• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    On Saturday I took my oldest daughter (she’s 26 yo, and 1 minute older than her sister) to the er, with a headache sore throat and lethargic, they’ve found something in her lung, they don’t think it’s tb, but they’re testing for it, and results could still be a day or two away, and till they rule that out, they say there isn’t much to do,

They’ve drawn blood after blood after blood, trying to rule things out, but once the tb results come back, they say they can biopsy what they found in her lung, they say the tb results will determine how they do the biopsy, right now she’s on a bunch of antibiotics (unicin and vancomycin),

They’re getting ready to do a ct scan now to check for a blood clot. And now she’s being put in oxygen (her level is 87 and right away it went to 96)

I took my wife (her stepmom) to the er on Thursday with a severe uti and kidney infection and was still in on Saturday when I took holly to the er (my wife was at gateway and Hollys at st Vincent).

Right now I’m an emotional wreck, crying like crazy, can’t think straight, praying for god to heal her, and to give me strength to be strong for her, I took this week off to relax before starting my new job next Monday, but I’m far from relaxing!

Thanks for reading, and say a prayer please!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    @shootersix Prayers of course.

With that handled, BREATHE. It helps.

When it's one of our own, it's hard to remember that frizzing out and "what'll I do"ing doesn't help and only makes them worse when they see YOU worrying. Around them, you need to be the rock they can lean on that will support them no matter what. They need to know that Dad is *there*.

I am not in any way saying you can't have feelings or that any of what I'm telling you is easy. It's not, even when you understand everything going on from the perspective of someone who faces it all the time -- From the viewpoint of a nurse and that of a retired paramedic who has cared for his own family members emergently, this is F***ing hard to do. You can do it. You can be their rock.

Ask the questions that come to mind for you, of the staff ("patient advocate" if you can find one!) The questions you can ask in the room with them, ask. The ones you think might not have positive answers, ask in the hallway. When you're away from them, you can fall apart and cry and whatever....and certainly once they are better and home.

Last thing, for now, contact pastoral care. Tell them you need to talk to someone, because you do. Not a bunch of guys on the internet, but a real human being in front of you who can listen and let you vent all that fear, all that frustration.... So you can be there for them.

I truly hope this helps and I pray that your dear ones soon come home to you, healed and safe.

God bless,
    Bill

blain

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    And starting a new job! Yikes, you've got a lot on your plate.
    At this point continue to take one step at a time, moving forward.
    In all the storm, remind yourself to listen to the still small voice in your heart.

You might also begin journaling what's going on around you as well as what you're thinking and feeling.
    Channel some of your nervous energy into documenting this episode in your life.
    When you come out the other side, you can reflect back on how God has moved in the situation.

I'm with Bill. Get someone that you trust and can talk to.
    Face to face or over the phone, someone you respect and trust.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Hang in there shootersix. Have faith in yourself and the determination to be the foundation they need that can help your wife and daughter get through this.

Prayers for healing and the strength to overcome what lies ahead brother.

Top Bottom