• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    We are our own worst enemy if we keep buying at these prices. I stocked up before all of this stupidity started. I won’t buy any more primer’s till the prices come down.
    Two years passed, more to go, every stockpile depletes eventually.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah, I just spent more than I think is morally right for shotgun primers. But I have enough now for years. I'm looking for SPP now. I have enough to get me by for another year of cowboy shooting. Maybe two years. I'm watching.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I will admit I didn't reload much last year. :dunno: Don't know why, just trying to conserve maybe.
    A lot of folks are conserving these days. I'm the outlier I think. I'm shooting more than I did in the past. But as I have mentioned in other threads it does me no good to not shoot. Shooting is a perishable skill and it's even more important for a novice like me to keep my "hand on the throttle". If I take a break now for God knows how long, I may not have enough years left in me to start over.

So I keep shooting and hope that I can resupply before I run out.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    If you search any search engine (bing, google, duckduckgo) for "primers in stock" a bunch of those scammers come up in the results. I checked several of them and you can tell they're scammers because they all want payment via zelle or venmo and no CC's.

Of the one I found that takes credit cards it adds $$$ to each 100 primers ordered. It cost me $86 for 200 LRP's.
    Uggh, but I needed them to load some 6.5cm & .500S&W. At least this one was legit albeit expensive, and I received what I expected.

From https://www.pacificnorthwestmunitions.net/ they seem to have plenty of "inventory" of all types of primers.
    If you're hard up, you can get just about any primers you need, for a price:

1642112739248.png

I'd like to know where they are getting them from and why us normal buyers can't find them.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    A lot of folks are conserving these days. I'm the outlier I think. I'm shooting more than I did in the past. But as I have mentioned in other threads it does me no good to not shoot. Shooting is a perishable skill and it's even more important for a novice like me to keep my "hand on the throttle". If I take a break now for God knows how long, I may not have enough years left in me to start over.

So I keep shooting and hope that I can resupply before I run out.
    So out of curiosity, and not singling you out, what is your percentage of shooting 22 rimfire vs. centerfire? Is there an option of shooting rimfire in place of some of the centerfire?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    So out of curiosity, and not singling you out, what is your percentage of shooting 22 rimfire vs. centerfire? Is there an option of shooting rimfire in place of some of the centerfire?
    It is probably 95+% centerfire. I do shoot .22 occasionally but I feel like I need the recoil with the centerfire to increase my abilities. This is for pistol I'm talking about now.

I can shoot a Bill Drill very fast with my MKII Ruger. But things slow down when I have to maintain a tight grip to rip of 6 rounds of centerfire. Not to mention practicing reloads, draws, etc..

But yeah, it is an option. And one I need to look harder at. I have plenty of .22LR. I did buy a M&P 15-22 rifle that mimics an AR I almost have finished. My plan is to shoot that 90% more than the actual AR.

Thanks for putting this thought into my head!

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Brownells has SRP cci 400's & 41's, 2k of each with code MC3 comes in at $398 shipped with tax & hazmat

Last edited:

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Brownells has SRP cci 400's & 41's, 2k of each with code MC3 comes in at $398 shipped with tax & hazmat

Just ordered 2K SRP, glad they upped the limit to at least two. $209 shipped. Not an ideal price but considering where we are at the moment, not as ugly as some.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Cabelas in Noblesville—Anyone buy any primers there this past week? I keep checking the website for this store and it has stated primers in stock all week?

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Portage
    I just was at Bass pro shop in Portage and they have CCI large pistol primers about 10 bricks for 79.99 also Federal large pistol and magnum large pistol primers about 7 bricks for $86 I think dont remember exact price. They had some powder too. Lots of ammo on the shelf also. I seen 223 for $12

Attachments

• powder.jpg
      powder.jpg
      32.5 KB · Views: 16
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom