• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I was not being critical of you, my friend. I appreciate your efforts to help out! :ingo:

I'm just a bit bothered that we seem to be becoming content with the current pricing. I think it's what the primer manufacturers (crooks?) are looking for. :xmad:

Good for you folks that keep up with continued shooting! I'm just gonna limit my shooting until component replacement costs get to a reasonable level.

BW: Unfortunately these manufacturers appear to only be concerned about profits now that all of “firearmsdom” is on the upswing. One guess is they are trying to make up for lost time and manufacturing.

Notwithstanding: I’d be in for a few thousand whatever and LRP for sure. Just say the word A :wow:

Last edited:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Raw material issues, yea sure. Labor issues, yea right. These guys have been running flat out for over 2 years. There is no way they will invest in expansion while they are reaming consumers with these prices. They were making $ when they were $35/k.
    Yup. The answer to everything is primers are a cartel and they are making astonishing profit margins off this crunch. Good freaking luck to anyone trying to open a new hazmat production facility in America in 2023.

Whatever happened to that new Goex we were supposed to get?

cz75b

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2018
    Michigan City
    If we keep buying them at these prices we then set the price the market will bear. I suspect they see $100/k is what they can expect and the next couple years the price will wander up and down from there. No different from any other commodity. We are screwing ourselves in my view.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    If we keep buying them at these prices we then set the price the market will bear. I suspect they see $100/k is what they can expect and the next couple years the price will wander up and down from there. No different from any other commodity. We are screwing ourselves in my view.
    I would like to say that is why I'm not buying until the hit $50/1000 or lower but the reality is that it is not worth it to me to spend more than that.

Everyone has a price they are willing to pay. $50 is a 60% increase from what I was spending just a few years ago. That more than covers the increased labor, material and shipping costs.

mark40sw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2015
    Roanoke
    Raw material issues, yea sure. Labor issues, yea right. These guys have been running flat out for over 2 years. There is no way they will invest in expansion while they are reaming consumers with these prices. They were making $ when they were $35/k.

I believe a big issue with companies investing in more ammo/firearms manufacture capacity is similar to the petroleum industry in this country, If you believe the elections, we have a majority of the people willing to vote for a political party that is hell-bent on eliminating the population being able to buy guns or ammo. Similar with petroleum, they are now introducing legislation ban future gas cars in some states.

It is somewhat risky for companies to make a sizable investment in facilities that could be idled in the future by the wishes of an extremist political party.

Salty

Unwokeable
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Sportsman's Warehouse was selling for about $5/100 a few weeks ago. Limit 200 per customer. I would think that tells us what they can be sold for, unless they were selling at cost to get you in the door. That seems like a fair price to me. It's hard for me to justify more than than $50/1000 now. It looks like Brian's is probably the best choice today if you need primers. When I need more I will probably make the trip up north if things don't change.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    There are still thousands of primers available from Aszerigan in the INGO primer Group Buy as previously noted in the Group Buy Section on INGO. Considerably less than anywhere else and no hazmat or shipping.
    Hell no on Bass Pro! :shoot:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    There are still thousands of primers available from Aszerigan in the INGO primer Group Buy as previously noted in the Group Buy Section on INGO. Considerably less than anywhere else and no hazmat or shipping.
    Hell no on Bass Pro! :shoot:
    Good thing is I'm still sitting pretty on primers. Never paid more than $35 per brick and have no intentions of doing so

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Good thing is I'm still sitting pretty on primers. Never paid more than $35 per brick and have no intentions of doing so

I'm in similar shape on primers on hand. The problem is that its difficult to justify much in the way of shooting, when replacement costs are so high. Also really really opposed to support the idea that prices this high is OK.

Dry fire, with the occasional limited live round shooting is the way to go for me for now. Luckily, I sent a fairly substantial number of rounds downrange in training and competition some years back. That time, effort and ammo expended left me with a solid understanding of how to keep skills relatively maintained, without a large amount of ammo used.

I'd go as high as $45, 50% higher than they were before the manufacturers discovered all of these excuses to keep the prices high. :xmad:

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I picked a great time to get in to reloading!
    No matter what, Shop carefully for components and you still save money over factory loads. Of course as the old saying goes: The more you reload, the more you shoot. Seriously though, start pricing factory ammo for say .45-70 or .44 magnum and then start reloading for same and the savings will pile up. My :twocents:!

Top Bottom