• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rebase

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 25, 2019
    Indianapolis
    On the radio this morning they said Young did not read the bill before voting because there was not enough time between presentation and the vote. (Well then don't vote for it).

Likely the reason for the rush this morning. Get a vote before anyone can find the easter eggs they have hidden in the text.
    In my opinion: The reason for the rush this morning is to protect midterms. SCOTUS just dropped NYSRPA v Bruen this morning (https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/21pdf/20-843_7j80.pdf ... YAY!) and passing this bill today is no coincidence.
    It allows Republican party leadership to control the news cycle. McConnell mentioned SCOTUS and rioting specifically in his opening remarks supporting the BSCA bill.

Don't expect any major coverage on the SCOTUS case in the media today since the BSCA will be all over the news.

Just wait until Midterms, the republicans will bang the war drums for the dems going after the 2A and the cycle will repeat itself. Smart politics, just not good for the American People.

Moral of the story - call your senators. call your local news stations. message who you know to do the same. Dont let them pass this without them being aware of your opinion.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Holy shoot - they might be voting on it in an hour! WTF!?

Insider MDA/ET info below:

June 23, 9AM
    "
    Bipartisan Safer Communities Act
    1f525.png
    1f525.png
    1f525.png
    1f525.png
    1f525.png
    1f525.png
    1f525.png
    1f525.png
    1f525.png
    1f525.png

The vote is expected at 11 am today!!!
    Please call our senators, let’s keep the pressure on them to do the right thing for Hoosiers
    You can text BOLD TO 644-33 and they will connect you to the offices
    Let’s GOOOOOOOOOOOO
    "

June 21 9:14PM
    "
    Ok everyone, your NUMBER ONE priority is contacting our senators and asking them to vote yes on the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act.
    This is a GIANT step forward for gun sense.
    Contact Senators Young and Braun and DEMAND that they vote on the right side of history.
    Young has said he will vote yes. He needs to hear so many THANK YOUs for finally supporting some gun sense legislation.
    Braun has said he will vote no.
    I've attached some talking points you may find useful
    "

Will attach their talking points as soon as I download them.
    Thanks for taking point on this rebase

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    No, cloture vote is to end debate - was there any debate at all on this? - and proceed to the actual vote. Cloture takes 60 votes, this is where the filibuster comes in - actual vote is 50+1 to pass.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I won't be voting for Young when he comes up for re-election. Gun owners seem to have a long memory and hold grudges. :xmad:

He's up for re-election this November, right?

Gonna vote for the dem?

"We" trusted a dem senator in recent years. Are we happy about how that worked out?

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    I won't be voting for Young when he comes up for re-election. Gun owners seem to have a long memory and hold grudges. :xmad:
    Yes. Never forget that our sleazy Governor Holcomb tried to have his hack from Ft. Wayne, Liz Brown kill permit-less carry. NEVER FORGET when he tries to run for Senator as some rumors are. I would not vote for that sleaze for dog catcher.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Here's a draft for The Turtle's boy Todd.

Senator Young,

After reading the so-called “Bipartisan Safer Communities Act”, I have significant concerns over your support of the Constitution in general and the 2nd Amendment in particular.​

Passing legislation quickly after a horrific occurrence in an effort to “do something” rarely impacts those in which it is intended, and often has unforeseen negative impacts on law-abiding Americans. The National Firearms Act of 1934 did nothing to deter Prohibition-era gangsters (often the only people who could acquire weapons such as the Thompson sub-machine gun) and the Gun Control Act of 1968 (negatively affected the ability of lower-income individuals to acquire firearms) are two examples.​

An example of a solution in search of a problem with significant unintended consequences is the Gun Free School Zones Act of 1990. Columbine was nine years later, and the bar for committing such horror gets lower and lower. We protect our politicians with armed security. We protect out money with armed security. We protect our school children with signs.​

Mental health in this country is in a severely bad state. Help for this is long overdue. Too many people who should be in mental facilities are on the streets and quite often abusing drugs. I will give credit where credit is due. Mental health needs attention at all levels.​

Title II of this Act makes the assumption that criminals who commit murder acquire weapons through lawful means. This is absolutely false. The vast majority of murderers are already felons, forbidden from possessing firearms.​

How does redefining “engaged in the business” to “predominantly gain a profit” make communities safer? Why does the definition of terrorism appear in the same section? Terrorism is already against law, as are straw purchases and transferring firearms to prohibited possessors which are also in this Act.​

Why are grants going to States for implementing Red Flag laws? Abuse of these laws have been well documented. The Act states the Constitutional requirements for these Red Flag laws, but don’t these requirements already exist in the places the laws have been abused?​

Isn’t the illegal trafficking in firearms already illegal? Isn’t racketeering and money laundering already illegal? Why are these in this Act?​

Make no mistake Senator, Indiana’s gun owners are paying attention. I read the bill Senator; I seriously doubt that you read it.​

Name

Address

Phone

Top Bottom