• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I have also. I seems to me that maybe folks that could stomach the prices bought what they needed to feel good while the rest of us sit on the sidelines.

Next step will be for prices to begin to retract. We are seeing it with ammo. Ammo is has been sitting for a awhile now and lately prices are dropping from one month to the next.

I'm going to hold out until I see $50/1000 prices. Until then I'll enjoy shooting plentiful factory stuff and continue to build my brass stocks. :)
    Is there a shelf lift on primers? I know nothing about reloading besides temp and moisture control. Can they go bad?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Anyone ever hear of these guys? $65/k.

Murom primers at bestvalueammo.com.

https://bestvalueammo.com/product/small-rifle-boxer-primer-1000-ct-kvb-223-by-murom/
    I've had good luck with them. Been through a few hundred each of the Murom small pistol and small rifle, without a single failure. The small pistol were used exclusively in a striker-fired pistol. Most of the small rifle were fired in an AR-15 that had previously given me trouble with light primer strikes on another brand, with no modifications to the hammer or spring since then.

So FWIW, my experience has been completely positive, even without a particularly strong hammer. YMMV.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Anyone see the alleged sale on primers at Brownells yesterday? The prices were even more ridiculous than usual. For example Federal Premium primers $124.00/1000!!! Seriously? I’m mean really, Seriously?

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    335   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I've been talking to a guy that has 94,000 primers, all CCI, all types. I'm thinking about doing a group buy and buying all of them. They'd be between $80-$85. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    I've been talking to a guy that has 94,000 primers, all CCI, all types. I'm thinking about doing a group buy and buying all of them. They'd be between $80-$85. Anyone have any thoughts on that?
    For what it's worth, I'd participate in that buy. But I would have thought that quantity would have warranted a bit more discount. Maybe I need to adjust my expectations...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Good idea gents!

I still think we need to hold the primer manufacturers feet to the fire. They have had time to sort this out, it shouldn't be this way, unless of course we are being screwed.

Understood that things cost more. I'll happily pay 50% higher than what they were. More than that and there is something wrong with this picture... :nono:

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    335   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Understood that things cost more. I'll happily pay 50% higher than what they were. More than that and there is something wrong with this picture... :nono:
    Totally get it, just figured I'd offer to buy him out if people could use them. I smack myself in the face everytime I go to GB's ended listings.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Anyone see the alleged sale on primers at Brownells yesterday? The prices were even more ridiculous than usual. For example Federal Premium primers $124.00/1000!!! Seriously? I’m mean really, Seriously?
    Sheesh Pete, thanks for the favor! :laugh: Hard pass. I think Pete's calculator buttons are reversed... :n00b:

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Good idea gents!

I still think we need to hold the primer manufacturers feet to the fire. They have had time to sort this out, it shouldn't be this way, unless of course we are being screwed.

Raw material issues, yea sure. Labor issues, yea right. These guys have been running flat out for over 2 years. There is no way they will invest in expansion while they are reaming consumers with these prices. They were making $ when they were $35/k.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Totally get it, just figured I'd offer to buy him out if people could use them. I smack myself in the face everytime I go to GB's ended listings.

I was not being critical of you, my friend. I appreciate your efforts to help out! :ingo:

I'm just a bit bothered that we seem to be becoming content with the current pricing. I think it's what the primer manufacturers (crooks?) are looking for. :xmad:

Good for you folks that keep up with continued shooting! I'm just gonna limit my shooting until component replacement costs get to a reasonable level.

Top Bottom