• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    I have to admire the honesty and chutzpah of the new administration. After mandating masks on federal property, President Biden and his family go the Jefferson Memorial and are seen cavorting maskless. When the press secretary was asked about it, she just said, we have bigger things to worry about. You can't say the whole mask thing was political BS much better than that.
    The "Rules for thee and not for me" movement is just beginning.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I have to admire the honesty and chutzpah of the new administration. After mandating masks on federal property, President Biden and his family go the Jefferson Memorial and are seen cavorting maskless. When the press secretary was asked about it, she just said, we have bigger things to worry about. You can't say the whole mask thing was political BS much better than that.
    Can you imagine the Lamestream media meltdown, and left wing meltdowns if President Trump had said the same thing?

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That fox reporter probably could have gotten better admissions out of the press secretary, but not much better. So basically what we're going to have from now on, the rest of the media is going to get in line to ask backwards questions that actually just praise Biden, and maybe one or two will actually ask critical questions.

I think everyone should not wear a mask on federal property because they get to be in "festive" moods too.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I wish if we were going to reach back in history for an example, that it wouldn't be the Nazis all the time. Hitler and the Nazis should only be compared to others in the same class of evil doer - namely Mao and Stalin. Those three and their power structure are ORDERS of magnitude worse than any garden variety of evilness, and no one on this board is evil enough to be mentioned in the same breath

Couldn't we use profiteering from banks when interest rates were crushing the little people in the Carter years? Or investing in the Military-Industrial complex pretty much any time after The Two? Or some more recent but mildly evil behavior like investing in Google or Twitter or Dominion Voting Systems now? There is no shortage of more recent, more calibrated bad behaviors
    The reason I specifically referenced Nazi Germany was they were an educated society that were lulled into supporting an government that would become evil, guilty of strocities, because they were focused on getting out of the terrible economic times they were experiencing and bought the Nazi propaganda. That's all clear in retrospect, but very few of those people knew where they were ultimately headed and ignored the warning signs because of selfish desires. My point was, we see warning signs of corrupt despotic forces at work now, but we don't know where it will end. Best that we need them.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    So were they inside a federal building? What exactly does the text of the executive order say?

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So were they inside a federal building? What exactly does the text of the executive order say?
    The way she answered it implied that he should have been subject to it. Because her defense wasn't that it didn't apply to where he was. Her defense was more like, "meh, he's special."

But, because you asked:

...individuals in Federal buildings and on Federal lands should all wear masks, maintain physical distance, and adhere to other public health measures, as provided in CDC guidelines.
    (ii) “Federal buildings” means buildings, or office space within buildings, owned, rented, or leased by the executive branch of which a substantial portion of occupants are Federal employees or Federal contractors; and

(iii) “Federal lands” means lands under executive branch control.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The way she answered it implied that he should have been subject to it. Because her defense wasn't that it didn't apply to where he was. Her defense was more like, "meh, he's special."

But, because you asked:
    "Should" don't mean a mandate then. It's even weaker wording than I expected. I can find millions of articles on the "mandate" but I can't find links to EOs.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    "Should" don't mean a mandate then. It's even weaker wording than I expected. I can find millions of articles on the "mandate" but I can't find links to EOs.

Oh, Idunno. Maybe there's something to that new fangled internet that they keep talking about. What's that. Gogles? Goagle. No. Wait. I think it's Google. See, there's this search thingy. You point your browser to it. When the page comes up theres a text box. You tell it what you want it to find, and usually the thing you're looking for is on the first page.

So go there. Try typing this in that box: "federal property mask mandate". Who knows, Maybe it'll even be the first result on the page. :dunno:

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Seriously though, this isn't really a reasonable defense. This smells like the kind of partisan defense people try when they're just searching for the nearest thing they can find to justify their belief.

Okay. So how about this compromise. For the sake of argument, it's not a mandate. It's a suggestion. If he "should" wear masks on federal property, why didn't he? Why is he exempt from his own advice? This is a problem with leadership. They say what people "should" do, and then they don't do it because they're special.

And then the sycophants come out and make excuses. You're not a sycophant. "be better" :rolleyes:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Seriously though, this isn't really a reasonable defense. This smells like the kind of partisan defense people try when they're just searching for the nearest thing they can find to justify their belief.

Okay. So how about this compromise. For the sake of argument, it's not a mandate. It's a suggestion. If he "should" wear masks on federal property, why didn't he? Why is he exempt from his own advice? This is a problem with leadership. They say what people "should" do, and then they don't do it because they're special.

And then the sycophants come out and make excuses. You're not a sycophant. "be better" :rolleyes:
    We are way out on hypotheticals in my opinion of course. BUT if the EO says should, then Biden did nothing different than Trump. You should wear a mask.

However, if the EO says should then its just a recommendation and the EO is nothing more than showmanship really.

If he was in violation of the EO then yes its hypocritical. If not, then, for all the bluster, it isn't.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That fox reporter probably could have gotten better admissions out of the press secretary, but not much better. So basically what we're going to have from now on, the rest of the media is going to get in line to ask backwards questions that actually just praise Biden, and maybe one or two will actually ask critical questions.

I think everyone should not wear a mask on federal property because they get to be in "festive" moods too.
    On "THE BIG DAY"
    we were eating breakfast at one of our spots. They have a couple of big screens for sports and news etc. Fox was covering bozo's 1st day and said the presser after was a scripted/hand picked affair. They picked the reporters by hand and gave out a "List" of accepted questions to be asked.

So this is the way of things now.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We are way out on hypotheticals in my opinion of course. BUT if the EO says should, then Biden did nothing different than Trump. You should wear a mask.

However, if the EO says should then its just a recommendation and the EO is nothing more than showmanship really.

If he was in violation of the EO then yes its hypocritical. If not, then, for all the bluster, it isn't.
    C'mon man. This isn't a comparison to Trump. That's over. Done. We're in the Biden era now. Compare Biden to what's true, and not what's Trump. We're done with Trump. He's over.

So did you follow the Google instructions and then read it straight from the White House? The EO makes it clear that people are expected to wear them on federal property. Period. Well, unless you're the one who signed the order. If you're going to argue that that's not hypocrisy, I kinda think your problem with it isn't reason, but something else.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    C'mon man. This isn't a comparison to Trump. That's over. Done. We're in the Biden era now. Compare Biden to what's true, and not what's Trump. We're done with Trump. He's over.

So did you follow the Google instructions and then read it straight from the White House? The EO makes it clear that people are expected to wear them on federal property. Period. Well, unless you're the one who signed the order. If you're going to argue that that's not hypocrisy, I kinda think your problem with it isn't reason, but something else.
    Let me make it simple for you then.

Should is not a mandate word and IF that is the word used, anyone claiming that is a mandate word are the ones you need to c'mon man unless you're just shoring up friendships.

There!

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    See, this is how to lead. Not like Trump, what with all the tweets. You control the media and the narratives and never allow leaks. Transparency is for *******. Obfuscation is how real leaders should lead. That's presidential. When you control the media to tell the public what you want them to hear, then you never have to call them fake news. Aren't we all so blessed to have Jesus Biden shepherding the flock?

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Let me make it simple for you then.

Should is not a mandate word and IF that is the word used, anyone claiming that is a mandate word are the ones you need to c'mon man unless you're just shoring up friendships.

There!
    The point is about hypocrisy and Biden not doing what he's saying everyone else "should" do. My point has nothing to do with mandates.

But on that note, why don't you go to federal property without a mask and see how that goes? Give them a bit of time first to implement the policy first.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    See, this is how to lead. Not like Trump, what with all the tweets. You control the media and the narratives and never allow leaks. Transparency is for *******. Obfuscation is how real leaders should lead. That's presidential. When you control the media to tell the public what you want them to hear, then you never have to call them fake news. Aren't we all so blessed to have Jesus Biden shepherding the flock?
    :puke:

Sorry I had to clear my throat.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh. One other thing. I say what I think is true about something. Sometimes I agree with you depending on which part of a given issue you're taking. Sometimes I agree with the other side of it. Just because I sometimes agree with the side you're not taking doesn't mean I'm trying to be one of them. Every team is full of **** on something or other. I try to avoid the ****.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom