• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ws6duramax

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Metamora
    I have an old FoxPro that is dying, looking to replace it. I want something with quality sound(s) and remote that's easy to read, hopefully without glasses. Budget is around $400.

Most of my stands are under 400 yards, so I volume isn't necessarily a priority. I was looking at the Icotec Night Stalker, but thought I'd ask for some input/suggestions .

Thanks

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Lucky duck is good. I am using a foxpro shockwave and an icotec outlaw. Shockwave is better than the icotec, but it's a little out of your budget. The biggest advantage is the remote. Easy to use, easy to see. Worth the extra $100

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    Run lucky duck and just got my icotec outlaw. Really like the remote on icotec. first outing with it called in a triple.

remote distance on outlaw is best ive seen of the big 3.

ws6duramax

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Metamora
    Lucky duck is good. I am using a foxpro shockwave and an icotec outlaw. Shockwave is better than the icotec, but it's a little out of your budget. The biggest advantage is the remote. Easy to use, easy to see. Worth the extra $100
    How is the Shockwave on batteries? Looks like it comes with 100 preloaded sounds , is that all you use or have you added more?

I have no issue spending a little more if it's worth it .

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I can't tell you about the battery use since I bought the rechargeable pack. I have a LOT of sounds (over 1,000) that didn't come with the caller.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I run the luckyduck rughneck, and have an ambush 360 attached to it. The Ambush 360 runs the caller, and is rechargeable. The remote runs a few nights on 3 AA batteries.

This is out of your price range, but, you can get just the roughneck for 500ish. I've been very happy with my setup. I've got well over 1k sounds, but to be honest, I use about 15 of them. The only reason I have this many sounds is a buddy gave me his memory card.

Onebad06vtx

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Ellettsville
    Wildlife technologies.
    Real sounds that out produces a foxpro by hugh amounts,
    Marty Stouffer uses one for his wild life documentaries if that tells you anything.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I got rid of the game call and use my android phone with a rechargeable bluetooth speaker.

I was also using the in bed speaker system in my Honda Ridgeline as a call. Pull truck into field. Fire up bed speaker and play dying rabbit or fawn bleat in the heated cab.

Only thing I ever used that feature for but it worked!

ws6duramax

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Metamora
    If I recall, the revolt does not have a backlit screen. He is hunting at night (He didn't mention that)
    Yes sir, I will be hunting at night thanks you, LOL !

I think I'm going to give the Icotec Night Stalker a try. I believe everything is the same as the Outlaw, less the decoy. It's has to be better than what I have now. I like the remote distance and it has quite a few sounds pre-loaded.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    My personal experience...

The Icotec has a more "tinny" sound. Less natural to my ears compared to the shockwave. It still works, but we mainly use the shockwave as the primary caller and the Icotec as secondary to make it sound like more than one coyote or if a coyote pops up where we didn't expect one.

swampdonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Bloomington
    How are you liking the outlaw? My hunting partner uses an ico and I am impressed with them overall!

As stated above for me the foxpro TX1000 remote is the game changer! It really is the best on the market, has best features, shortcuts and menu’s for quickly finding and indexing sounds!

Good luck killing!

ws6duramax

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Metamora
    Love it so far .

The remote is outstanding . Easy to read during the day and backlit at night , no need for glasses !!! It has the shortcut features as well. A couple hundred pre-loaded sounds .

Now I need more free time to use it more

FFJakeT

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Upgraded to the LD Roughneck from a FoxPro Inferno at the end of last season (I know the 2 aren't comparable), and I'm thrilled with the LD. Its about $500. I was in your spot with budget, and I'm glad I spent the extra $ every time I go out.

swampdonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Bloomington
    I got some buddy’s that love the LD but I have never hunted with them before! I would like to for sure!

For right now will stick with the shockwave

Attachments

• 550318B6-6CBE-4097-9586-1BBF4BC43EB4.jpeg
      550318B6-6CBE-4097-9586-1BBF4BC43EB4.jpeg
      630.3 KB · Views: 3
    Top Bottom