• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    My RCBS swagger is down for the count after many years. What are you all using to swag your primer pockets. Basically removing crimps on primer pockets.

gabrigger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Wayne County
    My RCBS swagger is down for the count after many years. What are you all using to swag your primer pockets. Basically removing crimps on primer pockets.
    I started with a Dillon Super Swage 600, but have moved to a Swage-It unit mounted on a Dillon 550. It makes quick work of crimps and I can completely process brass progressively on the press.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Thanks for the recommendation. Problem is I can't find a SS 600 in stock anywhere. So I guess I'll have to dig out the old hand held pocket reamer.

Warsaw214

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Warsaw
    Swage-it on XL750 with Lee Universal Decapper... Deprime and Swage for 9mm and 223. I use a RCBS single stage for quick inprocess swaging just in case there's a need to re-swage something while reloading with XL750

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    Swage-it on XL750 with Lee Universal Decapper... Deprime and Swage for 9mm and 223. I use a RCBS single stage for quick inprocess swaging just in case there's a need to re-swage something while reloading with XL750
    How’s well is your Swage It working for you? I’ve got one on my 650 using a similar setup to yours.

Decap on 1 , swage on 2, and trim on 4.

i still run into quite a few cases that crush primers while loading. I emailed Swage It and they basically told me it happens.

canebreaker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    I picked up a grinder bit in the welding section of my local hardware store. Had the grind the tip off a bit for a better fit. Chuck it in my battery operated drill and do a few hundred in an hour.

MrWizard

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2018
    Indianapolis
    How’s well is your Swage It working for you? I’ve got one on my 650 using a similar setup to yours.

Decap on 1 , swage on 2, and trim on 4.

i still run into quite a few cases that crush primers while loading. I emailed Swage It and they basically told me it happens.
    That sounds like quite the setup! Are you running the RT1500 to trim? I was thinking on throwing a little brushed motor on a Lee quick trim to see if I can’t automate a little without dropping the big bucks on the Dillon trimmer.

Bummer about the swage it though. Offhand, what percentage would you say get crushed?

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    That sounds like quite the setup! Are you running the RT1500 to trim? I was thinking on throwing a little brushed motor on a Lee quick trim to see if I can’t automate a little without dropping the big bucks on the Dillon trimmer.

Bummer about the swage it though. Offhand, what percentage would you say get crushed?
    Yeah I like the setup quite a bit! I’m using the HoneyBadger router adapter as my trimmer. I get a variable speed motor and I had the router to fit it already so it was cheaper initially. Plus all the RT1500’s were out of stock.

I have a setup to trim 223 and a setup to convert 223 into 300 blackout all on the 650.

As far as percentage goes it kind of depends on headstamp. Lake City stuff seemed to Swage really well and I would say 1 in 50. Federal cases are more like 1 in 10.

ilcaveman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    elizabeth
    I have the dillon and installed a spring on it to flip them off when I release the handle. I have a cardboard box I use to catch them. I saw a video on it, works great and fast.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I was thinking about getting this setup, how do you like it?
    Works like a dream. It'll work about 98% as fast as I can move the handle (the case wiggles a little when you change direction that needs a .1s pause to stabilize. Probably 70-80 cases a minute if I stay in the groove but I haven't timed it.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I currently have Dillons in 550, 650 & Super 1050.

• I have used the Dillon 600, good for small ammounts imo.
    • I have used a 650 with the swageit adapter & it worked well, had to keep an eye on the mounting screws as they would have a tendancy to backout. I would put a dab of lube on the swager tip from time to time.
    • I currently use the 1050 for processing, it is a little finicky with primer suckback. Have RT1200's for .223 & .308, RT1500 for 300bo
    Was thinking about the lee to give it a shot

Top Bottom