have had some issues with light strikes on certain guns

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Are they much different than small rifle, cause thats the story I got on those too, thicker cup. I loaded up some 9mm using the cci small rifle I had and tested them out in all 4 of my M&Ps and didnt have a single one malfunction, so thats good.

Top Bottom