• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    I'm not asking this playfully. I understand the handler relationship just like Col. House over a century ago. And I'm scratching my head.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Dave,
    Who do you reckon his handler is?
    Directly, Harris, who in turn takes orders from Obama. Whoever is behind him is also behind the curtain and apparently intends to remain cloaked which is what makes Obama useful even after being out of office never to return.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Directly, Harris, who in turn takes orders from Obama. Whoever is behind him is also behind the curtain and apparently intends to remain cloaked which is what makes Obama useful even after being out of office never to return.
    Yeah.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Harris takes orders from Obama? Why do you think that? It makes zero sense. Why all the middle men? You’re not going to keep the scam running if too many people are in the know.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    What does the Constitution say about war?

You forget that Congress decided that the president can order offensive military actions on his own initiative, with the only limit being that Congress must authorize it within 90 days (or is it 30?). War Power Authority.

Not that Congress has ever reigned in a President who has misused it.
    I don't think they even bother to vote on it now.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Harris takes orders from Obama? Why do you think that? It makes zero sense. Why all the middle men? You’re not going to keep the scam running if too many people are in the know.

It does make some sense when you think about it. The Democrats were on the verge of nominating Bernie until O'Bama got on the phone and persuaded leaders in all of the states after Iowa that they should back Biden, who had done HORRIBLY up until that point. Then suddenly, Biden almost swept the rest.

Harris, who was such a miserable candidate that she didn't even win her own state and had to drop out, suddenly is the pick for VP.

I can easily imagine a phone call from Obama to Harris "drop out of the race for president, back Biden, and I'll make sure that you'll be VP."

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Should a US President have unilateral authority to launch a nuclear strike without some additional safeguards? It has always made sense in the past in my opinion but...Seems our current leader could forget if he answered yes or no to SHOULD WE LAUNCH.

I don't think that power should rest solely in any one person's hands, regardless of who it is.
    I also don't think it really does in a functional sense, either.

Plenty of times in history the call has been made only for orders to be turned down, at least in Russia. I'm sure similar incidents have happened in the US and we just haven't heard about them. I think nukes are more theatrics than something that'll ever be realistically used, these days.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    You forget that Congress decided that the president can order offensive military actions on his own initiative, with the only limit being that Congress must authorize it within 90 days (or is it 30?). War Power Authority.

Not that Congress has ever reigned in a President who has misused it.
    I don't think they even bother to vote on it now.
    Doesn't mean what congress did is constitutional. This current Federal government is so far outside the constants of the constitution can one actually call it the government that the founders laid out for us?

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Look at the role we've played in the Rhodes-Milner plan since House led the US delegation accepting the duties of enforcer. You can't do that without pulling the constitution beyond its yield.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Can you provide a citation? According to your theory, manning the anti-aircraft guns at Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941 was unconstitutional.
    No that is self defense a natural American right. To go to war or a police action requires a declaration of war by congress. When the British attacked in 1812 did Congress react quickly? Did they give the sitting president all congressional powers to declare war?

If a country posses a serious threat why would congress wait until attacked? Should we declare war and attack our enemies?

I can tell you like the constitution only when it fits your liking.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    No that is self defense a natural American right. To go to war or a police action requires a declaration of war by congress. When the British attacked in 1812 did Congress react quickly? Did they give the sitting president all congressional powers to declare war?

If a country posses a serious threat why would congress wait until attacked? Should we declare war and attack our enemies?

I can tell you like the constitution only when it fits your liking.

I'm no expert, but this from wikipedia:

"The last time the United States formally declared war, using specific terminology, on any nation was in 1942 when war was declared against Axis-allied Germany, and Japan"

I'm all for the constitution, but it seems not to be an impediment to waging war. That is, if you consider Korea, Vietnam and the middle east "wars".

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I'm no expert, but this from wikipedia:

"The last time the United States formally declared war, using specific terminology, on any nation was in 1942 when war was declared against Axis-allied Germany, and Japan"

I'm all for the constitution, but it seems not to be an impediment to waging war.

No it just takes a congress that actually loves our country and is willing to totally destroy anyone who possess a serious threat before they bring it to our shores.

Top Bottom