• ...and so much more!
  • DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    My buddy is looking at getting into predator hunting. Looking for recommendations for calls. He has access to large pieces of ground all over as his extended family farms..a lot. He has an inherited Remington 700 22-250. The glass needs upgraded, but that’s an easy fix with a call to Alan at A&A. So… what calls are the INGO coyote killers using?

Thanks.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Foxpro or Lucky Duck are the top two. Prices depend on what bells and whistles you get. I would recommend getting one with rechargeable batteries. Sound quality deteriorates as batteries die and callers eat batteries pretty quickly.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Foxpro or Lucky Duck are the top two. Prices depend on what bells and whistles you get. I would recommend getting one with rechargeable batteries. Sound quality deteriorates as batteries die and callers eat batteries pretty quickly.
    Since he has most of the gear and isn’t buying a rifle, he has planned on spending some money on a good call and glass.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I still use old fashion mouth calls. I know one is a primos and one is a faulks.

I do have an old set of tapes from the 1970’s on cassette. Mainly rabbit in distress. Sometimes bird distress. Old fashioned Walkman and mini amp that runs off a 9 volt battery. Works and was home made when walk men ruled the world.

what I would really look into are white plastic painter coveralls the disposable kind in xxl or XL. When it is snow cover they conceal well and cost near nothing. The coveralls are basically free in some place.
    some places sell a dog/cat toy that hobbles around like a wounded rabbit or squirrel. I think mine came from Cracker Barrel to tell the truth. The visual ad brings them in close. The cat one was left over from my daughter old cat toy basically some feathers on a rod that flaps around.

normally I will sneak in and call with a 12 gauge and #4 buck and partner will take a high ground seat with a rifle. When it is cold like this is the best for calling them in. They are hungry.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I use a lucky duck because around me, everyone uses fox pro. I figured my call sounding a hair different might sway a call shy dog.

It also might not matter at all, between fox pro and LD. who knows.

On optics, give me a call, and we will make it happen be it day scope, or thermal.

pappyon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 17, 2020
    How serious is he? Thermal is the only way to go. The foxpro call works very well. A rifle set up on a tripod to reach 500 yds and one set for 300. No light ever.

BlueDrew2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Hancock Co
    Started with a few mouth calls, buddy bought a fox pro. I dont call much any more but would look at the fox pro. Not sure if its the most cost effective but they work.

Onebad06vtx

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Ellettsville
    Wildlife technologies smokes the competition!
    Dont listen to the foxpro leg humpers!
    There is a reason Marty Stouffer uses them!
    Real sounds that produce.
    Believe what you want,I have had them all and Im telling you what the berries is.
    Do foxpros work,yes alittle but the WT will out produce day in day out.

Top Bottom