• shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Updates
    She’s been moved to icu
    Brachial endoscopy has been canceled
    There’s a moderate amount of fluid around her heart, they’re giving her lasiics, and so far she’s peed more in two hours than the 14 hours I spent here Tuesday night to Wednesday at noon
    They’re leaning heavily towards this being a viral infection
    Her temperature seems to be dropping in its own going from 103 and needing Tylenol to drop to going to 99.3 without Tylenol!

Yesterday she told me when she gets out she wants to go to moonlight bbq and eat, I told her “you get better and I’ll take you there for every meal!”

Today the icu nurse said before they do the endoscopy I want to braid your hair! After they canceled it she still braided her hair!

Mij

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Updates
    She’s been moved to icu
    There’s a moderate amount of fluid around her heart, they’re giving her lasiics, and so far she’s peed more in two hours than the 14 hours I spent here Tuesday night to Wednesday at noon
    Her temperature seems to be dropping in its own going from 103 and needing Tylenol to drop to going to 99.3 without Tylenol!

Yesterday she told me when she gets out she wants to go to moonlight bbq and eat, I told her “you get better and I’ll take you there for every meal!”

Today the icu nurse said before they do the endoscopy I want to braid your hair! After they canceled it she still braided her hair!
    Always great to hear good news, keep her spirits up, stay strong. You can see how many people are rooting for both of you.

blain

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    Updates
    She’s been moved to icu

So she wants to cross "that money saving bridge"?
    Sneak her in a "Memphian" from McAlister's, to tide her over.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Updates
    She’s been moved to icu

Prayers sent

Topper80

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2022
    Bloomington
    On Saturday I took my oldest daughter (she’s 26 yo, and 1 minute older than her sister) to the er, with a headache sore throat and lethargic, they’ve found something in her lung, they don’t think it’s tb, but they’re testing for it, and results could still be a day or two away, and till they rule that out, they say there isn’t much to do,

They’ve drawn blood after blood after blood, trying to rule things out, but once the tb results come back, they say they can biopsy what they found in her lung, they say the tb results will determine how they do the biopsy, right now she’s on a bunch of antibiotics (unicin and vancomycin),

They’re getting ready to do a ct scan now to check for a blood clot. And now she’s being put in oxygen (her level is 87 and right away it went to 96)

I took my wife (her stepmom) to the er on Thursday with a severe uti and kidney infection and was still in on Saturday when I took holly to the er (my wife was at gateway and Hollys at st Vincent).

Right now I’m an emotional wreck, crying like crazy, can’t think straight, praying for god to heal her, and to give me strength to be strong for her, I took this week off to relax before starting my new job next Monday, but I’m far from relaxing!

Thanks for reading, and say a prayer please!
    Prayers for all of you!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Updates
    They still haven’t identified what virus yet, but they’re almost positive it’s a virus.
    Oxygen has been cut back to 3
    She’s seeing respiratory therapy.
    The antibiotics are working she’s actually wearing her glasses, playing on her phone, eating (today I brought her chic fil a, she ate 5 nuggets), she’s drinking ensure and ice cream with added protein.

AND the best news so far, they’ve moved her back to a regular room!

Thanks for your prayers! It’s working!

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Updates
    They still haven’t identified what virus yet, but they’re almost positive it’s a virus.
    Oxygen has been cut back to 3
    She’s seeing respiratory therapy.
    The antibiotics are working she’s actually wearing her glasses, playing on her phone, eating (today I brought her chic fil a, she ate 5 nuggets), she’s drinking ensure and ice cream with added protein.

AND the best news so far, they’ve moved her back to a regular room!

Thanks for your prayers! It’s working!
    Glad to hear the improvement.

Are the antibiotics just to keep clear of pneumonia? Just trying to understand antibiotics being used for a suspected viral illness.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Glad to hear the improvement.

Are the antibiotics just to keep clear of pneumonia? Just trying to understand antibiotics being used for a suspected viral illness.
    She has double pneumonia that’s getting better.
    the antibiotics are to treat the infection they think is causing the fluid buildup around her heart. Which they are treating the fluid buildup with lasics

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Updates
    Oxygen is down to 2
    Low sodium diet (not permanent)
    She took a shower yesterday for the first time in over a week (she’s had sponge baths) but she had help and I’m sure she was on a shower seat

But…
    her temperature is back to normal and staying there without Tylenol!

The doctors are keeping an eye on her heart, her ejection fraction is about 10 percent lower than it should be, they don’t know if that’s permanent or not, but they really think it isn’t! (I think that’s due to the fluid buildup)

And on hospital note, the nurse who braided her hair in icu came to her non icu room yesterday and checked on her! Which I thought was really nice!

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Updates
    Oxygen is down to 2
    Low sodium diet (not permanent)
    She took a shower yesterday for the first time in over a week (she’s had sponge baths) but she had help and I’m sure she was on a shower seat

But…
    her temperature is back to normal and staying there without Tylenol!

The doctors are keeping an eye on her heart, her ejection fraction is about 10 percent lower than it should be, they don’t know if that’s permanent or not, but they really think it isn’t! (I think that’s due to the fluid buildup)

And on hospital note, the nurse who braided her hair in icu came to her non icu room yesterday and checked on her! Which I thought was really nice!
    God bless you all......glad to hear she is doing better! May she be well soon.....and remember to take care of yourself and the wife, I am sure you have both been stressed out to the max.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Updates
    She took her shower standing up!
    She ate 1/2 a bbq sandwich and was looking forward to dinner tonight (lasagna)
    The nurse told her she wanted her to get up and move to the chair and sit upright (it helps drain the fluid, and makes her pee)
    She’s up to 80 milligrams of lasics (her diuretic)

The fluid around her heart is going away and staying away!

She was on a 5 day iv antibiotic and today she got the last dose!

Now the best news I’ve heard so far
    Her ejection fraction is back up to 55%! (Normal) and they think there’s no permanent damage to her heart!!!

She asked the nurse if she was getting discharged tomorrow, the nurse said she was scheduled for another ekg for tomorrow, so she probably wouldn’t, but it might be Tuesday!

Now I can start my new job tomorrow with a lot less on my mind! (The big thing now will be getting her home when she is discharged!)

Top Bottom