• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    After 27 years in the Army my skin is thick and calloused but I don't take crap from anyone either. The $70/1000 price listed above is current supplier pricing. My licensed loading friend received his last 100K order a couple months ago.
    You will meet many oh here that are the same. If they are available for that price tell us where to get them. If not it is just whining. Not exactly sure what a licensed loading friend is but if he can buy wholesale that is certainly not a reason to bash a retailer who likely buys from a distributor…

Dinny

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2015
    Trafalgar
    You will meet many oh here that are the same. If they are available for that price tell us where to get them. If not it is just whining. Not exactly sure what a licensed loading friend is but if he can buy wholesale that is certainly not a reason to bash a retailer who likely buys from a distributor…
    I think you're misunderstanding my point. Black Hills Shooting Supply has recently sold primers for $50/1000 to ammunition manufacturers like my friend. Anyone selling for $175 is either paying too much for their inventory or charging too much.

In the case of Bobcat, I don't know what they're paying so I can't say they're gouging and I'm certainly not bashing them. They may be paying a premium just to have some available for their more affluent customers.

What I am confident saying is that someone is making a huge profit and as long as people pay those prices nothing will change.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    After 27 years in the Army my skin is thick and calloused but I don't take crap from anyone either. The $70/1000 price listed above is current supplier pricing. My licensed loading friend received his last 100K order a couple months ago.
    That isn't saying much since 2010 we have the most sensitive military in the world. Sensitivity training several times a year so they don't say something that might hurt someone's feelings. If they do say something politically incorrect they are kicking them out nowadays. Must be thin skined and sensitive to be in the military now days.

Dinny

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2015
    Trafalgar
    DadSmith,
    If you can't back the military then you should stand in front of them. Have a fine day not speaking Pashtu or Dari. You certainly would be forced to speak one of those languages if it weren't for the brave men and women serving in today's military.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    DadSmith,
    If you can't back the military then you should stand in front of them. Have a fine day not speaking Pashtu or Dari. You certainly would be forced to speak one of those languages if it weren't for the brave men and women serving in today's military.
    Hit the like by mistake. One can back the military but at the same time tell it like it is. I do that a lot these days.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I’m sorry for your plight, but CM and others were frequently advising the faithful to stock up, you only have one option because you missed the window for your other options.
    I bought what I could, when I could. I think I have about 400 small pistol, and 200 small rifle left and about 7lb of various powder left. My problem is l need a rifle powder I don't have, and large rifle primers I don't have. Just sitting on notification lists for the online guys hoping I can jump fast enough.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I bought what I could, when I could. I think I have about 400 small pistol, and 200 small rifle left and about 7lb of various powder left. My problem is l need a rifle powder I don't have, and large rifle primers I don't have. Just sitting on notification lists for the online guys hoping I can jump fast enough.

Ammoseek if you aren't using it already.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    I have been on those notify lists. Never notified about squat. I have built a supply checking Midway brownells powder valley and Natchez daily. Yea its pricey but....you will find them from time to time. When you do dont think long. They last half a day at best

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    and its how to limit consumption.

Imagine a hurricane is coming. prices stay the same. Some jerkwad walks into the store and cleans the shelf of all D batteries. Enough for his devices to run for a month, even though power will only be out for 3 days to a week, tops. . "But you cant be too careful!"

Meanwhile everyone behind him cant get ANY batteries to run their lights. At all.

Now when those batteries are priced accordingly to demand, the first guy looks at the cost and says "whoa. Thats salty. Maybe I dont need a months worth of batteries. I'll take a weeks worth". And everyone behind him is able to do the same.

So inflated prices during a shortage and/or emergency isnt necessarily a bad thing.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    If you want primers, powder, bullets, etc for reloading, sign up for the "reloading discord" and watch it ALL day 24/7 for weeks and do not hesitate if what you desire comes up. Otherwise getting primers is very hit or miss...mostly miss.

https://discord.com/channels/747651901218226276/747892314248183868

It also helps to stay signed in to the 6 or so most likely websites.

Consider yourselves warned that the discord is the devil and will eat your time and money.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    and its how to limit consumption.

Imagine a hurricane is coming. prices stay the same. Some jerkwad walks into the store and cleans the shelf of all D batteries. Enough for his devices to run for a month, even though power will only be out for 3 days to a week, tops. . "But you cant be too careful!"

Meanwhile everyone behind him cant get ANY batteries to run their lights. At all.

Now when those batteries are priced accordingly to demand, the first guy looks at the cost and says "whoa. Thats salty. Maybe I dont need a months worth of batteries. I'll take a weeks worth". And everyone behind him is able to do the same.

So inflated prices during a shortage and/or emergency isnt necessarily a bad thing.
    Simple economic principles at work. They just don’t resonate with the emotional, that yell, that ain’t fair.

It also does not encourage a guy to go to Sams and load up on batteries and take them to where they are needed. Supplying a need and making a profit is not gouging…

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    DadSmith,
    1642564454741.png

Hey thanks for your insightful post! Be sure to come back and post again, we certainly appreciate you contributions.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    If you want primers, powder, bullets, etc for reloading, sign up for the "reloading discord" and watch it ALL day 24/7 for weeks and do not hesitate if what you desire comes up. Otherwise getting primers is very hit or miss...mostly miss.

https://discord.com/channels/747651901218226276/747892314248183868

It also helps to stay signed in to the 6 or so most likely websites.

Consider yourselves warned that the discord is the devil and will eat your time and money.
    I tried the discord thing about a year ago... You are right, time and money. Didn't care to watch it 24/7.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I'll take it a step farther, they are not only a good thing but a necessary one and for exactly the reasons you mentioned. Were price increases the first resort instead of the last one when facing panic buying and unsupportable demand, shortages would be a lotter shorter in duration.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    TG, if you can, I recommend having your credit card always handy and bookmarking the exact pages at Midway, Brownells, Midsouth, Natchez etc for the items you want. I randomly check those websites anytime the spirit moves me when I'm at a computer, and the times I have successfully ordered primers it was because I discovered they were available via that method before the email notifications even reached me

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I tried the discord thing about a year ago... You are right, time and money. Didn't care to watch it 24/7.

Ammoseek is better. From what I have seen, the stuff that shows up on discord also shows up on ammoseek. With ammoseek, it can text you when what you want shows up. That's how I have been getting primers for months.

Top Bottom