• ...and so much more!
  • Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    The time is here. With the very first Ruglins to hit the shelves, I was not offered one for review as the paid writers (vendor faves) have been wringing them out for a few months. Let's hope a few of them are honest in their write ups. It was no secret that the first ones would be stainless and have yuppie sight systems along with laminate wood. I am surprised they weren't plastic stocks. With an MSRP of over $400 more than the last of the Remlins, I think the market will bear the $1100 street price when the pipeline hits still water. This is still a good bargain for such a strong platform for ranch work and hunting. I will be buying a few of these and writing my own review once I see the forthcoming production changes to streamline manufacturing.

As far as materials go, I can not get an answer yet if the stainless version showcased has brushed nickel mag tubes or the higher standard of a 100 percent stainless gun. Time will tell when I actually get to see one in real life. I have heard however, there is no cast parts in these yet. Again, I will have to evaluate one myself to be sure. As far as Stainless being the first run, that is easy to understand. Stainless requires much less finishing than carbon steel and Ruger traditionally spends little time and resources on finishing the product. For many of us, when discussing building materials for guns we say this. When a shootist looks at a Polymer gun, a stainless gun and a finely crafted carbon steel gun that has been professionally blued, he glances over the plastic, looks at a stainless, and looks into the blued one.

Whatever the small changes good, or bad, I am so glad Ruger is making the attempt to keep it real. It is comforting to know that future generations will have a true levergun made in America without transfer bars, plastic barrel bands and spongy triggers

See you on the range!
    Trapper

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I just perused GunBroker for the new Ruger Marlin 1895's.
    WOW, are these people proud of them.
    I knew they would go for a pretty penny to start, but I saw several that have bids OVER $3200!
    Wonder how long I'll have to wait for the prices to come down.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I just perused GunBroker for the new Ruger Marlin 1895's.
    WOW, are these people proud of them.
    I knew they would go for a pretty penny to start, but I saw several that have bids OVER $3200!
    Wonder how long I'll have to wait for the prices to come down.
    Wow! Yeah, pretty proud is right! I'll wait for now, but I will replace the Marlin 336 I had years ago...hopefully sooner than later.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    3200 will get you into a true marlin 1895/336 xlr 24 inch barrel stainless laminate in 45-70 or 308 marlin. One of the least made circle JM marlins with a very good glass for the top.

I guess they sell the special concert seats now for 1k where you get a meet and greet, up front seats in the mosh pit. I get my tickets in the lawn.

Top Bottom