Not open for further replies.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    We are way out on hypotheticals in my opinion of course. BUT if the EO says should, then Biden did nothing different than Trump. You should wear a mask.

However, if the EO says should then its just a recommendation and the EO is nothing more than showmanship really.

If he was in violation of the EO then yes its hypocritical. If not, then, for all the bluster, it isn't.

Funny, I thought I read (or heard) our newly elected president say we all need to do our patriotic duty and wear masks. But the he doesn't, that tells me a lot about bidet's "patriotism" and the "do as I say, not as I do" mentality of the new administration. Brushing the question off as not important just cements my opinion even more!

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Funny, I thought I read (or heard) our newly elected president say we all need to do our patriotic duty and wear masks. But the he doesn't, that tells me a lot about bidet's "patriotism" and the "do as I say, not as I do" mentality of the new administration. Brushing the question off as not important just cements my opinion even more!
    Who's starting the Biden lie count? We've got one here with the mask thing. Or is the criteria for what constitutes a lie set differently with Biden than it was for Trump?

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Who's starting the Biden lie count? We've got one here with the mask thing. Or is the criteria for what constitutes a lie set differently with Biden than it was for Trump?

New criteria set by the media on noon 1/20/2021! Everything bidet says is the truth, period, no questions. Previous criteria is still valid, everything Trump says is a lie, no matter what evidence there is, period, no questions!

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 8, 2019
    Larry County
    You won't be able to keep up! Fracking, Masks, XL Pipeline in the first day! Who knows what else was in that stack of Executive Orders they already had written for him and stacked on his desk. The hits will just keep on coming' until Crazy Kamahla takes over and then its gonna get serious, as if it isn't already!

mike trible

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Glad all went well with your shoulder,Phylo. But, I think your math on the 1.9 TRILLION is a little off. A Trillion is a MILLION MILLIONS. If you take 1.9 TRILLION, and divide by the population of the U.S. , which is 330 Million, that comes to $6 MILLION a piece. That is $6,000,000 for each man, woman, and child. That also is $6,000,000 of debt for each of us.. But, hey , they gave us $1200 .

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Was it ever a thing?

Of all the things Trump set out to do, that is probably the one where he was least able to make progress. It would have required both the Senate and the House to be on board, and they simply weren't.
    And it's incredibly hard to measure success or even define it.

I think most thought of it as the "revolving door" - govt employees leaving and immediately becoming lobbyist, then employees, then lobbyist... But, reading some post on INGO, you'd think the swamp is anyone not ultraconservative. It started out as one thing, then grew to be a rallying cry against the federal government in general. And if that's the metric... the number when up. https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/CES9091000001

Trump had a rule against an employee lobbying (time limit), but on the last day he cancelled, thus I presume allowing his people to immediate go to work lobbying.

Biden has put a similar rule in place for his executive employees.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    How can Bidet say a prayer on TV in the White House and children can't say them in school?
    Children can pray in school. Teachers can pray in school. Students can pray with each other in school. Students can't be led in prayer in school by anyone with authority (teachers, admins, coaches, etc.). But that doesn't stop anyone from praying.

Nobody is required to be there listening to Biden.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    And it's incredibly hard to measure success or even define it.

I think most thought of it as the "revolving door" - govt employees leaving and immediately becoming lobbyist, then employees, then lobbyist... But, reading some post on INGO, you'd think the swamp is anyone not ultraconservative. It started out as one thing, then grew to be a rallying cry against the federal government in general. And if that's the metric... the number when up. https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/CES9091000001

Trump had a rule against an employee lobbying (time limit), but on the last day he cancelled, thus I presume allowing his people to immediate go to work lobbying.

Biden has put a similar rule in place for his executive employees.
    Yep. The problem with executive actions is that they are in effect only so long as the executive wants them to be. Making any kind of actual, long-term difference requires passing legislation. And even when Republicans controlled the legislative process, they couldn't agree on the kind of thing that might keep any of them from the cushy fallback job were they to lose their next election. Neither major party wants any of that, and Trump wasn't able to strongarm them enough to force it through anyway.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Children can pray in school. Teachers can pray in school. Students can pray with each other in school. Students can't be led in prayer in school by anyone with authority (teachers, admins, coaches, etc.). But that doesn't stop anyone from praying.

Nobody is required to be there listening to Biden.
    The way some people here complain about everything he says, you think they were being forced to.

Meh, I guess someone has to listen to catch his lies and gaffs.

film-in-gif-arancia-meccanica.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom