Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood

Ok, that is a worldwide statistic

Global Trans murders 375
    Global Population 2021 7,874,965,825

375 ÷ 7874965825 = 0.0000000476, or less than 1 in 20 million, and your own cite says 70% of those were in South and Central America and a high percentage of them were sex workers. It may surprise you to know that sex workers in general have a higher probability of death by misadventure whether they are gender delusional or not

There were 1171 people struck and killed by lightning in 2021. That problem is 3x as bad. We should obviously fix that first

And that isn't even taking into consideration that the number of trans murders has pretty much nothing to do with your original subject of laws affecting whether minor children should be given puberty blockers because they are under the delusion that they are trans
    Dude, a friend of mine from church who served and got hurt, then worked for IMPD and got hurt real bad, was sitting in the passenger seat during the real bad thunderstorm a few weeks back.

Lightning struck pavement in front of their car, exploded the asphalt with the force of 100 sticks of dynamite and then a chunk flew the windshield and took out his eye!?!

Almost lost both eyes.

Anyway, back to the discussion. :)

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    Note patterns, when pressed goes on tangent, doesn’t address questions, “look it up yourself,” straw man arguments, only biased sources, emotional reaction, attack the source, attack the messenger.

Never address the actual point.

While there are issues with the conduct of some behavior at pride parades, mostly the issues are in relation to the exposure of children to a libertine sexual ideology. Whether through instruction, social media or IRL interactions, there are dangerous lines being quickly crossed with little regard for all children or their parents.

Things need to be age appropriate and broadly culturally sensitive.

Children need to be protected from experimental, life altering medical treatments.

I don’t care intellectually what mentally competent adults do consensually with each other. Morally, I pray for all sinners souls.

Do care what people do in public and in front of children.
    Yeah, trying to explain to my 7 year old son why the woman at the register has a beard.

He said she looked like a leprechaun.

That’s what I’m calling them from now on.

Bunch of leprechauns!

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Yeah, trying to explain to my 7 year old son why the woman at the register has a beard.

He said she looked like a leprechaun.

That’s what I’m calling them from now on.

Bunch of leprechauns!

Hormone imbalance... there are women who grow facial hair as part of their genetic heritage.

Just agreeing that they could be related to leprechauns would do in that instance. Though there's no pot of gold at the end of that rainbow.

There are many things we have to explain to children that we'd maybe rather not have to.

That veteran missing limbs, bald cancer patients, the breast cancer survivor missing a breast, disfigurements from accidents, that funny uncle who likes GLOCKS.

Teachable moments for both them and ourselves.

Now, if they are doing things I'd have problems straight people or couples doing in public, that's another matter. Casual PDA could be tolerated, even if it leads to awkward questions, 'cause equal rights and against giving the state that power.

And I'm fine with there being a designated freak fest parade or whatever. Look at the straight up debauchery that goes on during Mardi Gras or Spring Break. Time, place and audience ought to determine the norms. I think many Pride Parade participants go to far and others do not correct them.

Wouldn't want my children exposed to either of those. If you don't want you and yours exposed to it, you avoid those places and those times.

Last edited:

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I wonder when conservatives will accept that tolerance isn't working out. Or if they'll continue their limp wristed capitulation even in the face of nonsense we see today?

First it was: "What 2 adults do in private in the bedroom is none of your business"

Then it was: "They deserve to get married, because marriage has legal benefits"

Then: "Of course you have the bake a cake for their wedding, bigot"

And now: "If we can't sexually mutilate your children and teach them about the right diet for anal sex, you're a backwards radical extremist religious nutcase and a nazi"

Tolerance isn't getting us anywhere, it's just allowing them to move the goal post and radicalize in more invasive ways.
    Believe me, real conservatives know This. The ones you are describing are RINOs at best and left wing infiltrators at worst.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Dude, a friend of mine from church who served and got hurt, then worked for IMPD and got hurt real bad, was sitting in the passenger seat during the real bad thunderstorm a few weeks back.

Lightning struck pavement in front of their car, exploded the asphalt with the force of 100 sticks of dynamite and then a chunk flew the windshield and took out his eye!?!

Almost lost both eyes.

Anyway, back to the discussion. :)
    My wife's uncle was struck at least twice, I think 3 times by lighting. Commercial HVAC in Kansas City, lots of time spent on roofs trying to get the job done before the rain starts.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Believe me, real conservatives know This. The ones you are describing are RINOs at best and left wing infiltrators at worst.

From my perspective, most of our society is pretty tolerant. Where the friction is, is where they demand affirmation, and acceptance.

The first keeps our society civil. I believe we are all generally for tolerance in public. Subject to common decency let's say.

The later leads to coercion and loss of liberty. Which naturally upsets people, to put it lightly.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    From my perspective, most of our society is pretty tolerant. Where the friction is, is where they demand affirmation, and acceptance.

The first keeps our society civil. I believe we are all generally for tolerance in public. Subject to common decency let's say.

The later leads to coercion and loss of liberty. Which naturally upsets people, to put it lightly.
    I'm a "live and let live" kind of person and most people are. We can agree that I will live one way, you live another.

I'll be polite and respectful, even friendly to just about anyone in any standard social interaction. Not a problem.

But this isn't about politeness and respect. It's about demands of overt pledges of affirmation and demands of agreement to indoctrination at younger and younger ages.

If it was just about people living their private lives however they want without foisting it on others, there would be no issue.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I wonder when conservatives will accept that tolerance isn't working out. Or if they'll continue their limp wristed capitulation even in the face of nonsense we see today?

First it was: "What 2 adults do in private in the bedroom is none of your business"

Then it was: "They deserve to get married, because marriage has legal benefits"

Then: "Of course you have the bake a cake for their wedding, bigot"

And now: "If we can't sexually mutilate your children and teach them about the right diet for anal sex, you're a backwards radical extremist religious nutcase and a nazi"

Tolerance isn't getting us anywhere, it's just allowing them to move the goal post and radicalize in more invasive ways.
    "If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may be even a worse fate, you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Winston Churchill

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I’m not talking about civility, it has been a “good” discussion, I just can’t believe some of the retarded logic I’ve read, and that it’s not just immediately shot down. I mean, it is, but he just keeps coming back.
    That’s kind of why I’ve stayed out of it, because it has remained civil and I would certainly ruin that.
    I find him to echo the progressives I meet in everyday situations. They have a reflexive and instinctive belief that their worldview is correct and if one does ANYTHING of which they disapprove we are obviously the ones who are in the wrong

Just the other night a young 'woman' ran a red light in order to right turn on red in front of me without a stop, then proceeded to drive erratically and 28 in a 35 playing with her phone. I passed her in a marked, legal passing zone and she sped up when she saw what was happening but was to late to prevent it. She followed me several blocks into the gas station that was my destination so she could cuss me out for passing her. When I explained my viewpoint she appeared to think that 30ish in a 35 behind an erratic, inattentive driver (who at one point almost ran up over the curb) was good enough and I should have been satisfied with that. She then cursed me and threw an empty pop can at me, finally telling me to shut up before she ran over me

I thought about mentioning that casually threatening bodily harm in a state where more than 20% of the people are armed (including myself at the time) might not be a wise choice, but times being what they are I demurred. I told her that she shouldn't be so upset over Roe v Wade being overturned because I thought the likelihood of anyone wanting to have sex with her was quite slim and to have a nice day

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    Hormone imbalance... there are women who grow facial hair as part of their genetic heritage.

Just agreeing that they could be related to leprechauns would do in that instance. Though there's no pot of gold at the end of that rainbow.

There are many things we have to explain to children that we'd maybe rather not have to.

That veteran missing limbs, bald cancer patients, the breast cancer survivor missing a breast, disfigurements from accidents, that funny uncle who likes GLOCKS.

Teachable moments for both them and ourselves.

Now, if they are doing things I'd have problems straight people or couples doing in public, that's another matter. Casual PDA could be tolerated, even if it leads to awkward questions, 'cause equal rights and against giving the state that power.

And I'm fine with there being a designated freak fest parade or whatever. Look at the straight up debauchery that goes on during Mardi Gras or Spring Break. Time, place and audience ought to determine the norms. I think many Pride Parade participants go to far and others do not correct them.

Wouldn't want my children exposed to either of those. If you don't want you and yours exposed to it, you avoid those places and those times.
    Yeah, I was half joking. He did say leprechaun (later). I didn’t encourage it lol.

Always have to teach them to be kind and ask me questions afterwards lol.

I’m always telling him certain things are inappropriate (things he’s doing lol), then he sees someone doing it in public and calls them out lol.

It’s just so pervasive and much more in your face.

Especially this June.

Look, the point of all this is that they’re trying to normalize super abnormal behavior.

But the Pride crowd has always been a community that is pushing the moral public envelope.

We will just keep having more and more of this crowd going further and further away.

All the while, the media, social media, corporations that target children, half the political system (probably more), are all out to promote this to our children.

Thank God President Trump put so many good judges on the bench.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think we have to give @Epicenity a lot of credit here. Usually people who have the perspective he has don’t make it very long here. They tend to get a lot of pushback from all directions and usually lose their composure.

Anyone remember the shoe guy? I can’t remember his screen name but he was really into shoes. He went out in a blaze of glory.
    I remember him vividly but also cannot recall his INGO name, but he was REALLY into shoes - like in fetish territory - and could not cope when others were not. He should have sought out INSL (INdiana Shoe Lovers), or started it if it did not exist

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No. RINOs believe that they are compromising conservatives that are doing the right thing. Infiltrators know they are lying and have intent to help their fellow communists.
    17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    ude, a friend of mine from church who served and got hurt, then worked for IMPD and got hurt real bad, was sitting in the passenger seat during the real bad thunderstorm a few weeks back.

Almost lost both eyes.

My wife's uncle was struck at least twice, I think 3 times by lighting. Commercial HVAC in Kansas City, lots of time spent on roofs trying to get the job done before the rain starts.

Added to my list of people to NOT be around.
    Sounds dangerous.
    I hate dangerous.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I find him to echo the progressives I meet in everyday situations. They have a reflexive and instinctive belief that their worldview is correct and if one does ANYTHING of which they disapprove we are obviously the ones who are in the wrong
    This. Something I’ve noticed about some of the more progressive people in my life, family, work, friends, is that they speak as if they think of themselves as the norm. As if their thinking is the default. As if they are the reasonable and moderate ones, and that there is no legitimate criticism of the way they view the world. I think this is the result of living in an information bubble where their views are never challenged.

I have a niece who is getting sort of red-pilled lately. But she still has this sense that hers is the default position. We had a discussion about how on both sides of an argument is some truth. And that it’s better to acknowledge the things that the other side can teach you. But it’s hard to do that because we don’t like the other side to be right about anything.

So not long after that she asked my opinion about some paper she wrote. Don’t remember the class but probably one of the freshman sociology classes. The paper was about income inequality. It was extraordinarily one sided and favored the usual stuff like taxing the rich.

I brought up our discussion about how there’s always something that the other side is right about. And asked her if she had looked for valid points contrary to her main points. She said, no. There aren’t any. So I mentioned a few that were contrary to the idea of taxing the rich. She actually asked me to stop because she was getting angry, because I was giving her information that she’s not used to hearing, and using it to dismantle some of her assumptions.

I had a similar experience with others. Just recently with my SIL she preached climate change and praised Greta, goddess of unhinged climate marxism. So after she laid down her precepts of how the world must proceed from here, I asked her what criticisms from the other side that she’s considered. She declared there aren’t any.

Top Bottom