• ...and so much more!
  • MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    Not sure if this should be in a separate thread. Young does have an independent running against him, Ellen Kizik.

I just found this, have only made it through 19min. but feel it's worth a watch.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    Most of these guys have a single goal: get reelected.
    Mitch and the crew had enough republican votes to get this passed and didn't need Young's vote yet he decided to jump on the train anyway. Why?

I'm guessing he either did have a 10-1 ratio of gun ban supporters contacting his office (and believed it truly represented his constituents), he had internal polling that showed it was popular or it was a quid pro quo for something else. It seems like the easier path would have been to vote no.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Most of these guys have a single goal: get reelected.
    Mitch and the crew had enough republican votes to get this passed and didn't need Young's vote yet he decided to jump on the train anyway. Why?

I'm guessing he either did have a 10-1 ratio of gun ban supporters contacting his office (and believed it truly represented his constituents), he had internal polling that showed it was popular or it was a quid pro quo for something else. It seems like the easier path would have been to vote no.
    He's all but guaranteed reelection. He has the R next to his name.

Does anyone believe that most voters will remember this vote in 6 years?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    For those of us with less skills please post more information about this. Thank you.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    If the R acts like a D, I don't really think I have anything to loose. In the past, the R was many times "the lesser of the 2 evils" & the conservative candidate without the R initial was a wasted vote.

I think those days may be over.
    Unfortunately, caucusing matters. The R(INO) caucuses with the other R(INO)s.

As it is, with a 50-50 split, we are relying on Manchin (D) and Sinema (D) as the only bulwark between near-oblivion in the US Senate. R(INO)s like Young know that, and are therefore emboldened to act with impunity to advance the Uniparty (and their own financial) interests.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    From another thread:

Dear Indy Defenders and Fellow Patriots,

U.S. Indiana Senator Todd Young will at Stacks Pancake House in Plainfield on Tuesday June 28th from 12:00 to 1:30.

Stacks Pancake House is located at 6011 Gateway Dr, Plainfield, IN 46168.

The meeting is open to the public. If you are available this would be an opportunity to hear from Senator Young and for you to relay your thoughts to Senator Young on how you believe he is representing your interests in Washington.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    July 5, 2022

Dear Mr. Smith,

Thank you for contacting my office about proposals to better defend our schools against violence. I appreciate hearing from you on this important topic.

Mass shootings and gun violence have created a complex and challenging situation in America. I believe that any solution must address the root causes of these events while ensuring that the rights guaranteed by the Second Amendment are not diminished or infringed. To start, our existing laws must be fully enforced, our law enforcement officers must be equipped and able to respond to school shooters. Importantly, our schools must be able to equip themselves with effective defenses and countermeasures. I support individual school boards, teachers, and parents being free to implement safety programs and practices that best work in their respective cases. Many schools have implemented policies allowing teachers to arm themselves to protect against potential threats.

As a member of the Jasper school board for ten years, I understand the importance of school safety. To help harden school defenses, I joined Senator Roger Marshall of Kansas in introducing S. 4369, the Safe Schools Act, on June 9, 2022, to allow schools to use unspent COVID-19 pandemic relief funds to purchase physical security measures and pay for new security personnel. Too often our schools are tragically viewed as "soft targets." The remaining COVID relief funds that have been largely unused and too often mismanaged would be well spent protecting our children by hardening schools and bolstering school security. I appreciate your suggestions, and I will be sure to keep them in mind as I consider legislation that affects both the Second Amendment and school safety.

Thank you for contacting me. It is an honor to serve as your U.S. Senator from Indiana. Please keep in touch with me on issues of concern to you. You can also follow me on Twitter or Facebook for real-time updates on my activities in the U.S. Senate. If I ever may be of service, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Mike Braun
    U.S. Senator

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I caught **** for brains delivering a speech on gun control today:

If you think these mother ******* are not coming for your arms and your natural rights, think again. These mother ******* are saying exactly what they want to do.

These ****suckers are like a cancer....give the ******** an inch and they will take a mile.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    "We need to ban assault weapons and high capacity magazines. And if we can’t ban assault weapons, then we should raise the age to purchase them from 18 to 21. Strengthen the background checks, enact safe storage laws and “red flag” laws. Repeal the immunity that protects gun manufacturers from liability. Address the mental health crisis deepening the trauma of gun violence, and as a consequence of that violence."

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Not sure if this should be in a separate thread. Young does have an independent running against him, Ellen Kizik.

I just found this, have only made it through 19min. but feel it's worth a watch.

Young makes me want to vomit, so I watched this video.

She lost me about a minute in...Indiana already has one Ukrainian broad representing us, we don't need a second.

Top Bottom