• ...and so much more!
  • canebreaker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    "I have been amazed at what will fire."
    I bought 4 drink flats of reloaded ammo in trays that had green corrosion growing between them from an estate sale for super cheap. Jacketed bullets for .015 each is why I bought it. Tumbled with sand for 6 hours, pulled bullets, pulled primers, saved powder. Most cases weren't worth saving. Reloaded with same primers, powder and bullets. All fired, all a bit weak but all fired.

I thought water with age would kill a primer. Sitting at the fire pit one night I spotted a shiny spot in the dirt. It was a primer sitting sideways almost buried. Got to thinking, hasn't been any reloading or messing with supplies in 5 years. Everything is in boxes in a storage unit. I threw it in the fire. A few seconds later it fired, sending ash everywhere.

I've heard that spraying live primers with WD-40 will kill them. My first time decapping live primers I sprayed them. I put 2 paper towels in a jar, added the primers and 2 small silica packs. 3 months later I reloaded with a few of them. All fired.

574mag

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Osceola IN
    Good to know. I had some that kinda got crunched when I was loading some 7.62. Took them back out and pitched them. Maybe they would have worked?!

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    NormaUsa has small pistol primers again for $50.00 a thousand with Free Ship option.

Small Pistol Primers Made in Argentina​

BackFromDC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 19, 2023
    Jeffersonville
    Have you gotten your Republic order yet? Happy?
    I've been pretty happy with them so far. I just ordered some more of my go-to primers to stock up on. They always have the Bosnian Ginex, and recently has been stocking this Indonesian Exakt brand (which I think is re-branded Russian stuff to avoid import bans) which have previously worked ok.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I've been pretty happy with them so far. I just ordered some more of my go-to primers to stock up on. They always have the Bosnian Ginex, and recently has been stocking this Indonesian Exakt brand (which I think is re-branded Russian stuff to avoid import bans) which have previously worked ok.
    Interesting point, they very well may be.
    Thanks.

Top Bottom