• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I have been watching more of this guy after seeing a 2 hour interview with him on P&S. He impressed me very much with his knowledge and I may look to take a class with him in the future. This video was interesting to me as I don't see it covered much these days. (In the past it was a thing with LE) So, do any of you draw the gun to something other than pointing at the target/threat?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    The closet I have come to that is shooting from low ready. I do some drills where I go from low ready to a small target to practice sending the round as soon as the dot appears on the target.

I can at least incorporate a few draws to low ready at times.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I have been watching more of this guy after seeing a 2 hour interview with him on P&S. He impressed me very much with his knowledge and I may look to take a class with him in the future. This video was interesting to me as I don't see it covered much these days. (In the past it was a thing with LE) So, do any of you draw the gun to something other than pointing at the target/threat?

At the range while training? No. In real life? Yes.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Says video is unavailable for me. Anyone have an alternate link? Or at least the guy's name so's I can look it up, too?

Generally speaking, anything coming from P&S is going to be quite good. And if not quite good, then at least entertaining and thought provoking.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Says video is unavailable for me. Anyone have an alternate link? Or at least the guy's name so's I can look it up, too?

Generally speaking, anything coming from P&S is going to be quite good. And if not quite good, then at least entertaining and thought provoking.

Try that.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I've done drills from holster to Target, gun on table to Target, and low ready to Target. It may be wise to break that training so I don't go from back off to oh he's dead. A middle ground is probably wise.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    He covers the draw in class
    ...about that...

He's practically all but 100% retired from classes now. So's if you didn't get it in class from him before now; almost all chances are gone.

MAYBE he'll do more YT videos now that he's not dependent upon classes for income? I know that he didn't give his classes away in YT vids.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    ...about that...

He's practically all but 100% retired from classes now. So's if you didn't get it in class from him before now; almost all chances are gone.

MAYBE he'll do more YT videos now that he's not dependent upon classes for income? I know that he didn't give his classes away in YT vids.
    You have a couple options.
    He has 2 one week long classes next year that are full HOWEVER the waiting list is moving as almost a year away and people drop out. The one in Miamisberg has the longest wait. The one in Colorado is shorter so if you sign up for a wait list chances are you can get a slot.

There are 20 Handguns Combatives instructors vetted by Mr Spaulding. So I’m sure they can cover some of the material for folks to use if they want. 2 that come to mind are Rich Nance and Lee Weems so check those out if you didn’t make it to an HC class

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    You have a couple options.
    He has 2 one week long classes next year that are full HOWEVER the waiting list is moving as almost a year away and people drop out. The one in Miamisberg has the longest wait. The one in Colorado is shorter so if you sign up for a wait list chances are you can get a slot.

There are 20 Handguns Combatives instructors vetted by Mr Spaulding. So I’m sure they can cover some of the material for folks to use if they want. 2 that come to mind are Rich Nance and Lee Weems so check those out if you didn’t make it to an HC class
    Awesome news!

I've recently heard of Lee Weems. His name stuck out at me due to it being relatively "odd". I mean no disrespect to him by that statement, I swear.

Would Spaulding's website list the other guys to look up?

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Awesome news!

I've recently heard of Lee Weems. His name stuck out at me due to it being relatively "odd". I mean no disrespect to him by that statement, I swear.

I didn’t see any links but give me a couple days and I’ll try and find some info

jlw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2018
    Georgia
    Awesome news!

LOL. If you think my name is odd; just wait until you actually meet me.

Weems is an alternate spelling of Wemyss, which means "cave" in Gaelic. The area my family controlled in Scotland has a famous cave, and thus we got the name.

Nineteen people attended Dave's one an only instructor course, and I received a battlefield promotion to be #20. Of those, only a few are actually teaching the Handgun Combatives courses.

The most active is Dave Jenkins who is based out of Rochester, NY.

Doug Bane and Spaulding's son-in-law, Daryn Cherry, are occaisionally offering courses at their club in Miamisburg, OH.

Rich Nance is based out of CA.

Tim Kelly is based out of NC. Dan Brady does a lot of stuff with Tim.

Scotty Cronin is based in OH.

Brannan LeBeuf is in New Orleans.

I don't think any of the others have estalished businesses.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Awesome news!

I just signed up for a class with Lee in MI. I have trained with him before but only in a seminar type setting at the Rangemaster Tactical Conference and not in a full class.

Top Bottom