• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tomcat13

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Near Louisville
    Perhaps a Part of the reason for this Primer Price Increase is their Packaging.
    The CCI's were purchased a few years back & the Fed's were picked up Saturday.
    I know Size Matters & all, but it's kinda Ridiculous.
    1667219639878.jpeg

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    62   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    I have ordered in the past but shipping times were awful, issues with fedex too!! but i did get the ammo i ordered, i think they are a part of norma shooting site as well.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I learned my lesson with "off brand" primers. I have 5000 loaded that I am going through with plenty of malfunction training.

I don't mind too much but if I start competing, I'll probably shoot factory stuff.

CCI or Federal from here on out for me.

Purdue1991

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 19, 2022
    Anyone used Ginex large rifle primers? I just bought 500 from Republic Ammo for under $100 including shipping. Gotta say, Republic shipped them within the day and they were here two days later. Not bad service.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I learned my lesson with "off brand" primers. I have 5000 loaded that I am going through with plenty of malfunction training.

I don't mind too much but if I start competing, I'll probably shoot factory stuff.

CCI or Federal from here on out for me.
    What brand / size are you having problems with?

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Anyone used Ginex large rifle primers? I just bought 500 from Republic Ammo for under $100 including shipping. Gotta say, Republic shipped them within the day and they were here two days later. Not bad service.
    I've got some that I ordered earlier this year, but haven't used enough yet to know how reliable they are. Be forewarned; they are very tight to get into the primer pocket. I ended up swaging all of my brass, even the ones that weren't crimped, just to make sure I could get the primers in consistently.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I've got some that I ordered earlier this year, but haven't used enough yet to know how reliable they are. Be forewarned; they are very tight to get into the primer pocket. I ended up swaging all of my brass, even the ones that weren't crimped, just to make sure I could get the primers in consistently.
    We bought a case or two maybe 2 years ago but haven't opened either of them yet.
    Ive read other places they are a snug fit.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Those come in a generic white box with the black printing right?

Purdue1991

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 19, 2022
    My understanding is Prvi Partizan and other OEMs use these primers in their ammo. I've shot some of the Prvi ammo (6.5x55), and it was pretty decent stuff. Also heard their primers were a snug fit. Thanks for the info.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

$600 for 10,000 primers.
    1668093178834.png

Salty

Unwokeable
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Indianapolis
    They had CCI today for about $96 including hazmat/shipping so I bit the bullet and ordered some. As high as 30-30 and 30-06 are now, it makes sense to reload, even at those high primer prices.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Haven't bought much in the way of supplies in the last 4 to 5 months, so I might not be up to speed on the most current prices, but the sale kind of seems like what I call 'the Amazon method', in that prices are high enough to cover the 'free' hazmat (or in Amazon's case, the 'free' shipping)

Their powder prices especially seem high, although it is good to see some Reloader available

Top Bottom