• ...and so much more!
  • indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    TG, if you can, I recommend having your credit card always handy and bookmarking the exact pages at Midway, Brownells, Midsouth, Natchez etc for the items you want. I randomly check those websites anytime the spirit moves me when I'm at a computer, and the times I have successfully ordered primers it was because I discovered they were available via that method before the email notifications even reached me
    I do something similar. In Firefox, I have all those primer pages bookmarked and in their own folder. When I want to check I right click that folder and choose open all in tabs. They all open and load at the same time so I can check them instantly.

I bookmarked midway, Midsouth, brownells, natchezss, grafs, etc.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This also works. They also have a paid version that runs on their servers and checks even when you dont have your browser open. You go to the page, highlight the text you want to watch (typically where the web page says "out of stock") and wait. Eventually it emails you to say the page changed (presumably to say available, click to add to cart, etc) and you can swoop in and order.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    After 27 years in the Army my skin is thick and calloused but I don't take crap from anyone either. The $70/1000 price listed above is current supplier pricing. My licensed loading friend received his last 100K order a couple months ago.
    That's exactly what I was told by one of the local shops. They sold me 1k Federal SPP for $70 after I bought 3rd can from them after Christmas.

These were kept in the back, never put on the shelf.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What happens when that backorder drags on for months? I'll tell you. People get on social media and forums and drag the dealer that took the pre-orders or they don't show for weeks to close out or the order goes unfilled by a distributor shipment after shipment or prices change drastically before its filled. Pre-orders in this market environment are lose lose for the retailer.
    And devoting the time to keep track of all that is and can be overwhelming. This shop is a husband and wife team. They work hard and steady at the tasks at hand. Being a small business is tough as hell in this insane market.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    This also works. They also have a paid version that runs on their servers and checks even when you dont have your browser open. You go to the page, highlight the text you want to watch (typically where the web page says "out of stock") and wait. Eventually it emails you to say the page changed (presumably to say available, click to add to cart, etc) and you can swoop in and order.

Need to be careful with Distill settings. To many 'refreshes' and the web sites will block your IP as they see it as 'bots'. You have to find the 'sweet spot' in frequency so you don't get blocked. Just a FYI... YMMV.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    And devoting the time to keep track of all that is and can be overwhelming. This shop is a husband and wife team. They work hard and steady at the tasks at hand. Being a small business is tough as hell in this insane market.
    And you won't find 2 more honest people at a gun counter anywhere. I don't get over to there often working in Cincinnati but I am a huge bobcat fan

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    :horse:

Again... :horse::horse:

Again... :horse::horse::horse:

Primers... Primers... Primers...

I know of 2 small local LGS' within 25 miles of me that have not had primers for over almost 2 years now. It really shows how and who folks/dealers/etc are sourcing their components from. Its sad. I dont even stop by anymore to hear them fuss.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Where did Dinney from Dennie’s go? I was having a good laugh reading any words he put together.

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    I have been going to Bobcat Armament for years and have spent TEN's of thousands of dollars with them! They have ALWAYS treated me well and do a stellar job trying to get components in. I can always call Kimball with a question or concern and he will help me as much as possible. Reloaders are some of the most cheap bastards in the world! Keep in mind BA is running a business with a store front. They are also local and have most anything equipment wise in stock so we should support our local brick n mortar stores. Supply and demand is REAL! Bass Pro is selling primers from $90-$140 so $175/K to a local small business with a family to support isn't bad. Many guys will drive thousands of miles to just save 10cents a gallon on gas...Makes no sense!
    If you think Bobcats prices are too high, then stop your bitchin and buy them online so you can pay HazMat. I need to get back in to Bobcat with a list of things I am needing so THANK YOU OP. You just sent them more business! I haven't been in there for 10 months or so due to family health issues but look forward to it.

Ryan W.

guardman7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    I've heard good things about them, but thats pretty steep pricing even for today's market. I laugh at "gunbroker" quotes because sellers on there always start rediculously high incase someone is dumb enough to pay their initial ask. So 99% of stuff on there never actually sells...

Top Bottom