• ...and so much more!
  • HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    I went by the pawn that showed the $220 Ruger 10/22
    Only one they had was a $490 engraved wood model WOW!
    I asked about the other one they showed in stock
    What you see is what we have was the answer
    Went to Lowes's & bought a new gas range for our house
    Nearly broke now & taxes are due very soon
    Joy Joy!

Indianapatriot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2022
    Indiana Fort Wayne
    I have had a half dozen of these over the last 40-50+ years
    Remember paying less than $200 back in the 80s & 90s for brand new ones
    All of the gun shops have several used & most want $350-$400
    Saw one locally listed for $220
    Think I might just have to stop bye & see what it is today
    I have a boat paddle stock & metal barrel band, triggers etc.
    Figure it is one of the newer ones with polymer trigger group because the serial # starts with 0002-22****
    Dates to 2014 by the online Ruger Serial # Lookup

Figure the gun shops are just gouging folks as normal
    Imagine they paid less than $100 for the used ones BUY SOME!
    View attachment 236988
    The gun shops always rip you off. You're better off selling private or selling at a gun show.

that was CHEAP!!!!! in this economic climate we're in
    I've had a couple Marlin 60s and they were excellent guns. I liked the 10/22 a little bit more because of the rotary mag

I went by the pawn that showed the $220 Ruger 10/22
    Only one they had was a $490 engraved wood model WOW!
    I asked about the other one they showed in stock
    What you see is what we have was the answer
    Went to Lowes's & bought a new gas range for our house
    Nearly broke now & taxes are due very soon
    Joy Joy!
    I've bought a couple guns from pawn shops in Texas, they were in good shape but you'll still pay a premium at a pawn shop.

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    It seems you are at the mercy of the gun shop sometimes
    I have sold a couple pistols there BUT they gave me more than I paid
    I have this thing about buying LOW
    Gunshows are a thing of the past
    Haven't been to one in over five years now since my ole buddy MeanMarcus passed away
    Now that my twin brother passed away, I am now the oldest person alive in my family, next to my Wife...

I will get with the manager of the pawn shop & give them the serial # & item number & let them search around for the 10/22
    Guess it's being held for someone, being it still shows IN STOCK
    Been through this several times before on handguns & guitars

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Lately I’ve seen a lot of used 10/22’s going for asking prices at about $299. I’m look at them astonished at that price and won’t buy at that price. Hopefully some day prices will ease a bit. Notice I said “hopefully”.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I bought a new (basic, factory, black synthetic stock) 10/22 in 2019 from a dealer at the Greenfield gun show and "after taxes [and 10min NICS check], out the door" it was $214.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Would like to come across a minty stainless 10/22 with aluminum trigger group for $200...
    Holy crap man, we all dream of that deal ... maybe you'll find an ingorant widow wanting to unload the stash of firearms her husband had squirreled away ... in the meantime, you really need to join the rest of us here in reality and just accept that the prices you are wanting to pay are looooong gone ... reality sucks, but that is what it is

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    Thinking back the house we grew up in cost $12,000 NEW in 1966
    It sold a couple years back for $175,000, of course I didn't get the money but know so
    That's crazy when you think it was lived in for 50+ years too
    That is way more than inflation has risen, close to 15-17 times the original value

STILL LOOKING FOR THAT 10/22
    New Gas Range was installed today, old one only lasted 32 years :yesway:
    Installed new in 1990

I will be baking a HUGE Turkey in it next week +

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    One of the "Black Friday" flyers I got from a distributor lists the sale price of basic 10/22s @ $252 before shipping. That's dealer wholesale price (on sale). I'd say if you can find a new one under $300, you're doing good.

I still remember when retail was $129.99 and you could get a used one for $75.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    If you are looking at the 300-400 price range hmmm.

I am going to ask you to think of maybe bumping it up to 400-500 range max 600. A factory 10/22 is always worth what a factory 10/22 sells for new.
    254-400.

Look for a Used one that was a good build. You need a reciever or what I like to call a serial numbered frame. The frame / reciever is the heart of the build

I see guy's (well a couple ladies) dive down the rabbit hole hard on these. They build one then another then start a third and sell the first. The start number four. Nice if you can hit the second to third build round as this is where they almost got it perfect and just a little more work and you have a 10/22 KING rifle. Most of these people who fall down the rabbit hole are constant upgrades.

So the above you can get at the 500-600 price range with a factory rifle and a trip to the 10/22 guy. My guy does great work he is rather inexpensive and only does 10/22's.

I have two 10/23's a factory stock heavy barrel target rifle and a Frankengun. The stock heavy barrel was sent to my 10/22 guy. He said it was a solid factory build and just did some trigger work. Everything was true and mated up perfect. It was when Galyan's closed down and in the very last price mark down before they auctioned everything off.

The frankengun was a gun show find. Started life as somebodies dream build with all volquartson parts and accessories. The guy was asking 1100 dollars the first show I saw him at. I offered 750. Saw it on the table for many shows and finally bought it at 850. Had way to much in the 22 so online I found a guy who wanted to start a build and had a 10/22 target for the reciever frame. Most of the frankengun and accessories are now on his build. I sent the reciever frame barrel and his parts to my 10/22 guy and he did his magic. Total in the frankengun is 440 including his work. It is an impressive little beast.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I had under 500 in my frankengun, like new, that did .4 at 50 yards (not counting scope).
    Nobody wanted it, so parted it out.
    Got my money back. Good enough.
    Funny when guys at work spent more for lesser stuff.
    Known good, and they passed.
    SMDH

Titan green stock (sold out then), GM heavy 19 taper, Volq hammer, alum trigger housing.

Nope, not good enough. Buy a new matte finish gritty one w plastic trigger guard.....LMAO

Top Bottom