• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Honeslty CM, I really don't understand the list. I see people making points, and sometimes points I know many INGOers disagree with. Both sides :stickpoke: but many of the posts aren't even that. A list that I think would be beneficial is the vindictive posts seeking retribution for past shade. Seems to me those are the most divisive. Not the ones that simply disagree with the standard INGO opinion.
    Wouldn't it be simpler, and more fair, to discourage the throwing of shade in the first place, thus making retribution unnecessary?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    After listening to many comment about how the country is no more and all the doom and gloom. After reading all the posts about how we are gonna act just like them because if they are doing it then we are justified in doing it. It's finally happened.

People are sounding just like them, People are acting just like them. If I was on Twitter and TicTok, I am convinced I'd see a lot of the same emotional temper tantrums I saw from the left over the last 4 years.

Turning flags upside down is just like burning them, and I while I would defend the right to do so as part of free speech. It is every bit as despicable as burning it because all it really is is making a free speech act. This ain't the Last Castle. It's still the United States of America.

Flame Away!

It I can't take the heat, I guess I can go turn my flag upside down.

Meh.

Like I have said before, stars and stripes is folded and stored.

Gadsden has been flying here for many years....and will continue to do so.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well, just to say a final word about lists and the reasons people might make it onto them, I think it's unrealistic to eliminate snark when so many people have so many differing opinions and sometimes things do get contentious. I typically use think sarcasm to point out the absurd. Maybe that should earn me a spot on some list.

I think what is truly divisive is when people post to twist the knife. For exmaple, Trumpers have had a hard couple of months. And we have some members who like to twist the knife. I mean, it's fine to point out some pretty over the top beliefs, and maybe even have some fun with it. But if it's retribution that is sought, THAT is the worthwhile list to keep. I dunno. Maybe that's what CM's :stickpoke: list really is. I don't think I deserve to be on that list though, and from conversations on a thread that was locked a few days ago, I suspect I am.
    Biden is occupying the WH. We'll ALL be on a list sooner or later. That one will be good practice

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    As I ponder the executive orders I can least understand the ability of Biden to cancel the pipeline permit. Does this mean the company(s) that have made capital investments are simply now going to lose whatever monies they’ve invested in development so far ?
    See: Nuclear power
    It would certainly seem foolish for a company to start a long term project without assurances the permits necessary to continue through to completion wouldn’t be revoked at the whim of the next political administration. Perhaps the company(s) felt their contractual arrangements were solid enough they wouldn’t have to worry.

Is it remotely possible this may end up in multiple lawsuits with the taxpayer footing the bill for the government lawyers ? Most likely not if I read the position Canada’s PM Trudeau will take. Apparently Trudeau will we intent on sucking up to the United States (Biden) for consideration on other issues between the two countries.

If I read the articles correctly on pipeline closing, approximately 1,000 jobs (Union jobs) will be lost in the US. Good thing the union leadership backed Biden presidential run.
    No union leadership jobs will be lost. Mission accomplished

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    The guy has been a worthless leach for 47 years in Washington... can you name any accomplishments outside of “evil gun” bans?

Yes.

He realized it was his sister and not his wife before before he greeted his sister as his wife.

He remembered his name.

He recalled the thing....you know, c'mon man... you know it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think it's unwise to make investments that work against your or what you view as the countries interests. Maybe doing so isn't effecting said interests directly, but at the end of the day propping up the green industry with your money generally serves to perpetuate green policies, which by your post history I understood you viewed as antithetical to our interests. If you had lived in 30s Germany would you had invested in companies building the Nazi war machine because you knew you could make money. Excuse the somewhat hyperbolic analogy to illustrate a point.
    I wish if we were going to reach back in history for an example, that it wouldn't be the Nazis all the time. Hitler and the Nazis should only be compared to others in the same class of evil doer - namely Mao and Stalin. Those three and their power structure are ORDERS of magnitude worse than any garden variety of evilness, and no one on this board is evil enough to be mentioned in the same breath

Couldn't we use profiteering from banks when interest rates were crushing the little people in the Carter years? Or investing in the Military-Industrial complex pretty much any time after The Two? Or some more recent but mildly evil behavior like investing in Google or Twitter or Dominion Voting Systems now? There is no shortage of more recent, more calibrated bad behaviors

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well when certain faction of people that are easily confused by the bright shiny rotating disco ball on the ceiling in the middle of the room,
    it's not hard to understand their lack of attention span.

tenor.gif
    Shiny! :drool:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I've heard the pitches. My question is, is the bang worth the buck? I've seen people's back-of-napkin calculations. I'm skeptical of the actual numbers coming across. That wall is pretty ******* expensive.
    Well, they wouldn't let us use interlocking fields of fire (which would be way cheaper AND more effective)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The cost of the wall was irrelevant when they started building it since Mexico was supposed to be paying for it anyway.

Now that US taxpayers have to pay for it I get why it's not as appealing.

At least a free useless wall would have been free.

Now that it's a very expensive useless wall more people are questioning the decision to build it.
    Kinda' like the Maginot Line?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Anyways, the President has signed several EOs reversing EOs from the previous administration.
    Some of those include:
    -Eliminating the "Muslim Ban"
    -Re-entering the Paris Climate Accords
    -Revoking the permit for the Keystone Pipeline
    -Putting a halt to the construction of the wall
    -Renewing commitment to DACA

It is exactly stuff like this, that many people voted for Biden.

Eliminating the "Muslim Ban" ... You mean the ban on people entering the US from countries that fund terrorism? It can't possibly be for racial reasons, because democrats worship drone striking arab children. That's surely much worse than not permitting them to travel here, isn't it? What next, repeal the peace deals? Not to mention, Obama was the one who initially made up that ban, Trump just implemented it.

Re-entering the paris climate accords ... You mean the piece of virtue signaling that funnels wealth from the west into helping the 3rd world build more coal and oil infrastructure, under lie of protecting the climate?

Revoking the permit for the keystone pipeline ... Hope you enjoy the $6 a gallon gasoline. I know most democrats are wealthy and don't care, but that kind of nonsense is the biggest harm you can do to the poor and middle class. (P.S. it's estimated this decision alone cost over 11,000 Americans their job, and 42,100 future jobs)

Putting a halt to the construction of the wall ... I'd love to see how much money it costs to stop the construction, it's probably more expensive to rapidly quit it than it is to let it go. (Which cost Americans 10,000 jobs)

Renewing commitment to DACA ... Another piece of democrat luxury beliefs. Import labor who will underbid the domestic poor and middle class in the job market, to devalue their labor and increase the profits of international corporations.

Democrats really are slime. All of these things directly harm the poor and middle class, while helping the upper classes deepen their wallet or bolster their social status.

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Eliminating the "Muslim Ban" ... You mean the ban on people entering the US from countries that fund terrorism? It can't possibly be for racial reasons, because democrats worship drone striking arab children. That's surely much worse than not permitting them to travel here, isn't it? What next, repeal the peace deals? Not to mention, Obama was the one who initially made up that ban, Trump just implemented it.

Re-entering the paris climate accords ... You mean the piece of virtue signaling that funnels wealth from the west into helping the 3rd world build more coal and oil infrastructure, under lie of protecting the climate?

Revoking the permit for the keystone pipeline ... Hope you enjoy the $6 a gallon gasoline. I know most democrats are wealthy and don't care, but that kind of nonsense is the biggest harm you can do to the poor and middle class.

Putting a halt to the construction of the wall ... I'd love to see how much money it costs to stop the construction, it's probably more expensive to rapidly quit it than it is to let it go.

Renewing commitment to DACA ... Another piece of democrat luxury beliefs. Import labor who will underbid the domestic poor and middle class in the job market, to devalue their labor and increase the profits of international corporations.

Democrats really are slime. All of these things directly harm the poor and middle class, while helping the upper classes deepen their wallet or bolster their social status.
    I hear Biden has been a closet genius all of these years and he’s finally ready to roll out his world saving automobile and refrigerator freezer. Their free and both runs on dreams and feelings so the world will be saved!

The only thing I’ll disagree with is that not all democrats are slime. Those who run for and hold office are the sludge slime leaves behind after it chokes out whatever it touches. Democrat voters are simply naive and unwilling to accept reality. They all waste their lives trying to force human nature to bend to their will.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I hear Biden has been a closet genius all of these years and he’s finally ready to roll out his world saving automobile and refrigerator freezer. Their free and both runs on dreams and feelings so the world will be saved!

The only thing I’ll disagree with is that not all democrats are slime. Those who run for and hold office are the sludge slime leaves behind after it chokes out whatever it touches. Democrat voters are simply naive and unwilling to accept reality. They all waste their lives trying to force human nature to bend to their will.

How can a person spend their days salivating about new wars in the middle east, and not be slime?
    A vote is the highest form of approval that an individual can give in this country, it is their voice. If they cast their vote for a candidate who has pledged to carry out a new GWB/Obama 2.0 foreign policy agenda, while having hindsight to see what it caused, then I can't see any outcome where the blood isn't on their hands.

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    How can a person spend their days salivating about new wars in the middle east, and not be slime?
    A vote is the highest form of approval that an individual can give in this country, it is their voice. If they cast their vote for a candidate who has pledged to carry out a new GWB/Obama 2.0 foreign policy agenda, while having hindsight to see what it caused, then I can't see any outcome where the blood isn't on their hands.

Hey now, I was trying to be nice because Santa is always watching. ;)

Four years with no new conflicts or significant deployments under an evil Republican administration. The party of tolerance, peace and inclusion isn’t at the helm for 24 hours and here we go again.

Maybe Biden is just wanting to ship as many “right wing extremists” out of the country as possible. They did swear an oath to protect and defend what the democrats want destroyed after all.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hey now, I was trying to be nice because Santa is always watching. ;)

Four years with no new conflicts or significant deployments under an evil Republican administration. The party of tolerance, peace and inclusion isn’t at the helm for 24 hours and here we go again.

Maybe Biden is just wanting to ship as many “right wing extremists” out of the country as possible. They did swear an oath to protect and defend what the democrats want destroyed after all.
    Plenty of legitimate things to complain about Trump, but his administration kinda helped broker some peace in the ME, at least more than any of the past several presidents have. He should have gotten proper kudos for that. He kinda got kudos being nominated 3 times for Nobel Peace Prize.

And then the SHSIC (senile hair sniffer in chief) ****s it up on the first day.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have to admire the honesty and chutzpah of the new administration. After mandating masks on federal property, President Biden and his family go the Jefferson Memorial and are seen cavorting maskless. When the press secretary was asked about it, she just said, we have bigger things to worry about. You can't say the whole mask thing was political BS much better than that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom