• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I've heard the pitches. My question is, is the bang worth the buck? I've seen people's back-of-napkin calculations. I'm skeptical of the actual numbers coming across. That wall is pretty ******* expensive.
    The cost of the wall was irrelevant when they started building it since Mexico was supposed to be paying for it anyway.

Now that US taxpayers have to pay for it I get why it's not as appealing.

At least a free useless wall would have been free.

Now that it's a very expensive useless wall more people are questioning the decision to build it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We wish everyone good health and wife decision. Day one, he destroyed 11,000 jobs with an effective order. DAY 1. He'll sign what's put in front of him. Most of what they'll put in front of him is to completely undo what Trump did, not for the good of the people, but to spite trump and every Trump voter. That's the difference. Trump undid Obama's insanity, which helped Americans like no other president in our lifetime. Now biden looks like he'll undo it all and then pile on. Day 1 he destroys lives and ticks off Canada. This will be the worst 4 years the country has seen I think. They hate Trump and trump's voters so much I think they'll pass the things that hurt the right the most. The most unconstitutional things we've ever seen like ban guns, ban speech they don't like, pack the courts(which they would never even answer, how disgusting), and once the happens, bye bye usa. I'd argue with the election fraud its already over, we just haven't hit the bottom of after jumping off the cliff. I really hope I'm wrong, I really do. But day 1 shows they aren't gonna waste time in hurting Americans.
    Let me get this straight. Biden undid Trump's EO's. Trump undid Biden's. So what. You think it's because of tit-for-tat? Couldn't it be that both sides undid the other because they disagreed with each other's the policies? Biden is a bat **** crazy Democrat. I'm not surprised that he would undo those policies. I don't think it was purely of spite, but I'm sure he feels all good and righteous doing it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The cost of the wall was irrelevant when they started building it since Mexico was supposed to be paying for it anyway.

Now that it's a very expensive useless wall more people are questioning the decision to build it.
    They think Mexico IS paying, because of the tariffs. But I don't think that actually happened. Trump backed off on that, claiming that Mexico had agreed to some stuff regarding illegal immigration. But that was stuff they had already agreed to months earlier before he announced the tariffs. But somehow people think Mexico is paying for the wall.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Your are probably right on this unfortunately.

Only legal, current citizens of this country have a right to vote and that's how it should be, otherwise why even have a country or borders at all? If people around the world can just vote in our elections too, what's the point?

There are 195 countries and borders in the world for a reason and it's partially due to human nature.
    They aren't overtly lobbying for illegals to vote, yet. They're more focused on making the illegals legal so they can vote, and anticipating the U.S. born offspring of illegals coming of age to vote. They don't care about the people so much, just that they perceive these future votes as a means to more easily maintain political power.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    They aren't overtly lobbying for illegals to vote, yet. They're more focused on making the illegals legal so they can vote, and anticipating the U.S. born offspring of illegals coming of age to vote. They don't care about the people so much, just that they perceive these future votes as a means to more easily maintain political power.
    They are proposing that in California. So illegals could vote there in state/local elections, but not for national elections. It's been awhile so I don't know how far that got.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    2A (as we think of it) won't last for long unless people come to realize it's a civil right, on both sides of the aisle. Politics downstream of culture etc etc.

All the new gun owners since March really are an opportunity for shoring it up, but I don't know of what's being done on that front.
    One thing is this lot needs to try and be accepting of them and give a listen. The snark (and brother I get it) only enforces the wall built by the MSM and those who would disarm us.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville

Mexico did pay for a portion of it. They have to take care of those on their side (money we save). Does it cover the cost of the wall? Probably not in the short term. How much would this have cost if they just showed up? Are you considering the cost of health care? Education? All of the other secondary costs not mentioned?
    You want to come here legally? Welcome! Illegally, uh my feeling is no!
    The wall was never meant to stop illegally crossing the border, only slow it down. Anyone who thought otherwise was a fool or a devout koolaid drinker.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    For four years that’s all the dirt they could find on Trump. Well I’m glad that sniffing little girls and twisting their you know what on tv isn’t a dealbreaker for you. Look at the dirt on biden they found without anyone really digging. He son has sex with his underage niece. Also not a dealbreaker. Very cool and progressive of you.
    Just using this thread as an example but fellas you all need to either step off or chill out.
    There is so much material in this to be discussed without the stupid crap that it defies logic. So discuss it.
    We all know what Kut is about. And that is and has been part of the forum for a long time. Stop attacking him and address the mess we are in. And peoples we are in a mess. How many members on this board assisted in putting us here.
    Kut is only one of many. And I am sorely disappointed.

Kut......come on man. I get it.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    One thing is this lot needs to try and be accepting of them and give a listen. The snark (and brother I get it) only enforces the wall built by the MSM and those who would disarm us.
    Yeah, this may be the only chance to get a bunch of new people, millions, to think of the 2A as important all at once. I don't have any clever ideas on how to do that out reach, but there it is.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I've heard the pitches. My question is, is the bang worth the buck? I've seen people's back-of-napkin calculations. I'm skeptical of the actual numbers coming across. That wall is pretty ******* expensive.

It's about 2 days worth of US spending, based on a 5 trillion budget and 25 billion estimate to complete the wall. We spend money on much sillier things, as you well know. Like transgender studies on the other side of the planet, etc...

I'm not an expert, but Border Patrol thinks it helps them do their job, so I'm OK with it. Wiki has what seems a good article on it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proposed_expansion_of_Mexico%E2%80%93United_States_barrier#:~:text=Cost%20estimates,-Early%20estimates&text=The%20Department%20of%20Homeland%20Security's,take%203.5%20years%20to%20build.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    They are proposing that in California. So illegals could vote there in state/local elections, but not for national elections. It's been awhile so I don't know how far that got.
    Not only that, but as I understand it, by allowing illegals to be included in the census, it gives states like California more electors based on population, whether the illegals vote or not. If I'm mistaken about that, I'm open to correction.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Yeah, this may be the only chance to get a bunch of new people, millions, to think of the 2A as important all at once. I don't have any clever ideas on how to do that out reach, but there it is.
    One idea is to pay for some new gun owner to get training. Revere's Riders puts on a great program, and it's inexpensive enough that many of us can feasibly do it on a regular basis.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Yeah, I'd forgotten about that, and it wasn't just California. There were localities in other states where theyve already allowed it.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Not only that, but as I understand it, by allowing illegals to be included in the census, it gives states like California more electors based on population, whether the illegals vote or not. If I'm mistaken about that, I'm open to correction.
    What do mean "by allowing ..." - as if that's new?

It's my understanding that the census has always been simply a count of people living in a place.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Anyways, the President has signed several EOs reversing EOs from the previous administration.
    Some of those include:
    -Eliminating the "Muslim Ban"
    -Re-entering the Paris Climate Accords
    -Revoking the permit for the Keystone Pipeline
    -Putting a halt to the construction of the wall
    -Renewing commitment to DACA

It is exactly stuff like this, that many people voted for Biden. That confirms he’s a moron and is supported be people who believe in fairy tales and pray that this once great nation is reduced to a huge dump like every major metro area run by democrats.

You know who voted for Biden and supports this ignorance? All of the Democrat voters out there that think they’ll be exempt from the ****ings that are coming. They will be as long as they donated enough and are prepared to continue to keep donating to maintain their status under the umbrella.

The rest of the democrat voters? They’ll still stay glued to the misinformation machine believing they’re actually going to benefit from it. Maybe this will be the four years the country finally declares bankruptcy and people who don’t qualify to hang out under the umbrella will finally figure out that their beloved party only cares about itself and those who feed it. The remainder is BS lip service that makes people feel better while they’re actual situation steadily worsens like it always has under the modern democrat party.

You can lead fools to water but you can’t stop them from drowning themselves in it.

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    So is foreign aid, foreign wars, and maintaining the largest military force on the planet. I want our people to be valued more than the former 3 I mentioned.

We're at the top of the foodchain and everyone wants in, if you care about the poor and the middle class, you make immigration as difficult as possible.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    What do mean "by allowing ..." - as if that's new?

It's my understanding that the census has always been simply a count of people living in a place.
    But by encouraging illegal immigration and providing them sanctuary (as in California and other blue states), they're working the system (non-system?) to unfairly give themselves more influence than they would otherwise be allowed. That (IMHO) is why they pushed so hard to disallow the question on the census form to indicate immigration status during the latest census.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    But by encouraging illegal immigration and providing them sanctuary (as in California and other blue states), they're working the system (non-system?) to unfairly give themselves more influence than they would otherwise be allowed. That (IMHO) is why they pushed so hard to disallow the question on the census form to indicate immigration status during the latest census.
    It's a win win for the crony capitalist party.

They gain their ideological slaves to vote as they're told, while also getting workers who will underbid domestic citizens, providing them higher profit margins.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom