• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    Economists say costs from rising gas prices, a spike in commodity prices, increased imports by China, heavy midwest crop damage, and other factors are all getting passed on to retail consumers.

There it is again, commodities going higher......I do not believe ammo is going to get any cheaper.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have had price increases every month since January on my new RV's when/if I can even get them. I am expecting one for May and June as well. By June my cost will have gone up over 20 percent in six months.

Thats a fun one to explain to the customer.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Just look at the price of lumber. 2x4s are at or over $10 each. Used vehicle prices going up, due to the inability to build new vehicles because of parts shortages. Electronics going up due to no chips. Fuel and grocery prices going up. Companies moving jobs to Mexico and China.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Everyone I talk to has some sort of shortage going on in their industry. Plastics, circuit boards, backhoe teeth, whatever, everyone has something. But it just doesn't seem like anyone has connected the dots yet, it certainly hasn't made the news. I suppose when it makes the news it is old news.
    Deere and Case have told their mechanics and customers to not tear anything apart until they confirm that they have parts to fix breakdowns. That's living on the edge. I can't see how we'll not go over.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have had price increases every month since January on my new RV's when/if I can even get them. I am expecting one for May and June as well. By June my cost will have gone up over 20 percent in six months.

Thats a fun one to explain to the customer.
    My costs on an HVAC package for a residence has went due north since the Scamdemic. It is getting pretty hard to not pass this along but I can no longer absorb it.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Everyone I talk to has some sort of shortage going on in their industry. Plastics, circuit boards, backhoe teeth, whatever, everyone has something. But it just doesn't seem like anyone has connected the dots yet, it certainly hasn't made the news. I suppose when it makes the news it is old news.
    Deere and Case have told their mechanics and customers to not tear anything apart until they confirm that they have parts to fix breakdowns. That's living on the edge. I can't see how we'll not go over.
    Definitely getting harder to get parts in the transmission industry. Not just electronics, some hard parts too.

My supplier for instance cant get transmission filters for a Dodge 68rfe trans. They've had 12k backordered for 4 months. Lead frames/conductor plates for a ford 6R80, 1200 backordered since January. Parts for Dodge transfer cases are unobtainable right now. A used transfer case with 100k miles is more than what a brand new one from Fiat(Dodge) would cost, if you could buy one. I could list lots of other ones, but I'm definitely seeing parts harder to come by, which will obviously relate to increased costs

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan

"The Producer Price Index for final demand increased 1.0 percent in March, seasonally adjusted,
    the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Final demand prices rose 0.5 percent in
    February and 1.3 percent in January. (See table A.) On an unadjusted basis, the final demand
    index moved up 4.2 percent for the 12 months ended in March, the largest advance since rising
    4.5 percent for the 12 months ended September 2011.

In March, almost 60 percent of the increase in the index for final demand can be traced to a 1.7-
    percent advance in prices for final demand goods. The index for final demand services moved up
    0.7 percent.

Prices for final demand less foods, energy, and trade services rose 0.6 percent in March
    following an increase of 0.2 percent in February. For the 12 months ended in March, the index
    for final demand less foods, energy, and trade services moved up 3.1 percent, the largest advance
    since climbing 3.1 percent for the 12 months ended September 2018."

1618392100027.png

Anybody remember what was going on in 2008?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My brain added a comma when reading that and I immediately thought "Holy crap! Who buys teeth? Thats gross!" :):

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I'll be more interested in the numbers after a couple of months after the shutdown monts get out of the data.

Demand took a real hit last year in March as we started the 15 days to stop the spread

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Aluminum prices are apparently through the roof too. Decided to start budgeting for a new 16' boat to replace my 12' so Im not as cramped with the kids, and possibly bring a couple friends with. Holy cow. $5,200 for a basic no frills rowboat. (Lund) Boat only, no customizations, trailer or accessories. Yikes.

Top Bottom