• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • robgott1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2022
    indianapolis
    Does anybody have any specific preference any SBR barrel lengths they prefer (10.5, 11.5, 12.5, 14.5) for a general purposes, home defense, etc? I know there a re a lot of videos talking about various pros and cons of barrel lengths like velocity and accuracy etc. but I am curious to see what other people think in terms of SBR barrel lengths.
    Idk about pros and cons, but on my 223 I went with 10.5 and I really enjoyed it!

Indiana_Jeff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2022
    South Bend
    I don't think 5.56 would be anyone's first choice for wild pig, unless you can hit the brain from whatever range you'll be shooting the pig. Not saying it wouldn't work for a headshot, I've seen people use 22lr with a head shot. I'm just saying it wouldn't be my first choice.
    Agreed 100%. A 223Rem or 5.56NATO would only be the gun of choice for feral hogs if there was absolutely no other gun available to an ethical hunter. An AR15 with an Upper chambered in 6.8 SPC, 300 AAC Blackout, 7.62x39mm, 350 Legend, 450 Bushmaster, or similar, would be much preferred unless a high power centerfire bolt or lever gun were available. You pays your money and takes your choice, but I do feel that no 0.223" bullet would be a humane killer for hogs.

Top Bottom