• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Epicenity

shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    Do you think that queer theory as practiced gasslights people into thinking they might be trans? I kinda think that chart doesn't prove your case. Instead you have to deny that queer theory is being practiced.

There is only one type of transexual. Those who truly have gender dysphoria. And that's very rare. The rest is just woke nonsense unsupported by real ass science. Theory-grifters can certainly gaslight people into thinking they are just about anything.

Gender is a spectrum between feminine and masculine. Sex is male or female. You're not *a* gender. You're somewhere along the spectrum of feminine to masculine. The former is influenced by nature and nurture. The latter is purely nature. It's biology. It's fixed. A male can be more feminine. A female can be more masculine. That doesn't change their sex.

But anyway, males are most typically on the masculine side of the spectrum. Females are typically on the feminine side of the spectrum. That is not primarily because of social constructs. It's primarily because of biology, though it's also somewhat social as well. A male can be conditioned to be more feminine. A female can be conditioned to be more masculine. If left to hormones, they'll be what they are.

People who have real ass gender dysphoria are uncomfortable with their genitals because they feel like they're the opposite sex. It's a psychological condition. That's not disparaging, it's just the case. Their dysphoria does not change their biology. We won't even get into the efficacy of gender affirming therapies. The point is, real transgenderism is that. Gender dysphoria.

The point is, it appears to be your assertion that the number of people who have real gender dysphoria has not actually increased, but that as trans has become more acceptable, more and more people are self-reporting, so it makes the cases go up. I think that's probably true to an extent. But given the delusions out there of gender fluidity, the self-reporting problem is quite small.

TicTok is full of delusional examples of these ideologically possessed people feigning to decide what gender they feel like today. THAT is purely a social construct. If left to nature, they'd be quite stable in where in the gender spectrum they are. Queer theory practice in the classroom socially constructs the **** that fills their brains.

Let these kids grow up normally. It's called normal for a reason. It's what has evolved from the beginning. It's nature that has made men, men; and women, women. Not the patriarchy. :rolleyes:
    I do think the term trans gets misused. The post I quoted was dubious that the LGBT people increased from 2 to 16%, it wasn't about such an increase in just transgender people. Experience tells me there are a great many more "not 100% straight" people than 2%. I have spent a lifetime watching how religious thugs, viciously dictate who people are allowed to love. A good example is Allen Turing, the scientist that helped crack German encryption in WW2. He without doubt helped to defeat Germany but was prosecuted for being gay. People don't honestly talk about who they are in that kind of environment.

Also that chart isn't meant to PROVE the point, it's just and example of a similar thing. Also, while sex and gender are separate things, I do not think 100% of people are strictly male or female. To be clear I'm talking about from the point of view of the brain. So far as I can tell all brains start out as female. As a male develops in the womb, the mother's body delivers different hormones to the fetus that "masculinizes" it. I think variance from the typical delivery is how transgender people are made. Studies have shown transgender brains are more similar to the sex they identify as. I also think that male and female brains are the default, but nature doesn't do mathematically perfect binaries. There is always scatter in nature, it's bi-modal, not binary. Bodies are not strictly binary either. Intersex people are as common as red headed people.

Transgender people are just the latest bogey man being used by the far-right to keep people angry and scared and voting for them. There's no "trans agenda" or mass child grooming. That's just Tucker Carlson BS to get ratings. Add trans people to the list moral panics including women voting, "the jews", blacks raping white women, satanic music, gays etc.

Epicenity

shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    They are just more open. Kind of like how inter-racial marriages were less common before 1967, but then, lo and behold, it became more common when laws banning it were deemed unconstitutional. Inter racial attraction didn't increase.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I do think the term trans gets misused. The post I quoted was dubious that the LGBT people increased from 2 to 16%, it wasn't about such an increase in just transgender people. Experience tells me there are a great many more "not 100% straight" people than 2%. I have spent a lifetime watching how religious thugs, viciously dictate who people are allowed to love. A good example is Allen Turing, the scientist that helped crack German encryption in WW2. He without doubt helped to defeat Germany but was prosecuted for being gay. People don't honestly talk about who they are in that kind of environment.

Also that chart isn't meant to PROVE the point, it's just and example of a similar thing. Also, while sex and gender are separate things, I do not think 100% of people are strictly male or female. To be clear I'm talking about from the point of view of the brain. So far as I can tell all brains start out as female. As a male develops in the womb, the mother's body delivers different hormones to the fetus that "masculinizes" it. I think variance from the typical delivery is how transgender people are made. Studies have shown transgender brains are more similar to the sex they identify as. I also think that male and female brains are the default, but nature doesn't do mathematically perfect binaries. There is always scatter in nature, it's bi-modal, not binary. Bodies are not strictly binary either. Intersex people are as common as red headed people.

Transgender people are just the latest bogey man being used by the far-right to keep people angry and scared and voting for them. There's no "trans agenda" or mass child grooming. That's just Tucker Carlson BS to get ratings. Add trans people to the list moral panics including women voting, "the jews", blacks raping white women, satanic music, gays etc.
    I have never once watch Tucker. Matter of fact I have not watched any TV news in about 15 years. I am not religious. I am not a Republican.
    I can clearly see grooming though. When companies like State Farm are buying books for elementary schools to convince a child with no ideas formed about sexuality that they are trans,that is grooming. When adult males("trans") ride and twerk nude in front of crowds of children and parents,that is grooming.
    If you can not see it,you do not want to see it.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm skeptical that it's 16%. Perhaps in your experience, the primary examples that come to your mind might be in an area more accepting of LGBT, so they tend to live in that area. For example, I would not be surprised if 40% of Californians were LGBT. California has historically had a lot of transplants from all over the country, because of weather, Hollywood, opportunities, and whatnot. I suspect that LGBT people from more conservative areas would tend to migrate there. So, though certainly some of your experience might be due to people feeling more free to express themselves as LGBT, it's reasonable to say your experience might also be due to where you live. Unless you live in Missippi. it's probably closer to 0.01% that would admit it.

Also that chart isn't meant to PROVE the point, it's just and example of a similar thing.

I understand you used it to to illustrate the mechanism.

Also, while sex and gender are separate things, I do not think 100% of people are strictly male or female. To be clear I'm talking about from the point of view of the brain. So far as I can tell all brains start out as female. As a male develops in the womb, the mother's body delivers different hormones to the fetus that "masculinizes" it. I think variance from the typical delivery is how transgender people are made.

The dna is fixed at the zygote state. So its sex is already determined. But, I too have read that during development our brains start out as female, and then get wiser become more masculine for males as it develops. So then I think "trans" people could be cases where that process goes wrong. I think it's probably something in the brain that is different. But that's a far cry from the absolute nutty things that the trans-activists push. "gender-fluid" is utter ideological nonsense. I think that the activists are exploiting transgender people for their own political goals. Real ass transgenderism is pretty rare.

Back to my skepticism about 16%. I suspect there are more gays than 2%. Not anywhere near 16%. I think the number that has really increased is in the T's, and not the real ass T's. It's in the number of indoctrinated ideologues who've been brainwashed into queer theory.

Studies have shown transgender brains are more similar to the sex they identify as. I also think that male and female brains are the default, but nature doesn't do mathematically perfect binaries. There is always scatter in nature, it's bi-modal, not binary. Bodies are not strictly binary either. Intersex people are as common as red headed people.

Intersex is not transgender. It's a physical developmental defect, whereas I don't think anyone knows for sure what transgender is, other than that it is in their head.

But speaking of redheads, I guess we could call that a developmental defect? :): A redheaded woman is a destroyer of men's souls.

But 1-2% intersex? I'm pretty sure I read somewhere recently that intersex is more like 0.02%. And that percentage contains people who have abnormal sex chromosomes and those who have normal sex chromosomes, but their phenotype doesn't match. But regardless of the commonality, I think it would be incorrect to say that intersex belongs in the category that we're talking about. And what I'm trying to do is separate what is genuinely supportable through real science, from what is ideological nonsense, supported by postmodern social studies.

Now here I thought you were posting in good faith. I think the right does tend to be weary of things out of the ordinary. It's a temperament. I wouldn't say there's a "trans agenda" as it relates to real trans people. I think they mostly want to be left alone and not mocked or bullied or used by ideologues.

But in terms of trans-activists, yes. There is an agenda. They've proclaimed it. I've read some of their own literature written from the ivory towers. And that last sentence is full of as much straw bull **** as one could fit into an idea. I think both sides could stand to learn more about the other. You're (I'm assuming from a left wing perspective) no more savvy about them and what they really think than you think they are about you.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    They are just more open. Kind of like how inter-racial marriages were less common before 1967, but then, lo and behold, it became more common when laws banning it were deemed unconstitutional. Inter racial attraction didn't increase.
    Like I said in the above post, yeah, I think they're more open. I think your point is more valid for gays, though, than it is for trans. I think a large number of trans people today, especially the ones who have obviously made up genders, say they're trans because they're ideologically possessed.

Top Bottom